An Attempted Murder

Little Steps

"Eunbi? I thought she was your best friend," Suhyoon's dad said.

"She was, until she became a drug addict," Myungsoo replied for her.

"Oh..."

"Daddy, a lot has changed ever since you turned into a vegetable."

"I know. So go home, and have a good rest."

"You sure?" Myungsoo asked.

"Yeah, I'm sure."

 

 

 

 

 

Suhyoon and Myungsoo arrived home. They both tucked their already sleeping kids in bed, and climbed into their own.

 

Back at the hospital, Park Dongju fell asleep. But he had a weird feeling someone was watching him.

Someone was.

 

Eunbi had gotten high. Again. Her friend had brought drugs AND a knife to her, just as Eunbi had asked. It was snuck in when nurses weren't looking. And now, there were no nurses monitoring her. They were either sleeping on their shift, or in another patient's room, tending to them.

Eunbi, in a overdose state, grabbed the knife. She slowly got out of bed, and left her room. She stepped on the elevator, and made her way to floor 5, where Park Dongju was.

The elevator doors opened. She carefully sneaked out, making sure there were no nurses or doctors. Coast clear, she thought. Her eyes were glassed over, Her skin pale and sickly. She was hunched over, and walked towards Park Dongju's room. She peered in.

 

Dongju didn't feel right. He was sleeping, but was still half awake, conscious. He didn't know why. He didn't know how. He just had a bad feeling. 

 

Suddenly, he heart a shrill scream. He bolted awake, quick enough to see a crazy eyed woman lunge a knife towards his throat, then be tackled to the ground. 

Suhyoon's father was in a state of shock. His blood pressure shot up.

 

 

 

 

 

*BRIIIINNNNG BRIIIINNNNG* 

Myungsoo picked up his phone and said, "Hello?" in a groggy voice.

"Hello, is this Mr. Myungsoo Kim?"

"Yes, uh who is this?"

"We are calling from the hospital. Something has happened to Park Dongju."

Myungsoo quickly stood up. "We're on our way."

He gently shook Suhyoon awake, and told her. Immediately, she put on her clothes, and motioned Myungsoo to, too.

After, Myungsoo called Sunggyu if he could watch the kids. In less than five minutes, he arrived.

"Don't worry," Sunggyu said. "They're safe with me."

And Myungsoo and Suhyoon left.

 

 

They arrived to the hospital, and rushed to Dongju's room. They saw swarms of police officers. They also made it in time to see Eunbi being dragged away, with her arms flailing for the knife that was placed inside a plastic bag. A knife. It had no blood stain on it, which relieved Suhyoon.

"I'll get you Suhyoon, I'LL GET YOU!" Eunbi shrieked, in a high, shaking voice.

"Excuse me, you must me Mr. and Mrs. Kim."

The couple turned around to see the chief standing there. 

"Yes, nice to meet you sir. You can call me Myungsoo, and this here is my wife, Suhyoon." They shook hands.

"Could you tell us what happened?" asked Suhyoon.

"Well," the officer started. "Eunbi, as you know, has overdosed. She attempted to kill your father with a knife that has been brought in by a friend. We're still tracking this friend. Anyways, a male nurse saw Eunbi, and thought it was weird that she was on this floor, with a knife too. So he went to take her back, but he saw her enter your father's room. In an instant, he tackled Eunbi."

Suhyoon almost fainted. Myungsoo caught her, and held her in her arms. 

"Is... Is my father okay?" 

"You should ask the doctor, he should know."

The couple walked over to the doctor and asked the same question.

"It's hard to tell for right now. He got a severe, and he can die any moment. All we can do is pray."