Close Enough

The Engagement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The chain of the swing jiggled right before I heard, “You have feelings for me, that’s why.” I heard a familiar voice from behind me, this person was leaning near my ear to whisper such. Turning my head to the back of me, I saw Daehyun leaning over me while holding onto the chain of the swing. He gave me a cheeky smile and kissed my cheek quickly, making me flinch a little from shock. Before running up the slide, he whispered to me, “Let me tell you something.” And then, I also got a text from Daeho, “Let me reveal something you already know.” Just then my eyes widen and my eyes searched for Daehyun while he ran towards the slide. When he got to the top of the slide, he used his hands to form around his lips to yell out, “I LOVE YOU, MICHA! WILL YOU MARRY ME?”

My face felt like it was going to explode while I choked out a few words, “I…. Daehyun…” Nothing was going right with my mind at the moment. I couldn’t answer him because I was so shock. “Wait.. wait a minute, Daehyun..” I was almost in tears because everything was going by so quick, I couldn’t catch up. I watched Daehyun’s smile grow big while he slid down from the slide. He slowly approached me and kneeled. “What…. are you-” I started but stopped when I stared into his sweet brown eyes. “You’re going to officially be my fiancée.”

 

--

 

I held my hands in front of my mouth to stop me from making any sound. Daehyun just laughed because he already knows that I would obviously go ahead with a ‘yes’. He got up and embraced me, making me almost fall over. I swear tears were starting to built up but I held it in. “Right now isn’t a good time to start crying.” I thought to myself. But I was so happy, there won’t be any more complications. “I’m so happy.” I told him even though he probably didn’t hear because I was being crushed in his arms anyway.

“Daehyun.” He shift his head a little when he heard me call him. “Yeah?” Still hugging me, he answered. “So what do we do now?” I asked him, trying to look up at him even though he was insisting on the hug. He kissed my forehead and knocked our heads together, “What do you think?” I stared into his beautiful strong eyes, “I don’t know…??” His smiled at me, “Hmmm..” He was so cute, looking like he was thinking really hard. But I knew by that look, he had something planned out already.

“You make-out and go on a honeymoon!” We both stared at each other with wide eyes. “Was that..” I started but laughed when Daehyun finished my sentence for me, “YOUNGJAEE.” The other boys jumped out with confetti and balloons, “WOOOW HOOoOoOOO!~ SURPRISEE! SURPRISSE!!!” I blankly looked at them before my lips curved up, “I hate you all!” I laughed out loud with them too. They didn’t tell me this was going to happen but it went well. Youngjae pushed Daehyun away and attacked me with hugs with Himchan. Jongup and Zelo were jumping around in circles and waved their hands above them, crazily. “Why are you guys so weird?” I questioned them but obviously they didn’t hear me because they were playing around. Yongguk came along next to Daehyun and knuckled Daehyun’s head. “Finally.” Yongguk said, while laughing. When Yongguk let go and we were suppose to leave, Daehyun ran towards me and grabbed my hand and pushed Youngjae aside just like he did awhile ago to Daehyun. But all we did was laugh. “Let’s go to my house. I’ve prepared something for you with the other guys’ help.” Daehyun smiled to the boys and held my hand in his while we all began walking to his house.

 

--

 

When we got there, his family was also there. I took the time to greet them with a bow before continuing into the house. “Micha.” I heard my parents’ voices called me. I looked around as soon as I heard them, “Wait, what?” I didn’t know they were going to be here too.

Again, Daehyun grabbed my hand and dragged me along in front of everyone. Both his family and mine were here all together, including the boys too. Looking at Daehyun, I was confused. “What’s happening, Daehyun?” pulling at his sleeve I asked him. All he did was grin and held me close. He faced my parents and began, “I would like to ask for an approval to our engagement from Mr. and Mrs. Yang, and the brothers of Micha. I would like to take responsibility…” he stopped when I pulled his arm, hard enough to get his attention. “Oh my god! What is he doing!!!?” I screamed inside my head. My cheeks started to heat up when I thought about it too much. “Daehyun….! This is so embarrassing…” I whispered to his closest ear.

“RESPONSIBILITY? DID YOU GET HER PREGNANT, DAEHYUN?” Youngjae jokingly blurt out at the back before hiding when everyone’s jaw dropped. “YOO YOUNGJAAEEE!!” Daehyun pointed at Yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter