The Second Present

The Engagement
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Micha’s Point of View

“Okay, so hey, what’s that?” I pointed to a little package that Yongguk was holding near his chest. He then got a bit excited and one of his big lively smiles appeared, it was like he wanted me to ask about it, “Oh, this? You wanna know what it is?” Smiling and staring at it I answered him, “Yeah, so what is it?” He grinned then took it away from his chest and looked at it with those gentle eyes he has, “It’s something very special.” Looking away from the package then to me he continued with a smile, “And it’s for you.”

My mind was going crazy trying to understand the situation we were having. Something special for me? Why is he giving me something special? Unless it’s something he personally made or customized? This was confusing me then it hit me. But I don’t like him in that way. I looked up to him and again he was smiling at the package. I don’t think I can take this gift if it’s for me to accept his feelings. “Yongguk..” his name slipped out of my lips. “I can’t accept this.” His expression changed to when I stood up from the seat. I whispered, “I’m sorry, Yongguk.” He grabbed onto my wrist, “Yah, what’re you doing? Sit back down, I gotta show you this.” He pulled me back down next to him. Oh, okay then. I was really confused.

Yongguk started to take out a CD player and headphones and then he handed them to me. “What’re you doing Yongguk?” I ask to him, staring at the two items he placed in my hands. Then he opened the package revealing a silver color CD case. “What’re we going to listen to?” He paused, and then started grinning while he opened the case, “Not we but you.” I was just watching him doing what ever he was doing. He placed the CD into the player after opening it, going along with what he was doing I put the headphone on and waited patiently. “Listen to this song really close. I’m really sure it’s for you even if you guys aren’t together yet.” After hearing what he just said, my mind was going to explode. What is he talking about!? “Micha, tell me when you’re done listening to it okay? I’ll be back I want to see what’s in the pond too, heh.” Then he clicked play and ran off. I waited for the song to start, soft music started the beginning but within a second a voice was heard. ‘Listen babe,’ Uh, okay..is that Yongguk’s voice!? ‘I dedicate this song for you.’ Omo, it is! ‘A really happy you’ and that was Youngjae!? ‘who is next to me..’ I quickly put the song on pause, “Wow, Youngjae can really sing. Don’t tell me they sang this!? I gotta re-start it and really listen to it.” Then I played it again.

 

 

Listen babe, I dedicate this song for you.

A really happy you, who is next to me

I waited for today, your birthday

Your smile that looks at me

It’s really, really bright

I want to pick those stars for you

 

Happy birthday to you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter