Chapter 11

Leaping into Bunny’s heart.

 

Hye Ah looked at the mirror, keep pulling at her dress. Why is she feeling even more nervous than the 1sttime she steps into the school as the role of teacher?

‘Huuuuu….calm down u can do it….’ Hye Ah looked at the mirror, trying to calm herself down. She smiled at her own reflection in the mirror and picked up her bag, walking toward the main door.

‘An nyeong ha se yo~ Did u have a good night?’ Hye Ah turned her head toward the source if voice and a smile immediately bloomed on her face.

‘Minnie? What are u doing here?’ Hye Ah chirruped excitedly, asking the obvious.

‘To send u to school of course…’ Sungmin chuckled, erm… so this is how she looked when she is at work. Very teacher-like… He would like to be taught by her very much.

‘Oh~ I thought u are just joking yesterday….’ Hye Ah laughed, placing her hand on his arm naturally.

‘No, I am not….How can I miss your 1stday at school as Lee Sungmin’s girlfriend?’ Sungmin chuckled.

‘Minnie…U…’ Hye Ah laughed, shaking her head a little. He must be joking here, don’t take it seriously, Won Hye Ah…. Hye Ah warned herself in her little mind, however, the smile on her face is undeniable happy at the sound of Sungmin’s word.

‘Feeling better? Still nervous?’ Sungmin asked, squeezing her hand.

‘Erm… better…. But still a bit nervous…’ Hye Ah admitted, leaning a bit closer to him. Sungmin always had the ability to know what she is in her mind.

‘No worry, it will be just fine. No matter what I will stay beside u, remember?’

‘Yeah…. But I just can’t help feeling worried..’

‘Of?’ Sungmin asked, pushing her into the car. Hye Ah’s eye followed Sungmin who jog toward the driver’s seat and smiled at him as he seated himself inside the car.

‘Cos we always seem to get into trouble when we are both together…’ Hye Ah chuckled, admiring the stunned look on Sungmin’s face.

‘What? Hahahahaha!!’ Sungmin laughed as he pulled on the safety belt, knocking on her head a little after that.

‘Didn’t u realize?’ Hye Ah stuck out her tongue playfully and rubbed at her head lightly.

‘Come to think of it… seem to be….’ Sungmin admitted, getting his car started.

‘Oh~ I hope I can still walk out of the school in one piece…’ Hye Ah chuckled.

‘Hahahahh! U will be fine, no worry…. And Yuri volunteer to pick u up at the school later.’

‘What? And why?’ Hye Ah asked.

‘U will know why later, just contact her and inform her when u are ready to leave…’

‘But…. Aren’t u all fussing a little bit too much…. I don’t see the need to trouble Yuri…’

‘Trust me, u will need it…’ Sungmin smirked, driving toward the direction of her school.

‘Wuah… I think u will definitely make the entrance of me to the school harder…’

‘Hahaha! No choice…I need to go there myself…’

‘Why?’

‘Secret….’ Sungmin placed a finger to his lip and gave Hye Ah a mysterious smile and wink.

‘Aigh… u and your secret…’ Hye  Ah laughed. No matter what, she suppose she will know fast enough what is that…

The school are just like normal school, with student and teacher going in to the school to prepare for another day at the school.

‘U are not suppose to drive in…’ Hye Ah tried to stop Sungmin from driving in to the suppose to be staff car park upon realising his intention.

‘No worry, I had special permission…’ Sungmin chuckled.

‘Oh~ Its headmaster…’ Hye Ah muttered, unknowingly playing with the hem of her skirt again.

‘No worry…’ Sungmin caught her hand and gave it a gentle squeeze, unfastening her safety belt.

‘An nyeong ha se yo, Sir…’ Sungmin and Hye Ah greeted, bowing slightly at the headmaster.

‘An nyeong ha se yo… I am surprised to see u so soon , Sungmin ssi…’ the headmaster smiled at the handsome young man standing beside Hye Ah.

‘Yeah… we had something to discuss don’t we?’ Sungmin asked.

‘Yeah… sure, come on in..’ The headmaster smiled brightly at the smiling bunny, totally forgetting Hye Ah who is standing beside.

‘What is that u have to discuss with the headmaster?’ Hye Ah whispered to him.

‘U will know soon enough…’ Sungmin smirked, squeezing her hand.

‘Lee Sungmin, what had u done behind my back again?’ Hye Ah asked, between a frown.

‘Hahahaha! there is price to pay for everything remember? This is the thing I had to do to make up for the mess I made previously..’

‘Just what is that?’ Hye Ah hissed.

‘U will know soon enough. Now, go and get busy, ok?’ Sungmin smiled, pointing to the front.

‘………………….’ Hye Ah looked at Sungmin, she hoped he did not plan for anything that would make the whole situation worst… thing are already messy as it is now.. She just gotten back her job, she doesn’t wish to lose it that fast. However, she has no time for him right now, she had to get ready for the morning assembly. She doesn’t wish to be late for her 1stmorning assembly after missing it for 4 weeks.

Hye Ah gained lots of attention as she walked down the corridor of the school, from both student and teacher, who seem to be studying her as she walked past them. Hye Ah wondered, will she ever get used to all these staring from them? However, Sungmin’s word come to her mind ‘Just behave as how u should be, do not let other influence u. After all, u are living for yourself isn’t?’ Hye Ah smiled and nodded to herself, making her way to the assemble hall.

………….

‘An nyeong ha se yo…..sir…’ the student greeted the headmaster who seem to be in a high spirit today and the old gentleman smiled and nodded to them.

‘An nyeong ha se yo, yeo ro bun (everyone)… As all of u knows, we are going to have our final exam soon…. And I know all of u will definitely be working hard for it isn’t it?’ He asked looking at the student.

‘Neh…’ The student answered dutifully.

‘Good….And I believe all hard work shall be rewarded….instead of a day off from school, why don’t we just do something special this year? IF all of u be able to hit at least 98% of passable grade…..’

‘……………..’ the hall suddenly fall into pool of discussion as the student wonder what will the principal be offering this time round…

‘And I think u all notice that Miss Won had already come back to us…’ the principal continued, glancing over to Hye Ah.

‘……………….’the student turned their head over to the Bunny girl that gained quite a fair bit of attention recently and discuss among themselves again, wondering why the principal been changing the topic from the reward to the return of Miss Won… Hye Ah tried to flash out a smile and stand up to give them a slight bow….

‘And she brought with us her boyfriend, Sungmin ssi…..’ the principal continued, and the student looked at each other, is the principal joking here?

‘AHHHHHHH!!!!!!’the screaming started as Sungmin stepped to the front….

‘Gosh… what are u doing, Lee Sungmin?’ Hye Ah muttered, looking at Sungmin who is smiling ever so brightly and busily waving his hand at the screaming of the student. He places a finger over his lip with a smile and the screaming stopped immediately, with all the eyes on him, waiting to hear his angelic voice.

‘Thank u, an nyeong ha se yo, everyone, I am Lee Sungmin….’ Sungmin greeted, with a slight bow.

‘Ahh~~~ Sungmin oppa…. Saranghae~’ the fans fall into hysteric screaming again and Sungmin chuckled at the excitement of the little fans down there. The students tried to push their way to the front but being stopped by the stern staring from the principal.

‘Please behave ypurself…here….’ The principal warned, before he allow Sungmin to continue. Sungmin chuckled a little, not that he is not used to it, but it feel good to be able to feel so well receivable, especially in front of Hye Ah.

‘Thanks u, thanks u…. all of u must be wondering why am I here?’ Sungmin asked.

‘YEAH!!!!’ the student responded.

‘Ok, the main purpose, is to inform that I am the supposed to be reward?’ Sungmin smiled.

‘AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!’ the student screamed hysterically again and Hye Ah rolled her eyes at the sound of his word. Gosh… he didn’t even discuss with her 1st

‘So, please work hard for your exam… HWAITING!!!!!’

‘NEH!!!!!’ the student responded, making their mind to fight till the end to achieve the best grade they can…

‘And please help me to take care of Miss Won, ok?’ Sungmin continued with a playful little wink.

‘Neh…’the student started to chuckle at the sound of his cute request and casted a knowing glance over to Hye Ah who is blushing like crazy now.

‘Oh… ohtekke…’ Hye Ah placed her palms on her blushing face, not daring to have any eye contact with anyone that’s present.

‘That’s a good ‘boyfriend’ u have, Hye Ah…’ Minna chuckled, trying to get her attention by poking on her hand.

‘U… shut up… u should know better…’ Hye Ah hissed at her housemate colleague who is one of the rare person that know about the agreement between her and Sungmin.

‘Oh… u both made the agreement sound so real u know… Had the both of u…’ Minna stunned, raising her eyebrow at Hye Ah. Hye Ah merely rolled her eyes and looked back to the stage. Lee Sungmin…. U are making the whole pact more complicated now… and its won’t be easy to end it later on….

‘All right, thanks Sungmin ssi… so our special reward is a performance by Sungmin ssi, and part of …. Which is to be confirmed later…’ the principal continued. Hye Ah squeezed her way past her colleague and made her way toward the backstage where she suppose Sungmin should be right now.

‘Hello…’ The 1stthing that Hye Ah saw upon stepping into the backstage is the cute bunny that’s leaning to the wall leisurely, folding his arms. He waved his hand at her the moment he set his eyes on her, as if he expecting her….

‘U… Lee Sungmin…. What are u doing?’ Hye Ah hissed, pulling down his hand.

‘Hey… this is school mind u?’ Sungmin chuckled, looking at their entwined hand.

‘I am glad u knows… what are u doing?’ Hye Ah hissed, taking back her hand and folded it in front of her chest.

‘I already explained everything, can please send me to the car park? I had a schedule later…’  Sungmin asked after a glance at his watch.

‘Talk as we walk…’ Hye Ah hissed, walking in front.

‘Fine with me…’ Sungmin shrugged.

‘U suggested this?’ Hye Ah asked.

‘Yeah… with some discussion with my team mate….’ Sungmin chuckled.

‘Minnie… u… shouldn’t be doing this… u are busy as it is…’ Hye Ah said between her pout.

‘Hahahahha~ are u…. worried about me?’ Sungmin asked, admiring her cute expression.

‘Lee Sungmin!!!’ Hye Ah hissed.

‘I know what I am doing….’ Sungmin took her hand in his, giving it a light squeeze again.

‘Is it really alright for u to do so?’

‘No worry, I gained permission before this…If that’s what u are worried at….’

‘Minnie…. I… well… I really don’t know what I should say… I guess, I can only say thank u?’ Hye Ah smiled, casting a grateful look over to him.

‘A thank u kiss maybe?’ Sungmin suggested.

‘Sickening…’ Hye Ah slapped on his arm, laughing.

‘Hahahahha! All right, u better get back… u don’t want to be late for your 1stclass after missing it for a month don’t u?’

‘Yeah… take care then… I shall see u again?’

‘Yes, Yuri will be picking u up for dinner with us remember?’ Sungmin asked.

‘All right…See u…’

‘Yes, see u, I am going…’ Sungmin let go of her hand and seated himself inside his Honda Civic, getting the engine started.

‘Minnie…’ Hye Ah caught hold of his car door before he manages to slammed it close.

‘Huh?’ Sungmin stopped his action and casted an enquiring look to her.

‘Thanks u…’ Hye Ah thanked him and gave his cheek a quick peck before she turned and run away fast from him.

‘……………….’ Sungmin place his hand on his cheek, a bit stunned of the sudden peck on his cheek. However, he recovered from the shock fast enough and closes his car door, get his car moving.

Sungmin pressed his honk to get Hye Ah’s attention, blowing her a kiss as he drove past her, causing another great rush of blush to Hye Ah’s cheek. Hye Ah merely gave him a wave and walked back to the school, with an extremely good mood…

………..

…………….

………………

Hye Ah ended another long day at school and she is now picking up all her belonging in top speed, Yuri is already waiting for her in front of the school.

‘Hye Ah ssi… we are from XXX press, can we do a brief interview….’

‘Hye Ah ssi… sorry… we are…’

‘Ah.. that is Won Hye Ah, Sungmin’s oppa…’

Hye Ah is shocked when she is greeted with numerous strangers, with part of it reporter and some E.L.F… She doesn’t really know how to handle the media yet, especially when she is always well protected by Sungmin or the rest of SUJU member whenever there is presence of media around them previously.

‘I am sorry… excuse me….’ Yuri squeezed past the reporter and placed her hand on Hye Ah’s shoulder, smiling politely at the media people.

‘Ah~ Yuri ssi… so are u in a good relationship with Hye Ah ssi already?’ some reporter change their attention to Yuri instead when they saw Kyuhyun’s pretty girlfriend appearing right in front of them.

‘Erm.. well, we are. She is not used to the media yet.. So, please spare her all right? U all are scaring our poor teacher here… ahahaha!’ Yuri chuckled, as she direct Hye Ah toward her car which is parked not too far away.

‘Oh~ we just wanted to….’ The sound of the reporter throwing random question at her can still be heard and what Yuri does is just casting a polite smile at everyone, not answering any question further.

‘I am sorry... we are rushing to somewhere now… Lets fix a time where we can sit down comfortably and talk all right?’ Yuri bowed at the media people and get into her car, nodding slightly at the media people before she drove off…

‘PHEW….. thanks Yuri… I don’t know what I to do is u are not around just now…’ Hye Ah casted a grateful glance over to Yuri.

‘Hahahhaha! No problem… Yeah, that’s why Sungmin oppa get me to help u…’

‘Sorry for the trouble…’ Hye Ah casted an apologetic look over to Yuri.

‘Oh~ no trouble at all… aren’t we friend? Friend should be helping each other…’ Yuri laughed light heartedly.

‘Hmn… I wonder when will the media stop their pursuing…’ Hye Ah leaned her head toward the back and close her eyes, it would be tiring if she were to squeeze out of the school like this everytime….

‘Hahahahha! Unless something bigger happen…’ Yuri laughed.

‘Oh~ I certainly hope it’s not something bad… But it’s completely a different thing if it’s a KyuRi wedding…’ Hye Ah turned over and casted a knowing look at her and grinned at the blushing face of Yuri.

‘Oh!!! We are the maknae!!! Definitely we won’t be the next one…. We still had the old HeeAe who is coming to 30 but yet to be married!’ Yuri shouted out without much thinking, totally forgetting that Hye Ah is coming to her 30 as well…

‘…………………’the car fall into an awkward silent as Hye Ah doesn’t know what she should say to rebut Yuri… This is the 1sttime she feels that she is old….

‘Oh~ Hye Ah …. I mean… they had a daughter… but… u know…yet to be married….’ Sensing the unusualness of Hye Ah, Yuri tried to explain herself… hoping that it can at least make the situation less awkward.

‘Oh~ its all right… I know… Hahahahaha!’ Hye Ah chuckled, trying to brush away the uncomfortable feeling.

‘Well, Hye Ah… maybe I should explain myself, I am a bit too direct sometime… but it’s just because I feel we are close…. I really do not have any ill meaning…’

‘Yuri….its okay, I know… I  really do. Do not worry all right? U are not seeing me as someone who is so petty right?’ Hye Ah asked, narrowing her eyes at Yuri.

‘Hahahahahahahha! I am glad~ Hye Ah… u don’t know how worried I am just now…’

‘Oh~ how can I get angry at someone who is so kind to rescue me from the media just now?’

‘Here u go again…. But no worry, it’s HyoJin eonni turn to fetch u tomorrow…’

‘HyoJin? But don’t she has to take care of Junho?’ Hye Ah frowned, she had a feeling that she is being a burden to the girls right now.

‘Oh~ no worry… Ajumma Ae Li is with her tomorrow… they are having their usual ajumma-dating of the week…’

‘Hahahahahahha! U are so mean….’

‘U should see them…. Totally a husband slave…’ *shrugged*

‘I wonder… what will become of our Yuri when she get married?’ Hye Ah teased.

‘Cheh~ why me again?’ Yuri rolled her eyes, parking her car at the carpark of SM building, calling her boyfriend to pick them up….

…………

……………..

…………………….

Hye Ah ended the call with Sungmin and turned back to her mother, continued with their previous conversation…

‘That boy is calling?’ Mrs.Won ask, a bit worried of that dreamy look on her daughter face.

‘Hmn… he is busy with his practicing, but he will be picking me up later at the subway station…’

‘Are u serious with him?’ Mrs.Won asked.

‘Ermn… I thought I told u… the whole story?’ Hye Ah avoided her mother question guiltily, not daring to look at her eyes.

‘U liked that boy don’t u?’

‘Eomma…’ Hye Ah swallowed the imaginary lump and looked at her mother.

‘*sigh* but how about him?’ Mrs.Won asked.

‘I… don’t know…’ Hye Ah shook her head, she really doesn’t know. Sungmin seem to be especially close to the girls and he sure knows how to treat them well… Sometime she will feel that he is a bit more special toward her…. But maybe that’s because the rest of the girls are attached thus he set up a borderline between them and he doesn’t have to worried about that when it comes to her? She is really confused on that point…

‘Girl… u are not young anymore… And I don’t think, u can afford to play these love game… And… he is a celebrity… the temptation around him is simply too much… his colleague, his fans… all sort…’

‘Eomma… I know… we are just friend…’ Hye Ah insisted.

‘…………’ Mrs.Won turned her head away, she know her silly girl had fallen for that boy… She never allowed herself to be that close to another guy before this… She can sense the happiness when she talked about that boy but… she had to remind her, she doesn’t want her to get hurt.

‘Eomma… At least I will try to maintain that way…..I… will be careful not to get myself hurt? Moreover, it’s already almost half past our agreement period… So yah… I can just go back to my normal life after that…’ Hye Ah assured her. But how will the life without him? She seriously doesn’t know how it will turn out to… Cos she knew it’s obviously a liar when she said he is not more than a friend…

‘I don’t really meant that way… but.. Well, I just hope things will turn out to be good…’

‘Eomma… like u said, he is a celebrity…He has no lacking of girls… And…’

‘Hmnnnn…. All right…Its ok, I believe u know what u are doing….I am going to prepare the dinner…’ Mrs.Won nodded, leaving her alone.

 Hye Ah heaved a sigh, She know she doesn’t sound convincing… And she know her mother stopped the conversation abruptly because she doesn’t want to see her daughter trying her best to convince her by saying the thing that is going against her own wishes… She sighed and turned to reach for her phone, sending a message to Sungmin…

I am not going back tonight… so, do not have to worry about me and go ahead with your schedule…

Why? (@0@)

My mum insisted… Sorry….But I will make sure I am in time tomorrow…

Its ok…. Miss u…

Hye Ah place her phone aside, burying her face in her soft pillow. Goodness knows how much she missed hanging out with him and the rest… But no, she had to control herself… It just won’t do her good if she keeps on hanging with them like that… How is she supposed to get used to the life without him later? Yeah… she better starts practicing and get used to it now…

………………….

A soft ding dong sound from her phone wake Hye Ah up from her not so deep sleep… she reach for her phone and her eyes widen at the sight of the message that come from the person that keep appearing in her mind…. Hye Ah sat up and read the message that she just gotten from Sungmin…

Hye Ah…. Are u asleep?

Hye Ah bit her lip… She wonder, whether should she reply to him or just pretend that she is asleep? However, she decided to ignore his message and pretended to sleep instead.

I am feeling super lousy now… how I wish u are with me now….

Hye Ah looked at his second message, her mind is in a mess now…She can’t just ignore it right? Especially when she can feel that he is not okay at the sound of his message… Hye Ah bit her lip and dialled Sungmin’s number. She heaved a sigh of relieve when he picked it up within 2 rings.

‘Hye Ah? U are still awake?’ Sungmin’s soft voice comes through the phone, making Hye Ah’s heart winched at how tired he sounds over the phone.

‘What happen? Are u alright, Minnie?’ Hye Ah asked, deeply concern.

‘……………….’

‘Minnie?’ Hye Ah called out to his name again when he is not receiving any respond from the said bunny.

‘I am not….’

‘Minnie… what happen?’

‘Can I hug u now?’

‘Minnie….’Hye Ah bit her lip, looking at the clock. Its already way past midnight, 2a.m….

‘I am sorry…. I shall see u later then… U rest….’

‘Minnie…. Can u… can u pick me up from my parent house?’ Hye Ah closed her eyes, she must be crazy…. She is crazy…. What would her parent think of her?