Mixed-up Soul II

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The crowded of people not only Korean, but also tourists who came to fill the Jeju Waterworld in the morning. The giant water slide that is probably about 150 meter 492 feet caught their eyes especially Jihyo who like to ride extreme rides. It’s not that extreme as it was also made for kids, but the feeling of fear surrounds them. “I want to play the water slide!”, Jihyo said while grabbing Jongkook’s arm. 

 

             “You want to play the water slide, Jihyo-ya?”, Jaesuk asked in disbelief. 

 

             “Eo, palli wa yeudeura, oppa!”, Jihyo encouraged as he also grabbed Jaesuk’s arms to join Jongkook and her. 

 

             Jaesuk brushed off Jihyo’s hand from his, “Ani ani. You ride it first.”. 

 

             “Are you afraid? It’s not that long, oppa.”, Jihyo still encouraged Jaesuk.

 

             “We will ride it after you, Jihyo-ya. If it’s okay then we will go too after you.”, Sukjin said. He probably doesn’t want to ride the water slide because he is afraid. The others are also just stood up in front of them not saying anything because they don’t want to ride the water slide.

 

             “Mwoya? Are you all afraid?”, Jihyo asked in disbelief. 

 

             “You try if first, Jihyo-ya. Jeballllll.”, Haha pleaded to Jihyo as he almost vomit just by looking at the water slide. 

 

             “Aigoo, arasseo. Palli wa, oppa!”, Jihyo said as she grabbed Jongkook’s arm again.

 

             Jongkook stopped and took Jihyo’s hand away from his arm, “Why me, Jihyo-ya?”.

 

             “Seolma, oppa ddo afraid?”, Jihyo asked in nihilism that his eyes and mouth opened widely. Their friends also can’t believe that Jongkook refused to ride the water slide with Jihyo. What is the use of his big muscle anyway?

 

             “Ani….”, Jongkook tried to look for excuse but he failed. Jihyo doesn’t want to hear Jongkook’s reason and grabbed him to the water slide. Jongkook who looked like a chick who followed his mom to the water slide with forced.

 

             “Huh, what a relief.”, Dongwook sighed in solace. 

 

             “Jinjja, dahaengida.”, Gary also sighed reassurance. 

 

             “How come Jihyo unnie doesn’t scare of riding those?”, Somin can’t understand. 

 

             “She even jumped the 233 meter bungee jump at Macau, Sominnie. The slide doesn’t even reach 200 meter, so what is the big deal for Jihyo?”, Jaesuk explained.

 

             “233 meter bungee jump?!”, Somin asked in shocked. 

 

             “Eo, the tallest bungee jumping at Macau Tower.”, Haha replied as he also witnessed Jihyo bravely jumped the bungee jumping 5 years ago without hesitated.

 

             “Jinjja?!”, Sechan thunderstruck. 

 

             “5 years ago? When is that?”, Somin asked.

 

             “It was when we were going for a high school trip at Macau as a high school senior. One day, the teachers allowed us to have our own day for one day to travel Macau, so me, Sukjin hyung, Haha, Gary, Jongkook, Jihyo and Kwangsoo went to the Macau Tower. We wanted to challenge ourselves but Jihyo ended up jumping alone.”, Jaesuk explained. 

 

             “Jongkook hyung also don’t try to challenge himself?”, Sechan asked.

 

             “Jongkook hyung? Don’t you saw earlier. He even refused to play the water slide with Jihyo.”, Haha chuckled.

 

             “It’s because it was Jihyo’s requested. If it’s ours, he probably won’t bother to play the water slide.” Sukjin said.

 

             “What’s the use of his muscles then? Just to show off?”, Kwangsoo asked in curious. 

 

Not while after that, the voice of Jihyo’s screaming in excitement hit their ears. The figures of Jongkook and Jihyo’s on the big lifebuoy while slapped the water in a big splash. Jihyo wide eyes and a broad grin showed how enjoy she was, while Jongkook who closed his eyes and not showing any reaction showed how nervous he is. “Waaaa jinjja chaemisseo!”, Jihyo stood up and jumped in excitement like a little kid while Jongkook looks like he just wanted to vomit right away. 

 

             Their friends who witnessed the scene were speechless. “Jihyo daebak.”, Haha said in sullen while giving his thumbs up. The others applauded at Jihyo and Jongkook like they won a gold medal in national team. 

 

             “Mwoya? It’s your turn guys!”, Jihyo asked her friends to ride the water slide.

 

             “No thanks.”, Jaesuk said while waving his hand as a sign of surrender.  

 

             “Nado.”, Dongwook and Gary said in unison.

 

             “Mwoya? You guys promised earlier.”, Jihyo pouted .

 

             “I didn’t.”, Somin said.

 

             “Nado.” All their friends replied the same that Jihyo doesn’t even not to reply. Just one word can describe their behaviours, ‘afraid’. 

 

 

The smell of the marinated mackerel, grilled abalone, braised spicy seafood and fresh sushi pierced through their noses. Spiciness, burnt and fresh sea aroma made them drooled and mouth watered. All of them munched and chewed their foods together as they were too hungry after having fun at the waterpark earlier. The rounded and torpedo shaped with a slender, keeled tail base, a forked tail and a row of small finlets behind the dorsal and fins of marinated mackerel melted in their mouth without any fishy odor. The several marine snails in which the shell has a row of holes of the abalone outer surface with rich, flavorful and highly prized meat dipped in the oyster sauce made them went crazy as it’s considered a culinary delicacy. The braised spicy seafood with various of seafood such as crab, abalone, mackerel and squid in the red braised broth were so savory. The fresh sushi that were freshly made from fresh raw fish that were sliced as thin as paper about one-quarter to one half inch also melted in their mouth. 

 

             “I can’t believe I’m eating very good foods right now.”, Haha complimented the delicious foods at Chaghanjib.

 

             “I’m gonna miss this food in Seoul.”, Kwangsoo said.

 

             “Nado.”, Somin agreed. 

 

             “Where did you find this restaurant, Kookjong-a?”, Jaesuk asked.

 

             “I went here every year with Jihyo.”, Jongkook said while sipping his broth.

 

             “We even went on the last semester break.”, Jihyo continued.

 

             “Jinjja? Why you don’t bring us here too, Jihyo-ya?”, Dongwook asked in disbelief.

 

             “I thought you were helping your parents at restaurant, Dongwook-a?”, Jihyo asked with a death stare.

 

             “I’m just asking. Why would you angry?”, Dongwook intimidated. 

 

“You will probably blame me for not asking you again, right?”, Jihyo said with her big doe eyes staring at Dongwook. Dongwook just gave her dissatisfied look.

 

“Why won’t you asked us to come too, Jihyo noona?”, Sechan asked.

 

“You were always with Jongkook hyung. Never remember to bring us along!”, Kwangsoo pouted.

 

“Ya!”, Jihyo yelled at Kwangsoo.

 

“Wae? It’s true right? You were always with Jongkook hyung. Why would you wanted to spend time with Jongkook hyung only when all of us will probably rarely to meet each other after graduated?”, Kwangsoo stated the truth fact. Jihyo ignored Kwangsoo as she was too stunned too speak. “Are you really going to cut us off?”, Kwangsoo continued to murmur. 

 

“Ya ya Kwangsoo-ya! Keunyang meogja eo?”, Jaesuk interrupted as he knew that Jihyo will exploded in any time. Yes. The hot-tempered Song Jihyo.

 

“I asked Jihyo to come with me and I didn’t ask you guys to join. Blame me, Kwangsoo.”, Jongkook said that brought Kwangsoo’s speechless.

 

 

The fire from the bonfire came to light up the night, to warm air that was more accustomed to the chilly night at the beach. It lit every face of them and they felt the heat go to their core. “Let’s sing a song!”, Somin suggested. 

 

             “Gabjagi?”, Sechan asked at Somin’s sudden request. 

 

             “Why not?”, Jaesuk agreed to the idea. 

 

             “Geudae nareul wihae useumeul boyeodo. Hoetalhan pyeojeong gamchulsun eobseo. Himeopsi dwidoraseon geudaeui moseubeul. Heurin nuneuro baraman bone.”, Sukjin suddenly started to sing the first verse of As Time Goes By song. The song that are nostalgic and suits the mood on that chilly night by the beach.

 

             “Naneun algo isseoyo uriui sarangeun. Igeosi majimagiraneun geoseul. Seoraga wonhanda ahedo yeongwonhal sun eobseoyo. Jeo heulleoganeun sigan ebseoneun.”, Jongkook continued the second verse of the song too. His sweet voice brought ease on that night. Everyone started to fit in the situation. 

 

             “Sewori gamyeon gaseumi teojideushan. Geuriun maeumiya ijneunda haedo. Haneopsi sojunghaessdeon sarangi isseosseumeul. Iji malgo gieokhaejwoyo.”, the collaboration of Sukjin and Jongkook’s voice for the chorus part made the rest of them started to reminisce their memories not only at the Jeju Island, but also during high school and their university life. Sukjin, Jaesuk, Jongkook, Gary, Haha, Jihyo and Kwangsoo who were the first members of their groups since high school for 8 years and they met Dongwook, Sechan and Somin during their studies at university for about 3 years ago. Dongwook who i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter