Unquestionable Truth

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“It’s today right?”, Jihyo asked to Jongkook. 

 

             “Mwo?”. Jongkook answered. 

 

             “Kwangsoo, Dongwook, Donghoon oppa and Gary oppa dancing competition!”, Jihyo said excitedly. The day that they have been waiting for since last week. It’s Faculty Festival Day!

 

             Countless tents were at the alleyway outside of Faculty of Applied and Creative Arts with variety of food booths, gallery exhibitions, exciting games and activities, and various products and bundles on sales. The alleyway was filled with a lot of students and lecturers from their faculty and other faculties. A big stage for the talent competitions looked ceremonious at the faculty parking area as it’s the only spacious place available around the faculty. The talent competitions will be held on different day which is dancing competition on Monday, singing competition on Tuesday and acting competition on Wednesday. The results of the winner probably will be announced on the last day of festival which is on Thursday due to the festival day will be carried out for four days and Friday will be the students’ rest day followed by the short semester break for one week. 

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo taking their light steps to enjoy the festival day and went to the food booths as Jihyo wanted to.  The scent of the spiciness ttokbeokki hits Jihyo’s nose as she’s inhaling the fresh air. Jongkook chuckled as he looked at Jihyo’s behaviors. 

 

             “Neo gae ya?”, Jongkook asked as a joke.

 

             “Eyyy. Don’t you smell something good oppa?”.

 

             “Ttokboekki mogoshipeo?”.

 

             “Eo.”.

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo went to the ttokbeokki and bought two cups of ttokboekki for each one of them. They have been walking around the food booths for several minutes and bought a lot of foods such as sandwich, sundae, corndog, lasagna, burger and chicken popcorn. 

 

             “I think we bought a lot of foods already, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said as he looked at both of him and Jihyo’s hand with a lot of plastic of foods. 

 

             “Keurae? Should we look for a table to sit? Na baegeuppa.”.

 

             “Eo.”.

 

             Jongkook pointed out one of the available tables at the student lounge and they went to sit there. Jihyo ate one by one foods that she bought like a little kid. Jongkook and Jihyo enjoying their foods while chit-chatting. 

 

             “Emmm neomu massisseo.”, Jihyo said adorably as she savoring her foods.

 

             “Can you finish all of this in one-go, Jihyo-ya?”. Jongkook asked in doubtly.

 

             “Ani. I’m already full actually.”, Jihyo giggled.

 

             “Then why would you bought a lot of foods?”. Jongkook asked while chuckling.

 

             “All of these foods look delicious, oppa.”. Jihyo replied while savoring one piece of ttokboekki.

 

             “Chamna.”, Jongkook snickered. 

 

             “Oppa, can we buy the mint choco ice cream that we passed by earlier. I want to eat that as a dessert.”, Jihyo requested. 

 

             “You probably already ate a lot, Jihyo-ya. Don’t you said that you are already full?”, Jongkook asked in doubt.

 

             “Keunyang dessert oppa. You know how much I like mint choco, right?”, Jihyo pouted to win Jongkook’s heart. 

 

             “Arasseo arasseo.”, Jongkook affirmed. Who can say ‘no’ to that face?

 

             As they finished eating. Jihyo suggested to play games and activities at the booth. Jongkook who is her obedient best friend keep following Jihyo everywhere as that is what his purpose. Just to accompany Jihyo. The dart game caught Jihyo’s eyes and she challenged Jongkook. 

 

             “Oppa, try to defeat me.”, Jihyo challenged with a smirked. 

 

             “Eo? Jinjja?”.

 

             “Loser get a flick on their forehead. Kol?”.

 

             “Keurae. Kol!”.

 

             Bogum, Jihyo’s classmate who own the dart game booth gave three darts to each Jongkook and Jihyo. “Noona, hwaiting!”, Bogum said to Jihyo to cheer Jihyo. 

 

             “Eo, Bogum-a. Noona will definitely win against Jongkook oppa.”, Jihyo said in confidence. Bogum chuckled as he found Jihyo’s adorable. 

 

             Jongkook who witnessed the scene started to feel slightly jealous as a good-looking Jihyo’s hoobae cheered on her. “Bring it on!”, Jongkook said.

 

             Jongkook threw his first dart as he is the first player to challenge. The first dart hit the inner bullseye and he screamed in enthusiasm. He looked at Jihyo and winked to her as Jihyo’s face started to get worried. Jongkook threw his second dart and hit the single ring. He sighed and he looked at Jihyo who her sullen face started to go away. He put his hand together while closing his eyes hoping that he would at least hit outer bullseye. After a while, he threw the last dart but hit the triple ring. “Arghhhhh”, Jongkook groaned. He looked at Jihyo who is giggling after seeing the results. “Eo? You didn’t play yet you are already happy?”, Jongkook said in sorrow. 

 

             “I’ll probably defeat you, oppa.”, Jihyo said confidently. 

 

             “Haeba.”. Jongkook challenged.

 

             Jihyo took his position to play the dart game. She threw his first dart while closing her one eye to target the inner bullseyes and surprisingly she hit on the inner bullseye. She screamed excitedly as if she already won the challenge. She looked at Jongkook to brag her first throw. “Oppa, paba!”, Jihyo bragged.

 

             “I was like that too earlier, don’t you remember?”, Jongkook chuckled as he is still calm. 

 

             “Dugo bwa.”, Jihyo said with passion.

 

             She took her position again and ready to throw her second dart. She threw her second dart and hit another inner bullseye. She screamed excitedly once again like a little kid and stuck her tongue out to Jongkook. 

 

             “Na manghaesda.”, Jongkook said while shaking his head. 

 

             Jihyo threw her last dart and hit the inner bullseye. Jongkook’s eyes and mouth opened widely as he witnessed the unbelievable scene. Jihyo hit the inner bullseye with her triple darts in one game. No wonder her friends called her ‘Ace’ as she aced mostly every games she played. Bogum who observed the scene from the beginning smiling happily looking at his adorable Ace noona who won the challenged with her best friend. 

 

             Jihyo jumped lightly with both of her hands raised. She went to Jongkook who suddenly silenced as he was defeated by Jihyo.

 

             “Oppa, ottae?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook as she put her face closely at Jongkook to annoy him. 

 

             “Arasseo arasseo. You can flick my forehead once.”, Jongkook said as he admitted his defeat. He spread his legs to balance his height with Jihyo so that Jihyo will comfortably flick his forehead. Jongkook brushed off his hair to the side to give space for his forehead to get a flick. After brushing off his hair to the side, he put both of his hand on his waist and closed his eyes. Jihyo who is still chuckling as she looked at Jongkook being so funny to accept the punishment. 

 

             “Oppa, are you afraid?”, Jihyo teased while giggling.

 

             “Ani. Let’s get it done, Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook said in a rush. 

 

             “Why with the rush, oppa?”, Jihyo teased non-stop.

 

             Jongkook opened his eyes and glared at Jihyo. “Aaaa palli wa.”, Jongkook whined like a kid.

 

             “Arasseo arasseo. Here I go.”.

 

             Jongkook closed his eyes and Jihyo started to count to flick his forehead. “1, 2, 3!”, Jihyo’s palm hit Jongkook’s forehead and the sound of the hit was satisfying loud. Bogum who witnessed the scene from the back get shocked as the sound of Jihyo’s hand was unexpectedly loud. Jihyo quickly hugged Jongkook while giggling. “Oppa, gwenchana?”.

 

             Jongkook who’s still bear with the pain in Jihyo’s arm still can’t get the situation. He put his hand on his forehead to bear with the pain and looked at Jihyo, “Why are you using your palm instead of a finger?”. Jongkook dissatisfied with Jihyo’s punishment. 

 

             “I didn’t say I would use my finger?”, Jihyo asked chuckling while still holding Jongkook in her arms. 

 

             “A ‘flick’, then it’s a finger then.”, Jongkook protested. 

 

             Jihyo tightened her hugged as she felt apologetic of her own pranked. “Arasseo arasseo mianhae.”, Jihyo apologized. She is still laughing as she found the situation was impossible not to laugh. 

 

             Jongkook stood up properly and slowly getting out from Jihyo’s arms. He looked at Jihyo who is still happy as she won the game and started to chuckle along with Jihyo due to Jihyo cuteness. “Neo jinjja. Are you slowly becoming a same species as Kwangsoo?”, Jongkook asked. 

 

             “Eo! Don’t compare me with Kwangsoo, oppa. He’s on another level. I’m pure and innocent, oppa.”, Jihyo said while crossing her arms with his left upper mouth started to raise. 

 

             Bogum who is at their back witnessed their scene from the beginning started to call Jihyo. “Noona, as you won and hit the inner bullseyes triple times, you can choose one of the animal stuff dolls here.”, Bogum said with a smile while pointing out the stuff animal dolls to Jihyo.

 

             Jihyo went to look at the stuff doll animals that Bogum’s pointed out and started to look at each one of them. She didn’t know what to choose and asking Jongkook’s opinion which one is better. “Oppa, which one looks good?”, Jihyo asked Jongkook while her eyes still looking at the various of stuff animal dolls. 

 

           “Amugeosdo.”, Jongkook answered with dull. Jihyo glared at him as he heard Jongkook’s lazy answer. Jongkook scoffed as he noticed that Jihyo is glaring at him. “Igeo.”, Jongkook pointed out the Winnie the Pooh doll. 

 

             Jihyo looked at Bogum and told him that she wanted the Winnie the Pooh doll. Bogum nodded and gave it to Jihyo. “Gomawo, Bogum-a. Annyeong.”, Jihyo said to Bogum as she bid goodbye. Bogum nodded and waving his hand to Jihyo as Jongkook and Jihyo walked out from the booth. 

 

          “Chaemisseo~”, Jihyo said while holding her Winnie the Pooh. 

 

             “It’s because you won. No wonder you are the Ace.”, Jongkook said as he is still not satisfied that Jihyo won. Jihyo chuckled upon hearing Jongkook’s whimpered. She then looked at her Apple white watch which shows that it was 10 minutes almost 4:00 pm. 

 

             “Oppa, it’s almost 4:00 pm. Should we go to the studio room to cheer Kwangsoo, Dongwook, Donghoon oppa and Gary oppa before their competition this evening on 7:00 pm?”, Jihyo suggested. 

 

             “Keurae.”, Jongkook agreed. 

 

 

Dongwook and Haha lied down on the studio floor as they are exhausted from dancing all-day before their competition. They should be rest by now before the competition in the evening but Kwangsoo keep insisted that they should practice again and again.

 

             “Kwangsoo, keuman haja.”, Gary whined and took a seat on the studio floor next to Dongwook and Haha who were lying down while panting. 

 

             “Eo, keunyang keuman haja Kwangsoo-ya. What if we don’t have energy to perform later?”, Haha stated. 

 

             “Maja, Kwangsoo-ya. Don’t you want to win after the non-stop 2 weeks of practiced? I’m already sick of listening to the Heart Beat song.”, Dongwook said. 

 

             Kwangsoo ignored all his hyungs concerned and whined. He continued to standing in front of the studio mirror and began to dance with the song beat. After the song finished, he then switched off the music speaker and gobbled down his drink in his yellow cylinder water bottle. After putting away his yellow cylinder water bottle from his mouth, he started to pant and looked at Dongwook, Haha and Gary who are exhausted. “Arasseo, let’s rest.”, Kwangsoo said. 

 

             The knocking down sound on the door caught off Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook. Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook looked at the door and wondered who could it be since they didn’t expect any visit. “Who could it be?”, Gary asked.

 

             The door opened from the outside and Jongkook and Jihyo peeked inside the studio room. “Ie bang maja, oppa?”, Jihyo asked while looking around, not noticing that Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook inside. Jongkook looking around too to look for Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook. 

 

             “Eo hyung, noona!”, Kwangsoo shouted from the inside as he saw Jongkook and Jihyo’s head peeking inside the studio room. 

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo followed the sound of Kwangsoo’s voice and looked at Kwangsoo sitting on the studio floor along with Dongwook, Haha and Gary who were lying down. “Kwangsoo-ya!”, Jihyo screamed.

 

             “Come in.”, Gary said as they welcomed Jongkook and Jihyo. 

 

             Jongkook and Jihyo took their steps inside the studio room and closed the door. Both of them took a seat on the studio floor along with those so-called Heart Beat idols. “Ya, you guys are good?”, Jongkook asked Dongwook, Haha and Gary who were lying down looking exhausted. 

 

             “Why do you guys look so exhausted? Jinjja gwenchana? Can you guys perform later?”, Jihyo asked as she worried. 

 

        “Keureommmm. They are just tired from practiced.”, Kwangsoo answered on behalf of Dongwook, Haha and Gary. 

 

             “’Just?’ ‘JUST?’”, Dongwook asked Kwangsoo in annoyance. 

 

             “Kwangsoo probably abused us hyung, Jihyo-ya. He kept asking us to practice and we had practice enough though we have to perform later. Jinjja na keunyang jugyeo.”, Haha whined dissatisfied. 

 

             “Maja, hyung, Jihyo-ya.”, Gary also complained. 

 

             “Aigoo, neo!”, Jongkook said looking at Kwangsoo while holding his punch. Kwangsoo blinked his eyes once and flinched to avoid Jongkook’s punch.

 

             Jihyo hold Jongkook’s punch and put his punch down to stop their childish fight. Jihyo opened the plastics of foods she bought from the food booths with Jongkook after their dart games earlier and gave it to Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook. “We bought you guys food earlier for you guys. Meoggeo.”, Jihyo said. 

 

             “Eooo mwoya, mwoya?”, Haha instantly sat down along with Dongwook and Gary as they smelled something nice from the foods that Jongkook and Jihyo brought.

 

             “Nothing much. Ttokboekki, kimbap, burger and sandwich with Coke.”, Jihyo answered while looking at her friends chewing the foods. 

 

             “Musseun nothing much? This is probably a feast. Gomawo hyung, Jihyo-ya.”, Haha said while taking a bite from his burger. 

 

             “I thought you were allergic with the kimbap as you can’t even bear with the kimbap’s smell, Jihyo-ya. It’s remind you of…. Emmm, why bother bought us kimbap?”, Dongwook asked in curiousity while putting a piece of kimbap into his mouth. 

 

             “Gwenchana. I’m not eating it. You guys probably need to eat some rice to gather your energy later. Keunyang moeggeo.”, Jihyo answered calmly.

 

             “Eoooo Jihyo noona jjang!”, Kwangsoo praised Jihyo while showing his thumbs up. 

 

             Gary noticed Winnie the Pooh doll sat beside Jihyo and asked in curiosity, “Mwoya keu inhyeong?”. While focusing with the foods, Gary pointed out the doll with his chopsticks as he asked Jongkook and Jihyo. 

 

             “Eo, igeo?”, Jihyo took the doll beside her and showed it to Kwangsoo, Haha, Gary and Dongwook. “Yeppeojyo?”, Jihyo asked with her sweet smile. 

 

             “Hokshi, did you won from some game you play at the booth?”, Kwangsoo predicted. 

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo answered excitedly. 

 

             “Musseun game?”, Dongwook asked. 

 

             “Dart. I made a bet with Jongkook oppa. The one who lose will have a flick of finger on forehead.”, Jihyo explained.

 

             “Keureom, who won?”, Haha asked. 

 

             “Na.”, Jihyo answered shortly. 

 

             “Hyung, jyeosseo?!”, Kwangsoo asked in shocked while looking at Jongkook. Jongkook just made his straight face trying to ignore the question from Kwangsoo.

 

             “Hokshi, Jihyo-ya. Uri Ace.”, Haha said while nodding his head. He then put a piece of kim

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter