Astonishing Taste

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sound of clanking beer bottle cap on the floor showed how enthusiast Somin wanted to mix the beer and soju. Sechan helped Somin mixing the soju and beer in the glass and soju glass using chopsticks as they were the maknaes in their group of friends. As both of them successfully mixed the soju and beer, they passed the mixed soju and beer in the glass to each of their friends. 

 

             “Hyung, make a toast!”, Gary suggested to Jaesuk before they drink the mixed soju and beer. 

 

             “Ddo naya?”, Jaesuk complained. “Let’s Sukjin hyung make it for once.”. Jaesuk suggested the oldest hyung to make the toast. 

 

             “Keurae.”, Sukjin affirmed. He stood up and started to make a speech. “Cheerfulness, content and competency. Cheerfulness in our cups, contents in our minds, competency in our pockets. Congratulations to Jongkook who always won the singing competition and to the Heart Beat idols who won the second place in dancing competition though Sechan, Somin and I didn’t win.”. All of them chuckled and giggled. “A big thanks to Jaesuk and Jihyo who lead the successful of the events.”. Sukjin continued, “May the warmth of our affections survive the frosts of age. Cheers!”. Sukjin raised his toast with his friends as the sound of the clinking glass slapped to each other glasses. They took a sip of their mixed soju and beer and screamed, “Yeah!”. 

 

             “Why did we won second place? I can’t really understand. We could win the first place.”, Kwangsoo complained while raising both of his hand upward. 

 

             “Is that even a question, Kwangsoo-ya?”, Jaesuk asked in disbelief. 

 

             “So you wanted to say that we did a perfect job compare to the Couple group?”, Haha asked in doubt though he wanted to win the first place. 

 

             “You guys did a good job but not perfect.”, Jihyo replied. 

 

             “What do you mean by that?”, Dongwook asked.

 

             “Ani. The Couple group did good and perfect job while you guys only did a good job.”, Jihyo said innocently. 

 

             “What did the Couple group had that we don’t?”, Gary asked in curiosity. 

 

             “You seriously asking that question, oppa? Isn’t it obvious?”, Jihyo asked again like she is giving a quiz. 

 

             “Keureom, what did they had that we don’t?”, Kwangsoo asked in dissatisfied. 

 

             “Looks.”, Somin answered shortly. 

 

             “Ya! What’s wrong with our look?!”, Gary asked in sullen. 

 

             “Do you seriously asking what’s wrong, oppa?”, Somin giggled that her eyes narrowed. 

 

             “Ya, ya! Neo! You are probably the youngest here. How dare you! You are not pretty either.”, Kwangsoo revenged. 

 

             “Eyyy, don’t mentioned the truth fact, Kwangsoo hyung. Bulssanghae Sominnie.”, Sechan teased trying to play along with Kwangsoo. 

 

             “Ya, Yang Sechan!”, Somin screamed to Sechan who giggled that her gum and teeth showed. 

 

             “Sechan-a. Don’t you think that you are being too harsh to your girlfriend?”, Jaesuk who likes to pair Sechan and Somin started to tease Sechan. 

 

             “Eyyy musseun girlfriend, hyung?”, Sechan replied. 

 

             “Sechan like younger girl, hyung.”, Jongkook interrupted as he revealed one of Sechan’s secrets. 

 

             “Hyunggggg, why would you revealed that?”, Sechan asked as if he was betrayed. 

 

             “You like younger girl, Sechan-a? How about older woman?”, Sukjin asked Sechan’s opinion. 

 

             “Just be good to your Sujung, hyung. Did you even meet your girlfriend this week?”, Jaesuk asked Sukjin with slightest joked. 

 

             “Ani.”, Sukjin replied shortly while giggling. His short and expected answer brought laughter to all of them.

 

             “Ottae, Sechan-a? Older woman? Don’t you interested?”, Haha asked Sechan and hoping for a genuine answer. 

 

             “How about Jihyo?”, Dongwook asked unexpected question that shocked all of them especially Jihyo and Jongkook. 

 

             “Gabjagi?”, Jihyo asked in shocked. 

 

             “Family don’t date, Dongwook-a.”, Jaesuk answered on behalf. 

 

             “Wae, hyung?”, Jongkook suddenly interested to reply as he doesn’t agreed with Jaesuk’s opinion. 

 

             “Would you want to date your own dongsaeng, Jongkook-a? Would you date Jihyo? Somin?”, Jaesuk asked slightly to see Jongkook’s reaction as he remember that he witnessed Jongkook and Jihyo’s scene at the singing competition two days ago. 

 

             Jongkook tilted his head as he doesn’t know the answer. He is confused. “Jihyo is a dongsaeng?”, Jongkook asked in his mind. “But…. they are not related… by blood. So… can’t we?”, Jongkook asked in stuttered. He continued, “Sechan and Somin can date.”.

 

             “So you wanted to say Somin and Sechan can date to each other while you can date Jihyo noona, hyung?”, Kwangsoo asked seriously but he covered it up with chuckling. He is seriously dying to know Jongkook and Jihyo feeling after he witnessed the scene at the singing competition two days ago. Same goes to Dongwook, Haha, Gary and Jaesuk, but they didn’t talk it with each other due to might overthinking though the possibility of them to date is high.

 

             “Neo michyesseo?”, Jihyo asked Kwangsoo while holding and showing her chopstick to Kwangsoo as an act to stab Kwangsoo. It’s lucky that Kwangsoo sat far away from her. “Why would I date oppa?”. Jongkook who heard Jihyo’s question lead him to confess to Jihyo is low as the rejection possibility is high since Jihyo look like he doesn’t want to pair up with him. He better like and love Jihyo’s in silence than to lose a lot. He might lose their friendship, their bond, his dongsaeng that is not related by blood and a best friend for 8 years. He can’t bear to lose Jihyo. The thought of losing her already make him goes crazy. 

 

             “Ya, oraemaniya haksaeng-a.”, greeted Bopil as he served the stir fried octopus on his regular costumer table. “Musseun occasion today? Celebrating the short semester break?”, Bopil joked. 

 

             “Celebrating that I won the dancing competition in second place, Jongkook hyung first place and Sechan, Somin, Sukjin lose.”, Kwangsoo replied to give answer to Bopil. 

 

             Sechan and Sukjin glared at Kwangsoo while Somin hit Kwangsoo’s head with her spoon. “Aaa!”, Kwangsoo screamed. 

 

             Bopil chuckled at Kwangsoo’s answered. “Congratulations. All of you probably did a great job.”, Bopil congratulated them. “Eo, that’s why you all probably here with full group of friends. Last week it’s only Jongkook and Jihyo came.”. Bopil said to them innocently while smiling. He immediately leaves them as he finished talking to them. 

 

             “Eo? Jongkook and Jihyo went here just the two of you? Without telling us?”, Jaesuk asked in confusion. He gathered his thoughts and try to mix the missing puzzles but it’s still not enough. “They probably just came to eat, maybe.”, thought Jaesuk in his mind. 

 

             “Eo? Isanghae.”, Sukjin said while tilted his head.

 

             Kwangsoo reached the stir fried octopus using his chopsticks and put it in his plate. Suddenly he asked his question that been flying inside his mind. “Hyung, noona…. Dating aniji…?”, Kwangsoo asked as he lower gaze at Jongkook and Jihyo.

 

             “Neo michyesseo?”, its Haha’s turned to hit Kwangsoo’s head with his spoon. “I told you numerous times already. They are not dating.”, Haha irritated. 

 

             “Why are you so confident that they are not dating? Why are you being so aggressive every time I told you Jongkook hyung and Jihyo noona dating?”, Kwangsoo asked in anger.

 

             “Because I know it won’t happen. Right, Jongkook hyung? Jihyo-ya?”, Haha asked Jongkook and Jihyo. 

 

             “Eo…. Why would I date… oppa?”, Jihyo stuttered. 

 

             “Why are you not denying, hyung?”, Gary asked. “Is it really they dating that Jongkook hyung can’t deny?”, Gary asked in his mind.

 

             “Ani… why would you guys put me and Jihyo in the spotlight? There’s nothing like that.”, Jongkook answered nervously. 

 

             “Maja. Wae uri ya?”, Jihyo supported Jongkook. 

 

             “Unnie, what’s wrong with oppa? You can date him.”, Somin teased as the situation going awkward, thought she would reconcile the situation.

 

             “Not you too, Somin-a!”, Jihyo suddenly burst in anger that made all of them shocked. Jihyo realized the situation that he was being too aggressive toward her friends. “Mian. It’s nothing like that. Can we just talk about something else? Why would you guys wanted to pair us, Somin and Sechan too. We are family, right?”.

 

             “Eo, maja.”.

 

             “Maja.”.

 

             “Noona is right.”.

 

             “Keurae.”.

 

             “Family don’t date.”.

 

             ‘Keunyang moegja!”.

 

             “Jal meokgeseubnida!”.

 

             All of them started to eat the stir fried octopus alongside with the other dishes such as ttokboekki, sundae and bulgogi. As the spotlight between Jongkook and Jihyo started to go away, all of them started to chit-chat, talk and laugh like they used to. 

 

             “Did you guys bring alongside your luggage with you earlier?”, Sukjin asked to all of them as they will go back to their home immediately after their dinner gathering due to the semester break will starts tomorrow.

 

             “We did bring earlier, hyung. Did you forget already?”, Jaesuk replied. 

 

             “Already developed earlier disease of Alzheimer, hyung?”, Sechan joked brought laughter to them. Jihyo who is sipping her soju suddenly spewed her soju as she was stupefied by Sechan’s joke. Due to Jihyo’s action, their laughter becoming two times funnier. The soju that spewed from Jihyo’s mouth luckily didn’t exposed to their foods but Jongkook, who sat next to her.

 

             “Oppa, mian.”, Jihyo apologized that she spewed even only a bit on Jongkook’s shoes. She wiped Jongkook’s shoes with tissues but Jongkook’s grabbed her hand and say that it’s nothing to be bother for. It’s just a slight mistake. 

 

             “Neo gwenchana?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo that her black shirt soaked with soju. Jihyo suddenly remember the incident that she wore the white blouse that her black braserrie bra visible. 

 

             “Eo gwenchana. Just a little bit soaked.”, Jihyo replied and wiped her shirt using tissues. Jongkook grabbed Jihyo’s hand again and took the tissues from her hand. He took new tissues and wiped Jihyo’s hand, mouth and shirt. Their friends’ eyes were all on them but they didn’t aware. Their friends didn’t even try to tease and talk due to the incident before. They just mind their own business like nothing happen though all of them keep eye contacting each other. Jihyo doesn’t even flinched when Jongkook wiped his shirt that he barely touched Jihyo’s . “Maybe they are too comfortable? Maybe they are really just sibling-like relationship? But sibling-like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter