The Risk I'm Willing to Take

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After several hours, Jihyo arrived at Incheon International Airport at 12:00 pm. The flight from LA to Seoul took about 13 hours and 15 minutes that she didn’t even felt tired because all she did was worrying about Jongkook all the time. She even prayed to God that hoping Jongkook’s accident is not that bad.

 

 As soon as she received Kwangsoo’s called, she packed her stuffs and booked the earliest flight to Seoul. When she arrived, she didn’t even bothered to put her mask and hat on and a lot of people recognized her. Though she was hiatus for almost 2 years, the entire Korea received no news from her, people are still recognized her especially her fans.

 

“Song Jihyo! Song Jihyo!”, people at the airport recognized her. She bowed slightly with her luggage and looked like a mess. She didn’t even care about her appearances earlier and just wearing a white top crop with short jeans, not to forget she even put her sunglass on to cover at least her puffy eyes. 

 

She went outside of the airport despite the commotion from her fans. She grabbed a taxi and went to the Hwimang Hospital as soon as possible. Jihyo knew that Jongkook was there as she called Kwangsoo earlier. 

 

As soon as Jihyo’s arrived at the hospital, she went to the counter with her luggage. “Where is Kim Jongkook?”, she asked the nurse.

 

The nurse who don’t recognized the woman in front of her started to accuse Jihyo as one of those sasaeng fans. “You can’t be here, miss.”.

 

Jihyo started to piss of by the nurse behavior. She didn’t pissed off not because of the nurse didn’t recognized her, but she was pissed off because she is here to see Jongkook but the nurse accused her as one of the sasaeng fans.

 

Jihyo started to feel annoyed and took of her sunglass. “I’m Song Jihyo.”.

 

The nurse covered and gasped, “Eo, mianhaeyo Jihyo-ssi. I didn’t recognized you earlier since you are in a different haircut.”.

 

“Gwenchanayo, just tell me where is Kim Jongkook.”, she requested.

 

As soon as she received the information, she went to Jongkook’s room and peeked from the outside. All of her friends were there. She was afraid to step in but her heart was so worried of Jongkook. She didn’t have the courage to face her friends yet and just backed out from the room. She slowly closed the door so that no one would noticed.

 

Kwangsoo, who suddenly noticed the door was slightly opened from the outside started to walk to the door. He somewhat recognized a familiar silhouette that he misses so much for the past 2 years. “Noona?”, he called Jihyo. Jihyo quickly closed the door. “Jihyo noona!”, Kwangsoo called her again and made the others shocked. Jihyo’s here?

 

Kwangsoo ran away to get Jihyo while the others followed him from behind. Fortunately, Jihyo didn’t ran away so fast as people were everywhere that made Kwangsoo able to grab her wrist. “Noona!”, Kwangsoo called her again. Jihyo just stood up with her luggage while looking on the ground.

 

Afraid of people looking at them and recognize Jihyo, Jaesuk quickly grabbed Jihyo’s luggage and whispered, “Let’s talk inside. There’s a lot of people here.”.

 

They all went to Jongkook’s room back and Jongkook still unconscious. All eyes are on Jihyo but they all stayed silence. Everyone be playing the silenced game right now. As Jihyo aware no one wants to talk, she pulled away Kwangsoo’s hand from her and went straight to Jongkook.

 

“Oppa.”, Jihyo cried while looking closely at Jongkook. She touched Jongkook’s cheek and apologized. “Oppa, mianhae.”, she cried. “Oppa, wake up. I miss you.”.

 

Sukjin, Jaesuk, Haha, Dongwook, Kwangsoo, Sechan and Somin who just witnessing the scene started to tear up too. They just keep their silenced and just let Jihyo be. They can’t even get mad or scold Jihyo right now, in her condition. She even went straight to the hospital with her luggage from LA showed that Jihyo is really worried about Jongkook. 

 

After a while, Jaesuk approached Jihyo. “Jihyo.”, he called her. Jihyo who held on Jongkook’s hand and just keep looking at him since she arrived, just stay silenced. She didn’t even want to face her friends. She felt bad.

 

“Song Jihyo.”, Jaesuk called her again as he aware that Jihyo is not responding. 

 

“Oppa, mianhae. I can’t face you guys right now. I know you all hate me but just let me be with Jongkook oppa for a while and I will leave soon.”, Jihyo talked without looking at Jaesuk.

 

“Leave? Ddo? You wanted to leave us again, noona?”, Kwangsoo stepped up as he heard Jihyo. He went to Jihyo in anger, “Igeon aniya, noona.”, Kwangsoo touched Jihyo’s shoulder that Jaesuk had to stop him.

 

“What, hyung? Jihyo noona is leaving us again. She went here to see Jongkook hyung only. Not us.”, Kwangsoo made it clear. 

 

“You asked me to come.”, Jihyo answered.

 

“Eo, maja. To see Jongkook hyung. It’s your fault he was here!”, Kwangsoo suddenly accused Jihyo that made the situation almost turned into a fight. 

 

“Kwangsoo-ya.”, Sukjin called him from distance. 

 

“Mwo? It’s true, right? It’s Jihyo noona’s fault.”, Kwangsoo said. 

 

“I shouldn’t trust you, Kwangsoo.”, Jihyo stood up and grabbed her luggage to leave. She is disappointed in Kwangsoo. The one she trusted the most.

 

“Jihyo-ya. Jihyo-ya. Jamkanman.”, Jaesuk stopped her. 

 

“We want to talk to you, Jihyo-ya. Kwangsoo, you get out of here.”, Haha instructed while pointing his finger to Kwangsoo.

 

“Eo, maja. Neo naga.”, Dongwook turned to ask Kwangsoo to get out.

 

“Ani-“, Kwangsoo felt dissatisfied. 

 

“If you want to stay, shut your mouth.”, Haha said again. “Jihyo, jebal. Don’t leave.”, Haha pleaded.

 

Jihyo continued to look on the ground and not even brave to look at them in the eyes. She let go her luggage to stay with them. She think she needs to talk to them too.

 

After sorting the situation and calming Jihyo and Kwangsoo’s down, they sat at the 3-seat couch, 2-seat couch and the single seat couch in the Jongkook’s hospital room. Well, it’s VIP room almost look like and apartment.

 

“Jongkook oppa still unconscious since the accident?”, Jihyo started to ask while looking on the ground. 

 

“Eo, noona.”, Sechan answered in behalf.

 

“What happen to our Miss Mong?”, Jaesuk who always called Jihyo as Miss Mong started to call her Miss Mong again to calm the situation. He noticed that Jihyo is only looking at the ground. She looked like not that Song Jihyo, the ace Jihyo who people called her.

 

“Ya, chin up Jihyo-ya.”, Sukjin tried to make Jihyo feel at ease.

 

“We all are mad at you but we didn’t hate you, Jihyo.”, Haha explained.

 

“Maja, unnie.”, Somin agreed.

 

“Eung.”, Dongwook also agreed.

 

“Mianhae yeudeura.”, Jihyo apologized. “It’s a misunderstanding between Jongkook oppa and me. But I didn’t talked to you guys either. That’s why I felt bad.”, Jihyo explained.

 

“You knew you are wrong, why you did it at first?”, Kwangsoo fired.

 

“Mianhae, Kwangsoo-ya. Noona is at fault. I don’t deserve to be forgiven. It’s wrong of me to tell to you my well-being in secret without knowing that you actually hate me.”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

“Ani, noona. I just mad at you.”, Kwangsoo defended. “I didn’t hate you.”.

 

“Gwenchana, Kwangsoo-ya. You are allow to hate me. You guys too.”, Jihyo said while still looking on the ground.

 

“Unnie…”, Somin clinging to Jihyo. How much she miss this woman and Jihyo’s wondered too, how much she miss this clingy dongsaeng of her. 

 

Jihyo looked at Somin and touched her cheek while Somin linking her arm with Jihyo. “Unnie mianhae, Somin-a.”. 

 

Somin shook her head and continued to hug Jihyo’s arm tighter. “Kajima, unnie.”.

 

Jihyo stayed silence. Is it a good decision for her to start to stay in Seoul again? She wondered.

 

“Kajima, Jihyo.”, Jaesuk persuaded.

 

“We miss you.”, Sukjin convinced.

 

“I forgave you, noona. Keunyang kajima.”, Sechan said.

 

“Kajima, Song Jihyo.”, Dongwook also pleaded.

 

Jihyo felt bad to refuse so she just nodded. She really have to go back to Seoul again. She promised for maximum 2 years to live at LA, and it’s been 2 years already. Jihyo answered formed a smile on her friends’ face, including Kwangsoo. They felt relieved to have Jihyo’s back. “Since when you guys are here?”, Jihyo asked. She is now braved to face them one by one in the eyes.

 

“Last night, noona.”, Sechan answered in behalf.

 

“Shouldn’t you guys go back? I will stay.”, Jihyo suggested. 

 

“Gwenchana, I’ll stay. Jaesuk hyung, Sukjin hyung and Donghoon hyung can go back. You guys have a son each other and a wife. You better take care of your family. If Jongkook hyung woke up, I’ll inform.”, Dongwook offered.

 

Jaesuk, Sukjin and Haha nodded. “Butakiya.”, Jaesuk said.

 

“Dongwook, Kwangsoo, Sechan and Somin, you guys better go back home too. You guys are here since last night, I’ll stay.”, Jihyo requested.

 

“You’re still not change, noona? Why are you bothered taking care of other people without taking care of yourself? You are just back from LA from a 13-hour flight. You should go back home too.”, Kwangsoo said.

 

“Have you inform your family you are here?”, Dongwook asked.

 

Jihyo shook her head. “You better go back home too, Jihyo. Take a nap for a while and meet your family. You can go here again after this.”, Jaesuk convinced.

 

“Hajiman, Jongkook oppa…”, Jihyo tried to find an excuse. She doesn’t want to leave Jongkook. 

 

“You all can go back home. We can look after Jongkook. Thank you for staying with him last night.”, Jongmyeong said while entering the room.

 

Hwaseon and her husband also entered the room. They looked at Jihyo and made Jihyo terrified. “Eomoni... Abeonim…”, Jihyo bowed and her habit to look on the ground while feeling scare came again.

 

Hwaseon went to Jihyo and made Jihyo flinched. She thought that Hwaseon wanted to slap her but instead she hugged her. “I’m glad you are here, Jihyo.”.

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter