Long Lost Puzzle Pieces

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo sat on the white long outdoor chair by the swimming pool of her apartment. She was wearing a white swimsuit with sunglasses and her beach hat. She was stunningly beautiful that everyone looked at her like she was having photoshoots and belongs to the chair. 

 

“Annyeonghaseyo.”, a Korean greeted her. 

 

             Jihyo looked at the owner voice. He was a Korean. “Eo, annyeonghaseyo.”, Jihyo bowed slightly.

 

             “Are you Song Jihyo? That actress who were taking a break?”, he asked while smiling.

 

             Jihyo shook her heads. “Aniyo, you’re mistaken.”.

 

             He tilted his head. “Eo, jinjjayo? But you look so much like her.”, he stated again. Jihyo just smiled and not replied to him. She just took her sit back and leaned on the long outdoor chair while looking at the sky. “By the way, I’m …. Choi Jinhyuk.”, the Korean man held out his hand. 

 

             Jihyo smiled and took his hand to shake. “I’m Cheon Sooyoen.”.

 

             “Sooyeon.”, Jinhyuk nodded and smiled. “Are you alone?”.

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo answered shortly. “I’m just having my short vacation here alone.”, Jihyo stated, as she was feeling comfortable with the man. 

 

             “Arasseoyo, Sooyeon-ssi. I have to go back to my apartment. Well, a vacation with my friends. One of my friends really wanted to go here.”, Jinhyuk giggled. 

 

             “Ne.”, Jihyo smiled and nodded. As Jinhyuk left him, she can’t believe she met a Korean here, in LA. 

 

After tanning herself under the sun that evening, Jihyo went to the gym of the apartment. Though going to the gym reminds her of someone, but going to the gym has become her daily routine too. She wanted to maintain her weight as she was obsessed of taking care of her health and weight, thanks to someone. 

 

She went straightly to the treadmill and spontaneously adjusting the speed and incline as she used to. She grabbed the handrails and placing her feet on the sides of the belt. She attached the safety kill switch to her clothing and hit the ‘Start’ button. 

 

She began her workout with a light 5-minute warm-up. She walked at a slow pace while doing a speed walking workout. She slowly increased her speed to her desired pace and perform her workout. She walked and run with her proper form. She kept her back straight, shoulders broad and eyes looking forward. After that, she pumped her arms smoothly in unison with her legs.

 

After doing for about 2 rounds, Jihyo adjusting her speed to a slow pace. As if she almost done. She walked slowly until it’s stopped. She grabbed her towel and took off from the treadmill. She wiped her sweats and drank a bottle of her drink. Someone approached her from the back that shocked her slightly. “Sooyoen-ssi.”, she looked at him and it was Jinhyuk. 

 

“Jinhyuk-ssi.”, Jihyo greeted with a smile. “Are you working out here too?”.

 

“Ne, Sooyeon-ssi.”, Jinhyuk replied with a smile. 

 

“Jinhyuk-a!”, Jinhyuk’s friend called from a distance in the gym. 

 

“Eo, hyung!”, Jinhyuk answered as his friend went to him. 

 

“What are you doing here?”, his friend asked. He then noticed that Jinhyuk was with someone. He looked at Jihyo and gasped, “Jihyo-ya?”.

 

Jihyo shocked that someone knew her here. Song Jihyo. It’s no surprised if Korean recognized her, just like Jinhyuk did earlier. She thought she just have to deny that she is the actress Song Jihyo. But someone really did called her as Jihyo, with informal speech. She can’t even deny that she is Jihyo since he knew her.

 

“Eo, Jihyo? Aniya, hyung. I thought she is Song Jihyo too earlier. But she’s not.”, Jinhyuk said as he found it amusing that his friend also thought that a Korean stranger he met earlier is Song Jihyo too. 

 

“She really is that Song Jihyo, Jinhyuk-a.”, he claimed.

 

“Mian, I don’t know you are here with my friend too, Jinhyuk-ssi. Emmmm, I’m really that Song Jihyo. Mianhaeyo, Jinhyuk-ssi. I don’t want people to recognize me but I met a Korean here so no wondered you recognized me. Again, mianhaeyo Jinhyuk-ssi.”, Jihyo felt guilty. She kept apologizing and bowed slightly to Jinhyuk.

 

Jinhyuk shook his head and waving both of his hands. “Eo, aniyo. Aniyo. Gwenchanayo, Sooyeon-ssi, ani… Jihyo-ssi. You must have your reason.”.

 

Jihyo smiled in relieved that Jinhyuk didn’t offended by her earlier. 

 

“By the way, do you know each other, hyung?”, Jinhyuk asked his friend.

 

“She’s my ex-girlfriend.”, he stated. 

 

 

Jihoon. Ju Jihoon. Jihyo can’t believe, out of all people in LA, she bumped into her ex-boyfriend. She even invited Jihoon to her apartment as he insisted to talk to Jihyo. If Jihyo refused it, he just can ask Jinhyuk, his friend earlier, to invite Jihyo to come to their apartment. Jihyo is not comfortable to meet Jihoon’s friends at their apartment. There must be all man and she is not that brave to be in one apartment with a lot of man. She is not that wild. 

 

             Jihoon took a seat at Jihyo’s couch and looked around. “I heard the news months ago. And you are here?”.

 

             Jihyo served Jihoon orange juice from her fridge then she gave it to Jihoon. “Orange juice. You still remember, huh?”, Jihoon said after sipping her orange juice. He is touched that Jihyo still remember her favorite drink. Orange juice. He putted down her glass on the table and focused to Jihyo who sat next to him. 

 

             “What are you doing here instead of acting? Why suddenly taking a break?”. Jihoon asked.

 

             “I believe it’s none of your concern.”, Jihyo looked at him straight in the eyes.

 

             “I know. But I just wanted to know.”.

 

             “Just wanted to sorts my feeling and mind.”.

 

             “That’s explained your other news that you fainted after wrapping your drama, right?”.

 

             Jihyo ignored his question that he probably knew the answered. She asked, “what do you want to talk about?”.

 

             “Are you breaking up with Jongkook?”, Jihoon asked as he moved closer to Jihyo.

 

             Jihyo didn’t flinch, instead she still looked at Jihoon. After few years, he still have that handsome face of him. But unfortunately, he was a trash. Jihoon aware that Jihyo has been staring at him from eyes, nose and lips. He also noticed Jihyo’s new haircut make her more alluring. He moved closer to Jihyo and touched her cheeks. She’s still stunningly beautiful and pretty though many years has passed. Jihyo still didn’t flinch, her mind was somewhere. She thought of Jongkook as Jihoon mentioned him earlier. Jihoon pulled Jihyo closer to him and claimed her lips. To his surprised, Jihyo kissed back. Hungrily.

 

             The kiss became too hot that Jihyo realized that he was kissing Jihoon. She pulled Jihoon away and stood up. “What are you doing?!”.

 

             Jihoon tilted his head while looking at the flustered Jihyo. “I thought you were kissing me back earlier?”. 

 

             Jihyo flinched and blinked her eyes numerously as a gesture that she was flustered. “It’s a mistake.”.

 

             “Don’t tell me you thought I was Jongkook?”, Jihoon flared and stood up to face Jihyo.

 

             Jihyo ignored. Her answered was probably a ‘yes’ but she rather to keep silenced than to fight with Jihoon. She is there to sort her feelings and mind, not to find another problem.

 

             “Arasseo. Mianhae, for suddenly kissing you.”, Jihoon apologized.

 

             “You still have some feelings for me?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Gain was a mistake.”, Jihoon defended. 

 

             Jihyo scoffed. “You cheated on me with Gain and claimed that she is your mistake? Are you the same with Eunhye? Eunhye cheated on Jongkook oppa and told me that I’m the problem?!”, Jihyo fired.

 

             “Did Eunhye talked to you?”, Jihoon asked in disbelief. “So she told you everything?”.

 

             Jihyo felt like she got betrayed for the second time. “Did you also… knew about it?”. Jihoon didn’t answered and Jihyo assumed that Jihoon and Eunhye probably planning all of this. “How come you and Eunhye did this to me?!”, Jihyo flared and hit Jihoon in his chest strongly several times. Jihoon just stood up and let Jihyo hit him. After few seconds, Jihyo wailed and he got to stop Jihyo. He grabbed Jihyo’s hand and hugged her. Jihyo didn’t even pulled him away and just cried in his chest. 

 

 

Jongkook ate his last bit of chicken teriyaki sandwich from Subway. He just finished shooting his Mom’s Diary and now having his lunch at the shooting scene. Someone approached him and took a sit at his table. “Oppa.”, Jinyoung greeted. 

 

             “Eo, Jinyoung-a.”, Jongkook greeted back.

 

             “I heard your new song. Thinking of You.”, Jinyoung said with a smile.

 

            “Gomawoyo.”, Jongkook thanked and replied her smile back too. He is grateful that his colleague is one of his listeners too. 

 

             “Oppa, gwenchana?”.

 

             “Eo? Gwenchana keureom.”, Jongkook answered while wiping his mouth with a tissue.

 

             “Hajiman, your song. Seems like it’s dedicated to someone. You miss your ex? You still can’t move on with your ex? Or do you have a girlfriend and misses her so much?”, Jinyoung predicted. Is she a psychic, Jongkook thought. 

 

             “Mwoya? It’s nothing like that.”, Jongkook covered. He looked at his watch and excused himself. “I have to go, Jinyoung. See you on the next shooting.”, he told. Jinyoung just replied with a nodded and smile. 

 

...

 

Jihyo woke up and realized that she was in her bed. She believed that she was with Jihoon earlier, where is he? Jihyo asked to herself. She got up from the bed and went to the kitchen to drink water. As she opened her fridge, she realized there was a note stuck on her fridge. “Jihyo, this is my phone number. I believe you changed your number as I tried to call you before in Seoul. Call me if anything happen. I also have something to tell you regarding Eunhye and Jongkook relationship. From, Jihoon”. 

 

             Jihyo tilted her head. She looked at the sticky note Jihoon left to her and wondered what else she didn’t discover yet? A truth from Eunhye has made her miserable. What else can she hear from Jihoon now? 

 

             She decided to ignore it for a while. Her main goal was to clear her mind here though she saved Jihoon’s number in her contact. She sat down after sipping her drink and took her phone. She searched for ‘Kim Jongkook’ and his breaking news shocked her. ‘Breaking News: Kim Jongkook, a star who just released Thinking of You song suspected to date his love line, Hong Jinyoung.’. 

 

             She gasped. She tried to ignore it but why the hell did she looked up ‘Kim Jongkook’. She sighed and switched off her phone. “So it’s real, oppa?”, Jihyo monologued. Her tears escaped from her eyes.

 

 

“What is this hyung?”, Kwangsoo asked Jongkook upon reading his news with Jinyoung.

 

             “You both are really together, Kookjong-ie?”, Jaesuk asked.

 

             “How come you? How about… Jihyo?”, Dongwook asked. Feeling betrayed.

 

             “I can’t believe you has forgotten Jihyo unnie.”, Somin said in despair. She was afraid to mention Jihyo’s name but she can’t even betrayed her favorite unnie though she left her.

 

             “It’s nothing like that!”, Jongkook enraged. He knocked the table with his fist and stood up. “It’s just a rumor. You all of people would know that this is only rumors!”.

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter