Stranger with Memories

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Various kind of breads at the Running Bakery made Somin’s eyes bewildered. From small to big size of breads with plenty of flavors such as chocolate, cheese, butter and many more. Zebra Bread caught Somin’s eyes in amazement. The unique Zebra Bread with a size of big than her palm with a stripes of black and brown made Somin’s expression turned from neutral to happy expression that her lip corners raised diagonally. “I want one of this Zebra Bread juseyo.”, Somin said to the staff with her sweet smile. 

 

             “Two, juseyo.”, Sechan said who surprised Somin from behind. He touched Somin’s shoulder slightly as a gesture to tell Somin that he came across to her. Somin turned her head to look at the one who gave her a slightest heart attack from her back. 

 

“Sechan-a.”, Somin said as she surprised that it was Sechan. 

 

“Eo Somin-a. Can’t believe I meet you here.”, Sechan chuckled as he showed his gum and teeth. 

 

“What are you doing here?”, Somin asked.

 

“Na? Of course I came to eat bread. What else?”, Sechan answered innocently.

 

“Your Zebra Bread is ready, haksaeng.”, the staff said who prepared two Zebra Bread for Somin and Sechan. 

 

Sechan looked at the coffee menu that was place on top of the cafe counter. He ordered Ice Americano for himself and Ice Vanilla Latte for Somin. “I will pay you later”, said Somin as she is on her way bringing the two Zebra Bread in the tray to the empty table. Few minutes later, Sechan brought the Ice Americano and Ice Vanilla Latte for Somin and him to the table. “How much is it?”, Somin asked.

 

“Free-of-charge.”, Sechan answered with a smile.

 

“Ya, I didn’t ask you to pay for my food and drink.”.

 

“Eo, you didn’t ask me to pay for it but I’m willingly to pay. Can I?”.

 

“Are you replacing Jaesuk oppa? Gomawo Sechan-a.”.

 

Sechan smile as Somin . 

 

“Where are you from, Sechan-a?”, Somin asked as she took a bite of her Zebra Bread. 

 

“I’m from the gym. Jongkook hyung asked me to at least work-out twice a week if I want to improve my soccer skills. I don’t know how it relates but I just agreed with him.”, Sechan chuckled as he also took a bite of his bread. 

 

“Aaaa, it’s just Jongkook oppa wanted you to stay healthy. Just go for it.”, Somin giggled. “Eo, by the way, do you remember that night? Your friendly match?”.

 

“Eo, wae?”.

 

“Did Jihyo unnie and Jongkook oppa made up? I haven’t seen unnie for a while as I was too busy lately for my preparation of proposal.”.

 

“Eo, they did made up. On that night too.”.

 

“Good then. But…. I’m just curious about one thing.”.

 

“What is it?”.

 

“Why did Jongkook oppa become sensitive whenever he saw Eunhye unnie or heard her name? I know they dated before but I don’t know why they broke up.”.

 

“Eo. Emmm. Eunhye noona cheated on him.”.

 

“Jinjja? What’s wrong with Jongkook oppa? He is a great boyfriend. Ani…. Jihyo unnie ddo. Jihoon sunbae cheated on her. Jihyo unnie gave her all for Jihoon sunbae. But at least we knew why Jihoon sunbae cheated on her. Jihoon sunbae is such a playboy. Pfft. Hajiman…. Ani… wae? Wae Eunhye unnie cheated on Jongkook oppa?”.

 

“Emmm. Nado molla. I just know that part.”.

 

“Aigoo.”.

 

“Eo. Jongkook hyung ddo molla!”.

 

“Jinjja?!”.

 

 

It was a bright and sunny day outside through Jihyo’s window as she was lying down on the bed. The sun shone brilliantly in the clear blue sky. The weather is fine that there are no signs it will soon raining. Jihyo just lied down comfortably on her warm bed. It’s Wednesday and she doesn’t have any class on every Wednesday. The only day that she can rest comfortably without worries is Wednesday. “Yes, it’s Wednesday! No worries day!”, Jihyo said happily as she squirmed to the left and right. As soon as she realized that she may jinx it, she slapped . “Andwae Jihyo-ya! You might jinx it.”.

 

             Few seconds after, her phone rang and she sighed because she thought she had jinx his precious rest day. She took her phone on the study table beside her and it was ‘Dongwookie’ on her phone screen. “Told ya, Jihyo!”, Jihyo sighed. 

 

             “Eo, wae Dongwook-a?”.

 

             “Jihyo-ya? You just woke up?”.

 

             “Eo. Wae?”.

 

             “I see. That’s why you didn’t read our group chats.”.

 

             “Wae? Did something wrong with our proposal?”.

 

             “Eo. You have to take a look at it. There are some errors.”.

 

             “Arasseo. I will check it after this.”.

 

             “You can’t do the checking alone, Jihyo-ya. There a lot of errors.”.

 

             “Eo, jinjja? Then we should meet after this.”.

 

             “Eo… I already told Eunhye and Jihoon in our group chats. It happened that Eunhye and I both are not here. So, if you don’t mind, can you meet with Jihoon at student lounge?”.

 

             “Ya! Neo michyeosseo?”. Jihyo sat on the bed as she heard Dongwook suggestion.

 

             “Ani. What can I do? We have to submit our draft proposal tomorrow to Prof. Dokwon. And… Jihoon can’t probably do it alone. Right, Jihyo-ya?”, Dongwook chose his words carefully to not make Jihyo more irritated. 

 

             “Arasseo”, Jihyo answered sorrowly. 

 

             “I will make it up for you. Do you want anything? Do you want foods? I will buy it for you later.”.

 

             “Ani gwenchana. Next time.”.

 

             “Eo. Arasseo Jihyo-ya. I got to go.”.

 

             “Eo. Keunhda.”. 

 

Jihyo ended the phone call with a long sighed. She realized again that she have to meet alone with Jihoon. Just the two of them alone. Alone. “This is all your fault, Song Jihyo. This is because you jinx it earlier. You probably didn’t only jinx it. You also brought yourself unlucky on your lucky day. Why do I have to meet my ex-boyfriend on my rest day? Aigoo. My precious rest day.”, Jihyo said while slapping for numerous times. She continued again, “It’s okay Jihyo. For the sake of assignments. You probably wants an A in your hands, right?”. Jihyo motivated herself as she took a breath in and out for three times. She then stood up and grabbed her towel to go for a shower before the meeting. 

 

 

Jihyo entered the student lounge with heavy steps. She was wearing a white blouse with a long blue denim jeans and white shoes along with her ponytail hairs tied up. Her eyes looking around in the student lounge to find Jihoon. Her eyes stopped at a fine looking male student with dark blue denim jacket who raised his hand up as a gesture to tell Jihyo that he was waiting for her. He chose the table at the very end to avoid other students to look at them as they were known as ‘Princess Hours couple’ a long ago. Jihyo went to Jihoon stiffly. She took a seat next to Jihoon and immediately put her bag on the chair. She took her laptop from the bag and put it on the table. As she switching on her laptop, she opened their proposal straight away. “Let’s get this done quickly.”, Jihyo said coldly. 

 

             “We can’t do it quickly. Some errors might occur in other part as we do it hurrily.”, Jihoon said to annoy Jihyo. He knows that Jihyo is unpleasantly wanted to do it with him but he also didn’t have other alternatives. He looked at Jihyo with his dissatisfied expression. 

 

             “Just let it done.”, Jihyo answered shortly before it become into a fight. “I will do the first part and you fix the other part. Give me about 30 minutes.”. Jihoon didn’t answered her as he just comply with her. Both of them looking at the screen laptop to look for other errors that they might miss. Jihoon and Jihyo unaware that their faces were close to each other as they only concentrated on looking for errors. Jihoon concentration disturbed as he realized that Jihyo’s cheeks slightly touched on his cheeks. He immediately moves his face and he looked at Jihyo. Fortunately, Jihyo didn’t noticed that their cheeks touches as she was too focused. 

 

             Jihoon stealing glances as he looked at Jihyo. She is still beauty and attractive since the first semester. No wonder he fell in love with her. Her side profile is not a joke, plus her charming big brown doe eyes, dazzling pointed nose, chubby cheeks, wide forehead with his elegantly tied up ponytail hair and that alluring pink lips. He can’t believe that he cheated on her. The prettiest human being at Running University. 

 

             A cute little steps went to Jihoon as she wants to surprise her boyfriend who were too focused on his phone without realizing that his girlfriend came. “Jihoon-a!”, Jihyo surprised. 

 

             “Eo, Jihyo-ya.”, Jihoon was shocked that his phone fell on the table. He took his phone for a second late that Jihyo grabbed it faster than him. 

 

             Jihyo smiled and took a looked at Jihoon’s phone but she can’t even see anything as Jihoon snatched it from her. “Who are you messaging that you didn’t even noticed that I’m here? Do you have other girlfriend than me?”. Jihyo but he was too speechless to say anything as if he was caught by his girlfriend that he is cheating. “Jinjja ya?”, Jihyo asked again to Jihoon as he doesn’t answer her. 

 

             “Eyyy mwoya?”, Jihoon said. “It was my dad.”, Jihoon lied. He changed the topic as he doesn’t want to talk about cheating again. He also afraid that he might get caught cheating from his girlfriend. “Eo, what did you brought this time?”.

 

             “Kimbap. You said you wanted to eat kimbap yesterday so I made it this morning. Try it.”, Jihyo said happily. She always gave her all to the person she loves, especially her boyfriend. Jihoon suddenly felt guilty to his girlfriend who always put efforts in their relationship. He sighed and ate Jihyo’s one piece of kimbap. Jihyo can’t take her eyes off from her boyfriend that made Jihoon felt more apologetic. 

 

             “Massisseo?”, Jihyo asked as she smile from ear to ear. 

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo answered shortly while looking at the kimbap. He gathered his thoughts and told Jihyo to excuse himself. “I feel unwell, Jihyo-ya. I want to go back to my room.”

 

             “Eo, keurae. Are you unwell?”.

 

             “It’s not serious. Just a slightest headache. It will be better as I take medicine after this.”.

 

             “Do you still have your medicine?”.

 

             “Eo. Koekjoeng hajima.”. 

 

Jihoon stood up, grabbed his backpack and leaves Jihyo alone at the table with her kimbap. Jihyo was too flustered with his action but she just thought that Jihoon is really unwell.

 

 

“I made kimbap for Jihoon this morning, oppa!”, Jihyo said excitedly to Jongkook as they walked side by side at the stadium track. Jihyo was always looked like a little kid whenever she is excited.

 

             “Jinjja? Massisseo? As far as I know, you are bad at cooking.”, Jongkook teased. 

 

             “Ya! Anigodeun.”, Jihyo grunted while gritting her teeth. 

 

             “Did you just made it for your boyfriend? How about me?”, Jongkook sulked.

 

             “I brought it. You can eat it later, oppa.”, Jihyo said excited again as she showed a plastic with a pink container that probably filled with kimbap inside to Jongkook. 

 

             “Eo, you totally won’t forget to give me then.”, Jongkook smiled. “

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter