Encounter

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The alarm has been ringing for 5 times as she snoozed it for every 10 minutes. The alarm was set on 7:00 am and it’s been ringing and snoozing for 5 times so it’s 7:50 am now. Jihyo’s woke up with her messy hair and blank face. The pillow was so fluffy, the blanket was so warm and the bed was so comfortable. As she thought it’s only past 10 minutes and the alarm snooze for one time, she squirmed comfortably and moving her body to the left and right as a morning work-out. 

 

As she has been doing the morning work-out, she stole a glance at her clock. “What?!!!!!!!! It’s 7:55 am? What am I doing here on my bed? I thought it’s 7:10 am? Gosh I’m late! 5 minutes for my first class to begin”, shocked and panicked Jihyo talked to herself. 

 

Jihyo’s rushing to the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She barely taking care of her face and appearance as she grabbed anything in front of her eyes. She grabbed her white hoodie on her study chair, a white cap on her study table and also her tote bag filled with her study materials and stationary. She barely putting her feet on her white shoes and rushed to her class without wearing socks.

 

Without having breakfast, taking care of her appearance and skipping her skin-care routine, Jihyo’s running to her class with a speed of light. For about 8 minutes, she arrived at her class on 8:07 am but her lecturer has started to teach in their class. “I am 7 minutes damn late! Keep calm Jihyo. You can do this. Fighting!”, she motivated herself in front of the door class before she entered the class.

 

“Ohhh, who is this brave student who is coming late for 7 minutes to the class for her first class?”, sarcastically Prof. Dokwon said in the class with his serious face looking at Jihyo. Jihyo was so terrified but immediately apologized to her lecturer. 

 

“I’m sorry sonsaengnim for coming late on my first class today. I thought I woke up earlier in the morning just now… I snoozed my alarm for every 10 minutes… and… and… I thought I snoozed it for one time only so it’s should be 7:10 am but it’s turn out I have been snoozed it for 5 times… and… I-”, Jihyo’s stuttered. 

 

Prof. Dokwon immediately cut her off, “No more excuses and I don’t want to hear more. You should be alert and responsible to yourself. You are a senior and this is your last semester. Act like one please!”. 

 

Jihyo’s eyes shaking to the left and right. All eyes were on her and she immediately answered her lecturer’s scolding, “Ne seonsaengnim. Joesonghamnida”. 

 

She took her seat beside Dongwook as Dongwook signaled her to sit with him. Dongwook looked in front as Prof. Do Kwon wrote something on the whiteboard and said, “Jalhaesseo Jihyo-ya. Late on your first class”. Jihyo was so upset and not in a good mood as bad thing happened on her first class in the morning. She doesn’t answer Dongwook’s sarcastic words to her and just keeping shut. 

 

For about 2 minutes silencing herself, she scold Dongwook with her fierce eyes. “Ya Lee Dongwook! Why are you not waking me up? I told you to call me if I’m still asleep. Is this what friend for?”, Jihyo asked fiercely to Dongwook. 

 

Dongwook who eyes focused on the white board turned to face toward Jihyo and answered, “I’ve been calling you for 13 times but you won’t answer. What should I do then?”. Jihyo doesn’t believe Dongwook and she took her phone out from her pocket to check if there’s a missed call from Dongwook. Unfortunately, her phone won’t turn on as it’s running out of battery. Dongwook’s smirked as she looked at Jihyo’s shocked face. Jihyo’s turned to face Dongwook with her unsatisfied face but she barely can’t do anything as it was her fault. 

 

 

“Okay class. That’s it for today. Look for your groupmates as soon as possible for this assignment. 4 persons a group is enough. Thanks. See you on next class”, Prof. Dokwon instructed to his students. He grabbed his suitcase and leave the class immediately. 

 

             “Arghhh, what a good-first-class for today”, Jihyo sighed as soon as Prof. Dokwon leave the class. 

 

Dongwook packed his book and pencil box in his bag while asking Jihyo, “what are you doing last night that you came so late to our first class today?”. 

 

Jihyo’s sighed again and answered, “Nothing. I just can’t sleep last night. I don’t know what time I slept”. 

 

Dongwook looked at Jihyo’s face with his right hand place on his face, “Gwenchana? Don’t tell me you took your sleeping pills again?”. 

 

Before Dongwook nagged her more, she immediately answered, “Ani Dongwook-a. I didn’t take sleeping pills again. Maybe I was too anxious for this new semester last night so that’s why I can’t sleep”. 

 

             Jihyo stood up and took her bag to leave the class. Dongwook followed her from behind and asked her, “If you are not okay. Just tell me. Did something bother you, Jihyo-ya?”. 

 

Jihyo opened the door and walked out of her class and answered, “Ani Dongwook-a. Na gwenchana. Don’t bother. If something happen I will probably come to you first. Koekjoeng hajima”, Jihyo said to assure Dongwook.

 

“Good then”, Dongwook answered shortly. 

 

 

             The cafeteria was filled with a lot of students as it was lunchtime. Jihyo and Dongwook took their seat in the middle of cafeteria as it was the only one that is empty. “Aaa tonkatsu da! Joehayooooongggg~”, Jihyo said happily while staring at her tonkatsu. 

 

Dongwook laughed at Jihyo’s expression. He always knew that Jihyo’s favourite food is tonkatsu so he decided to tease Jihyo, “Ya Jihyo-ya. I thought you were having a bad day and not in a good mood this morning, how come you smile from ear to ear as soon as you see tonkatsu? Neo jinjja Jihyo majayeo?”. Jihyo was slightly annoyed with Dongwook’s teased because she remembered of what happened to her this morning. 

 

“Dongwook-a, past is past. We have to look forward. Keunyang moegoe. Na baegeuppa. Moegja!”, Jihyo said as she took one of her tonkatsu meat and put in using chopsticks. 

 

             As both of them having their lunch, suddenly two male students taking seats with them at their table. Jihyo and Dongwook looked at the two male students who sat beside them. One of the male students with big-build body who obviously going to the gym every day and one of them was a short male student wearing a big squared black spectacle. It was Jongkook and Haha.

 

             “Oppa!”, Jihyo screamed happily as she recognized it was her Jongkook oppa and Haha oppa. 

 

“Eo Jihyo-ya, Dongwook-a”, Jongkook greeted to the two of them who happily saw their faces. 

 

Haha took a sat next to Dongwook and also greeted them, “Ya Jihyo-ya, Dongwook-a. Oraenmaniya. What both of you been doing for the last semester break?”. 

 

Before Jihyo answered her oppa question, Dongwook answered, “Na? Nothing much. I just helped my parents at the restaurant. It’s getting busy and busier these days”. 

 

Haha looked at Dongwook’s face with his mouth full with foods and replied, “Waaaa. That’s good to hear Dongwook”. 

 

             Jihyo annoyed at Haha as he talked with his mouth full with foods. “Haha oppa, can you please swallow your food first before you talk?”, asked Jihyo. 

 

Haha ignored Jihyo’s advice and keep talking with his mouth full with foods, “Ani Jihyo-ya, my time to swallow, eat and talk are way too precious. Why I have to do it one by one if I can do it 3 in 1?”. 

 

Jihyo rolled her eyes and took her precious last meat of tonkatsu to . She doesn’t realize that is smeared with the tonkatsu sauce and Jongkook immediately wiped Jihyo’s mouth with tissue. Jihyo looked at Jongkook’s hand holding the tissue with the tonkatsu sauce from and innocently asked, “Wae oppa? My mouth is dirty?”. 

 

“Aigoo, when will you grow up Jihyo-ya? Should the three of us keep taking care of you?”, Jongkook teased happily. 

 

Haha strongly denied as he heard Jongkook’s said that they’ve been taking care of Jihyo, “Na aniya hyung. It’s that you and Dongwook been taking care of Jihyo. Oh and that tall man too, Kwangsoo. This is why you guys don’t have a girlfriend. Dongwook and you, hyung. At least that tall man has Sunbin. Aigoo”. 

 

Jongkook and Dongwook just smiled and smirked upon hearing Haha’s truth fact. 

 

             “Eo Jihyo-ya. What are you doing the last semester break? You didn’t answer yet.”, Jongkook asked as he waited Jihyo to answer their question. 

 

Jihyo placed the metal glass on her empty plate as she is done drinking her water and answered Haha and Jongkook’s question, “Na? Just sleep at home”. 

 

Haha sighed and put his chopsticks down as soon as he heard Jihyo’s answer while Dongwook and Jongkook laughed on Jihyo’s answer. “Yeokshi, uri Jihyo. Always sleeping”, Jongkook said while patting Jihyo’s head. Jihyo just smiled in front of her three precious friends.

 

 

The forth of them were taking a walk at Running Lake. Running Lake is where they went to take fresh air and gathering sometimes. It was 2:00 pm in the afternoon and they silently taking a seat next to each other at the Running Lake and lying on the grass in front of the lake. 

 

             A cool breeze touched Jihyo’s cheek and neck. It’s a cool breeze on a hot summer day. White, fluffly clouds drifted across the sky. The flower and leaves moved as if it’s caught in the breeze. A strong gust of wind blew against Jihyo’s face. As Jihyo’s was drifting in cool breeze fresh air, she suddenly felt pain on her left feet. “Ahhh!”, Jihyo screamed while taking off her shoes and touching her left feet with blisters. 

 

             The three of them shocked and immediately sat to look at Jihyo. “Wae Jihyo-ya?”, Dongwook asked nervously. 

 

“My feet… neomu appeo. I got blisters since I didn’t wear socks”, Jihyo answered sadly with his forehead wrinkled to her eyes. 

 

Jongkook touched Jihyo’s left feet and took a look closely. He was worried, same goes to Dongwook and Haha. Haha offered himself to go to the pharmacy to buy plasters and medication for Jihyo. Actually it was Haha’s way to part away from them as he knows Jongkook will scold Jihyo.

 

             Jongkook turned to Jihyo’s face with hostile glare. “Why are you not wearing your socks Jihyo-ya? You know you will get blisters if you don’t wear your socks. It’s a painful swelling on your skin. Can’t you take care of yourself properly, Jihyo-ya?”, Jongkook nagged with his eyelids squinted and his lips curl inwards. 

 

“I-”, Jihyo doesn’t finished her sentence as Dongwook cut her. 

 

“I forgot to tell you, hyung. She was late today for her first class. Late 7 minutes and she was scolded by our lecturer. Reasons are she sleep late at night, she thought her alarm only rang one time when she has been snoozed for 5 times and-”, this time Jihyo’s interrupted his talked. 

 

“It’s not I intentionally to come late, oppa”, she found himself in the depths of misery. 

 

Jongkook and Dongwook keeping quiet as both of them started to feel guilty to Jihyo. It’s not that they wanted to scold her, but it’s the act of ‘overconcern’ among them. The awkward silence continues a bit as Jongkook crossing his arms, Dongwook shifting glance around and Jihyo touching her left feet. 

 

The awkward silence break as Haha’s came with the plasters and medication from the pharmacy to Jihyo. “Thank you, oppa”, Jihyo said to Haha. 

 

“Apply it immediately, Jihyo-ya”, Haha said. 

 

Jongkook took the plastics from Haha and treated Jihyo’s left feet straight away. The awkward silence is still going on and that put Haha in the dark though he expected. 

 

“Did something happen? Why are you guys being awkwardly silence?”, once again Haha break the awkward silence. The three of them still keep their mouth shut. 

 

Haha turned to Dongwook as he expected something, “Dongwook-a, did hyung scold Jihyo?”. 

 

Dongwook looked at Haha and slightly nodded his head with his straight mouth. Before Haha get to open his mouth, Jongkook instantly talked, “she deserves to get some scolding Donghoon-a”. Jihyo just keep shout as she only put on her ears while Jongkook treated her wound. 

 

As Haha had a chance to talk, he straight away asked Jihyo, “what did you do this time, Jihyo-ya?”. 

 

Jihyo raise her head a bit to look at Haha and she instantly answered, “I just came to class late this morning, oppa. The reason of my feet got blisters is I forgot to wear socks as I was rushing to the class this morning. I bet that’s when I got blisters”. 

 

Haha sighed and answered, “no wonder”. 

 

 

As they want to go to their own dorm, they stopped at in front of Jihyo’s dorm to part away. Suddenly Jongkook’s phone ringing and it was Kwangsoo. “Let me answer this for a while”, tell Jongkook to them. Dongwook, Jihyo and Haha just nodded. 

 

             “Wae Kwangsoo-ya?”, Jongkook asked as soon as as he answer Kwangsoo’s call

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter