Companionship Flame

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 “Are you guys ready for the Faculty Festival Day next week. haksaeungdeul? I hope most of you will participate in competitions, exhibitions and other activities. Some of your merit and marks will be gather from your participation in our festival day.”, Prof. Seungsoo explained to his students. 

 

             “Participating in handling the festival will be counted or not, sonsaengnim?”, Hyojoo asked as she raised her hand up. 

 

             “Eo, participating in handling the festival day will be counted as the success of the festival day on next week will depends on you.”, Prof. Seungsoo answered. 

 

             Hyojoo nodded her hands as she heard Prof. Seungsoo explanations. 

 

             “Any question again regarding the assignment or festival day before I go?”, asked Prof. Seungsoo to the students. 

 

             Moment later, Kimbum raised his hand. “Chaegayo! Chaegayo songsaenim!”. 

 

             “Eo. What is it?”, Prof. Seungsoo asked as he looked at Kimbum direction.

 

             “Participating as audience will be counted too, sonsaengnim?”, Kimbum asked playfully. 

 

             “Then you won’t be graduated this year.”, Prof. Seungsoo answered innocently. 

 

             Due to Prof Seungsoo answered brought laughter in the class. Kimbum smiled cheekily and smirked while scratching his not-itchy head. “It’s okay, sonsaengnim. I will be graduated next year. You know, I repeat this semester as I failed your subject last semester.”, Kimbum said shyly. Upon hearing Kimbum answered, Prof. Seungsoo shook his head. 

 

             “Okay class. If there’s no more question then that’s it for today’s class. See you next week.”, Prof. Seungsoo said as he bid goodbye. 

 

             “No class next week, sonsaengnim!”, Kimbum answered playfully while standing up.

 

             Prof. Seungsoo stopped after hearing Kimbum and turned his head to his students and said, “I mean, see you next week on festival day. Make sure to participate.”.

 

             “Ne!!!”, answered his students in unison. 

 

             “Aigoo, Kimbum kkeu saekki.”, Dongwook said while shaking his head.

 

             “Wae? He’s adorable?”, Jihyo chuckled.

 

             Dongwook looked at Jihyo with mouth and eyes wide opened. “Neo jinjja?”.

 

             Jihyo chuckled as she kept her book in her bag. She took her mini mirror from her bag and checking up her face. That one little cutie pimple who appear on her nose keep bothering her. “Mwoya? All of places you wants to appear, why my precious nose? Huh?”, Jihyo talked as he touched the pimple on her nose. 

 

             “Appeo?”, Dongwook asked. 

 

             “Ani.”. 

 

             Kimbum took a chair and sat in front of Jihyo while smiling cheekily at Jihyo. “Will you participate, noona?”. Kimbum put his chin in front of Jihyo’s table that Jihyo shocked by his sudden appeareance.

 

             “Eo? Na? Molla. I don’t know which one is suit for me.”, Jihyo said to Kimbum after she put down her mirror. “Should I participate in singing competition then?”, asked Jihyo while putting her index finger on her chin and her eyes looking up as she is thinking that participating in singing as consideration.

 

             “Andwae!”, Dongwook and Kimbum said in unison.

 

             Jihyo glared at both of them but felt confidence that she can do better in singing too. “Keureom neo neun?” Jihyo asked to Kimbum. 

 

             “Na malhaejanayo noona. I’ll be participating as audience only.”, Kimbum chuckled. 

 

             “Noneun?”, Jihyo asked to Dongwook while looking at him.

 

             “Na? Dancing.”, Dongwook answered shyly. 

 

             “Jinjja? Nugurang?”, Jihyo asked in shocked.

 

             “Ooooo hyung!!”, Kimbum mocked Dongwook. 

 

             “Eyyy Kwangsoo. He forced me.”. 

 

             Jihyo laughed until her belly is about to pop up. Kimbum also laughed out loud as he found it was a strange duo that Dongwook will be participating in dancing with Kwangsoo. 

 

             “Perfect duo.”, Jihyo mocked while laughing. 

 

             “Ya neo. Keumanhae”, Dongwook said who started to annoy. 

 

             “Arasseo arasseo.”, Jihyo giggled with hand cover . 

 

             “What song then, hyung?”, Kimbum asked. 

 

             “Heart beat by 2PM.”, Dongwook answered shyly. 

 

             Jihyo and Kimbum burst out as they heard Dongwook answer. Kwangsoo who sat with Sunbin in front of them immediately turned his head to look at Jihyo, Dongwook and Kimbum. 

 

             “Ya, what is so funny? You guys are being too loud.”, Kwangsoo screamed. 

 

             “Eo, Kwangsoo hyung. Will you be participating the festival day in dancing the Heart Beat by 2PM with Dongwook hyung?”, Kimbum asked with laughter. 

 

             Kwangsoo stood up and answered confidently, “Eo, maja. Do you want to see some teaser? Let me show you.”.

 

             “Show it to us, hyung. Show it.”, Kimbum cheered. 

 

             Kwangsoo took his position and begin to dance the highlight part of the Heart Beat dance. He was dancing confidently that he looked so adorable in front of Sunbin. Sunbin smiled with her lovely eyes and their classmates keep cheering on Kwangsoo and hoping that Kwangsoo and Dongwook win the dancing competition. “Palli wa, Dongwook hyung. You should show what we had practiced for the past 2 weeks.”, Kwangsoo called. 

 

             “Aaaa dwaesseo.”, Dongwook answered shyly. He keep signaling Kwangsoo with his index finger on his mouth as a gesture to keep him quiet. 

 

             “Show us a bit, Dongwook-a.”, Jihyo encouraged him as she tapped Dongwook’s shoulder. 

 

             “Arghh molla.”, Dongwook said in annoyance. Though he is annoyed and too shy to show it, but his classmates keep cheering on him to show some of his dance. 

 

             “Aaaa palli wa, Dongwook-a. Our friends are waiting.”, Jihyo encouraged him again with her hand keep tapping on Dongwook’s shoulder.

 

             Dongwook brushed off Jihyo’s hand from his shoulder. “Arghh molla.”. Dongwook stood up and join Kwangsoo to show his dance as his classmates keep cheering on him. Moments later, Kwangsoo and Dongwook showed their Heart Beat dance in front of their classmates and their classmates cheered on them. As the ‘teaser’ is done by Kwangsoo and Dongwook, Eunhye suddenly interrupted. 

 

             “Guys, I have something to tell. My birthday is on this Saturday. I invited you all to come to my house. Emmm, should I say that it’s a party before our festival next week?”, Eunhye said to her classmates. 

 

             Their classmates keep on cheering as a lot of good things coming. Eunhye smiled and said, “I will give my address later.”. 

 

             “Assa!”, Kimbum said. “Will you go, noona?”.

 

             As soon as Kimbum asked Jihyo, Eunhye went to Jihyo and tell Jihyo that she was invited. “Don’t forget to come, unnie.”, Eunhye said with a smile. 

 

             “Eo, will see.”, Jihyo answered shortly. 

 

 

“Why are you guys slacking off?”, Jaesuk asked as he is struggling to hang the balloon on the wall. 

 

             Kwangsoo blowed his balloon in annoyance. “Ani. Why are we here?” I have to go practice my dance with Dongwook.”.

 

             “Nado molla~.”, Dongwook answered in his own tune. 

 

             “Joyong! Joyong! Can you just please do your own task silently, Kwangsoo-ya?”, Jaesuk. Teased.

 

             Kwangsoo ignored him as he was too stunned to speak. He kept on blowing the numerous balloon at the faculty lobby with Dongwook, Somin, Sechan, Jongkook, Sukjin, Haha and Gary. They were too focused that they didn’t noticed that Jihyo was not with them. 

 

             “Eo, Jihyo eodiya?”, Haha asked as he noticed Jihyo’s absence. 

 

             “She’s probably sleeping in her room.”, Gary predicted. 

 

             “Eo. Maja.”, Jongkook answered while tying the ribbon on the balloon. 

 

             “’Eo. Maja’? Why is she slacking off? Aren’t you being too biased, Jongkook-ah?”, Sukjin asked with his forehead wrinkled. 

 

             “Wae naya? It’s Jaesuk hyung requested. He asked us to help him here. Did he even asked Jihyo?”, said Jongkook to escape from his bias-actioned.

 

             “I asked Jihyo to help me.”, Jaesuk speaked even before Sukjin ask him. 

 

             Dongwook changed the subject to avoid complicated situation so he just blurted out his question. “Will you be going to Eunhye’s birthday party with Jihyo this Saturday, Kwangsoo-ya?”.

 

             Both Jongkook and Kwangsoo shocked by Dongwook sudden question. Haha, Gary, Sukjin, Jaesuk, Somin and Sechan are shocked too but keeping their mouth shut as it was a sensitive matter. Whenever there is a sensitive matter in their conversations, most of them will keep their mouth shut except for the people who involved. Their friendship has been going like that from year to year to avoid misunderstanding, fight and complication. As Dongwook realized his mistake, he sighed and clicked his tongue while tying the balloon. 

 

             “Are you going with Jihyo?”, Jongkook asked without looking at Kwangsoo. 

 

             “Eo, eooo. I don’t think I will be going. Dongwook and I will be having a dance practice this Saturday. Along with Haha and Gary. You guys promised us to join our Heart Beat dance, right, Gary hyung? Haha hyung?”, Kwangsoo asked quickly to avoid the sensitive question earlier. 

 

             Without thinking, Gary and Haha nodded by the sudden Kwangsoo’s request. Actually it was since last week that Kwangsoo convinced Gary and Haha to join Dongwook and him for the Heart Beat dance 2PM as they lacked of members. Now it’s official that Gary and Haha can’t take their step back anymore from Kwangsoo and Dongwook. 

 

             “Sechanie? You won’t be joining them?”, Somin asked curiously. 

 

             “Ani. I’m with Sukjin hyung.”, Sechan giggled with his gum and teeth showed. 

 

             “Jinjja? What will you guys sing then?”, Somin asked excitedly. 

 

             Jihyo suddenly entered at the faculty lobby with her messy bun hair while zipping her jean. “Mian, I’m late.”. All eyes were on her. She was so easy going that she doesn’t care about hiding anything in front of her best friends. Even zipping her jean in front of them though her friends were majority male. They shook their head and some of them are too stunned too speak that only that one man who is smiling broadly while looking at Jihyo. 

 

             “Take it easy, Jihyo. This is not a class. I’m just asking for help.”.

 

             “Why are you looking like that, Jihyo-ya?”.

 

             “Help us, noona.”.

 

             “Palli wa, unnie.”. 

 

             “Why are you always sleeping? I can’t understand anymore.”. 

 

             “Why are you zipping your jean in front of us, noona? We majority are male here, noona. Are you not ashamed?”.

 

             Jihyo ignored all their questions but one question from Kwangsoo she can’t simply to ignore. “Ya! We are family. What should we ashamed of?”.

 

             “Keureom, let’s go to sauna with me noona.”, Kwangsoo said seriously. 

 

             Jihyo who is just taking a seat in the faculty lobby instantly stood up and went to Kwangsoo to grab his hair. “Ya! Ya! Neo michyeosseo!”. Jihyo put his arm on Kwangsoo’s neck and keep grabbing his hair. 

 

             “Arghhh! Arghhh noona!!!! Noona!!!! You said we are family!!!!!! Why are you killing me?!!!!”, Kwangsoo screamed in pain as he squeezing his eyes, lowering his eyebrows, wrinkling his nose, raising his upper lip and slightly opening his mouth. 

 

             “Eo!! This is what family do.”, Jihyo threatened as she tightening her arm on Kwangsoo’s neck. 

 

             Kwangsoo tapped his hand on Jihyo’s arm on his neck as he accept that he is defeated by his noona. “Arasseo arasseo mianhae.”. 

 

As soon as Kwangsoo apologized, Jihyo loose his arm from Kwangsoo’s neck. “Gwenchana?”.

 

“Why are you asking me if I’m okay when you are planning to kill me earlier?”, Kwangsoo pouted. 

 

Jihyo giggled as she knows she always won. She doesn’t like to admit defeat or not to try any challenges especially among man just because she is a woman. 

 

“What a scene. Our cat and dog sibling.”, Gary said. 

 

“A scene that we will probably miss once we graduated”, Haha said dramatically. 

 

“Eyyy hyung. Gabjagi?”, Sechan asked disbelief. 

 

“We still have few weeks left, Donghoon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter