Heart Shattered into Pieces

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo pressed the passcode of Jongkook’s apartment. Since their first night, Jihyo has been going to Jongkook’s apartment to spend time with him. They are busy nowadays as a lot of work keep coming. Jongkook who was busy hosting variety shows and also a member of Mom’s Diary rarely can meet his girlfriend. On the other hand, Jihyo, who was busy having her Pajama Friends variety shows, shooting dramas and also offered from dramas and movies keep hitting her on also lead her to be rarely meeting her boyfriend. 

 

             Somehow, they managed to spend time together and find their best time to cuddle and meeting, especially at Jongkook’s apartment. She went inside the apartment and noticed that all the lights were switched off. “He’s still not here?”, Jihyo sighed, missing her boyfriend. 

 

             Jihyo bought their dinner and putted it on the table. She decided to take a look at Jongkook’s room, just what if Jongkook was there? She opened the door and to her surprised, Jongkook was in the deep sleep. Did she forgot that Jihyo will be here today? Or is he forgot? Or he is too tired that he totally forgot?

 

             Jihyo took her light steps to Jongkook, not wanting to wake him up. She went to the bed and sat on bed side. She looked at Jongkook who seems so exhausted and ruffling his hair, and his cheeks and also his lips. Jongkook grabbed Jihyo’s hand as he felt something keep touching him. He knew that it was Jihyo, though he is closing his eyes because he knew, Jihyo’s scent. 

 

             Jihyo’s surprised by Jongkook’s actioned. He came to pull Jihyo to his arms and hugged her. “I thought you were sleeping?”, Jihyo asked while her head on Jongkook’s chest.

 

             “How can I sleep if someone keep touching me?”, Jongkook asked with his eyes closed while hugging Jihyo. 

 

             Jihyo stood up and looked at Jongkook. “Why are you sleeping so early?”.

 

             Jongkook finally aware that, why was Jihyo at his apartment? He opened his eyes and sat on his bed. “Today is Friday?”.

 

             “Eo.”, Jihyo replied. “Are you forgot?”, Jihyo scoffed. 

 

             Jongkook scratched his non-itchy head. “Jinjja mianhae. I was too busy that I thought today was Thursday. Mianhae Jihyo-ya.”, Jongkook apologized while touching Jihyo’s shoulder. He looked at Jihyo’s who won’t respond and thought that she is mad at him? 

 

Jihyo stared at Jongkook and hugged him. “Gwenchana. It’s more important for you to have enough rest, oppa.”. She pulled away from the hugged and looked at Jongkook who is still smiling. “Have you eaten dinner?”.

 

Jongkook shook his head. “I forgot.”.

 

Jihyo sighed. “Please don’t tell me you forgot to eat, oppa. I can’t always be here to take care of you.”. Jihyo played with Jongkook hands while pouting. She was worried that Jongkook can’t look after himself while he is too busy with his schedule. 

 

Jongkook felt guilty to make Jihyo worried about him. “Mian. It’s only today that I felt slightly forgot and exhausted. Should we have dinner now?”, he suggested. 

 

Jihyo nodded and lead their way to the kitchen. “I bought you chicken salad, oppa. I also bought buddae jiggae and ttokbeokki.”, Jihyo said. 

 

“You will never forget your ttokbeokki huh?”, Jongkook girlfriend who loves to eat ttokbeokki so much. Ever since knowing her for almost a decade, she will never forget to buy ttokbeokki when they have their meals. Jihyo smiled and stuck out her tongue as a replied.

 

After they had dinner, they cuddled on Jongkook’s bed. Friday and Saturday are their off days. Not probably their off days, just days that they don’t have a lot of schedule on going. They will spend their time at Jongkook’s apartment and will be watching movie before they go to sleep. But tonight, their exhaustion felt through their body. They were just cuddled on the bed and talked some things.

 

“I’ve followed your drama, with Dongwook.”, Jongkook stated. “I like it.”.

 

“Jinjja?”, Jihyo asked while resting her head on Jongkook’s bare chest. Jongkook who only sleep without his shirts on. 

 

“Eo.”, he replied shortly.

 

“I still have one last scene to shoot next week.”, Jihyo stated while closing her eyes with her hands hugged Jongkook’s waist. 

 

“Do you have…. a kiss scene… with Dongwook?”, Jongkook asked hesitated. He has been trying to ask Jihyo regarding their kiss scene since the first episode of Fugitive of Joseon but here he is, who have the couraged to ask about it with only one episode left. 

 

Jihyo sat and looked at Jongkook. Jongkook who aware that Jihyo is not resting her head on his chest, suddenly opening his eyes and looked at Jihyo who stared at him. “Ani… I’m just-“.

 

“Eobseo.”, Jihyo cut her off. After that, she took back her position. Resting her head on Jongkook’s chest. “Why would you bothered asking me about the kiss scene? It’s only acting. And it’s Dongwook, for God sake. Don’t tell me you are jealous of Dongwook, oppa?”, Jihyo asked firmly. 

 

“I’m not.”, Jongkook defeated. Who won’t be jealous if watching someone get to kiss your girlfriend? No one!

 

But somehow, Jihyo managed to shoot back. “You don’t think I won’t feel jealous looking at you lovingly having a love line with another woman on your show, oppa?”.

 

Jongkook was too stunned but he managed to reply, “Ani. It’s just a love line. Love line never works. No feelings involve. You know that, right?”.

 

Jihyo sat back and looked at Jongkook again. “Acting is also the same, oppa. Dongwook is my friend and your friend.”, Jihyo explained. “Hajiman, Hong Jinyoung is not your friend. She is a woman.”. Jihyo looked at Jongkook straight in the eyes.

 

Jongkook chuckled as he noticed Jihyo’s jealousy. “I don’t love her. I always look at you and will love you forever, Cheon Seongim.”, upon mentioning her real name, a smile started to form on Jihyo’s lips. 

 

 

Jihyo read her last script of her drama, Fugitive of Joseon, at her agency meeting room. She was the main lead alongside with Dongwook, her best friend. Both of them were the main lead of the drama, and to their surprised, both of them were offered as the main characters by Producer Lee Jinseo. The plot was similarly liked their project with Jihoon and Eunhye for the last semester back then in university. 

 

             It was set during the reign of King Injeong, the protagonist is a royal physician who desperately to cure his ailing daughter, which is Dongwook. He then becomes a fugitive when he gets entangled in an assassination plot to poison the crown prince, who will be played as Im Seulong, and fights to save both his daughter’s life and his own. For their project back then, it was the protagonist who desperately wanted to save his sister’s life, but this drama is slightly different. It was his daughter.

 

             Jihyo will played her role as a royal nurse and Dongwook’s assistant in the drama. She has a proud personality and he helped Dongwook, the protagonist to cure his ailing daughter. In the end, both of them will fall in love toward each other, alongside with Dongwook’s daughter in the drama. 

 

             Jihyo and Dongwook will have to shoot their very last scene for their last episode. The drama was going on for 5 months already and Jihyo mostly spending her time with Dongwook and barely can meet her boyfriend. While Jongkook, who was also busy with a lot of offers to host variety shows but that doesn’t mean that their bond has loose, instead their love is still going strong as they miss each other. 

 

Their relationship, they kept it secret that not one of their fans, antis and medias know about it. They promised that they will reveal it to the public if only they’re getting married one day. Only their group of friends knew about their relationship, not including their managers too.

 

“Unnie, gwenchana?”, Jihyo’s manager, Aemi asked about Jihyo’s condition as she looked that Jihyo is too focused reading her script. 

 

“Eo? Eo. I think I need some caffeine.”. Jihyo said while shaking her head.

 

“I will get it for you.”, Aemi offered.

 

Jihyo shook her head again while looking at her manager. “Aniya. I will get it myself. I want to take some fresh air ahead, Aemi-ya. Keokjeong hajima. The café was just downstairs.”, Jihyo reassured her worried manager. Aemi nodded. 

 

While covering up with her black mask and black cap, Jihyo looked at the menu at the café. “Ice vanilla latte hanaman juseyo.”, Jihyo ordered. The barista nodded and gave her a smile, though she didn’t know that woman was Song Jihyo. 

 

“Thanks.”, Jihyo slightly bowed to the barista as soon as she retrieved her ice vanilla latte. She then took a seat at the end of table so that no one will noticed her. She was just only a three-year-old actress but a lot of people has recognized her because her acting was great. Creative Group ING Agency really thought that casting Jihyo as their actress brought luck to them. Jihyo was damn talented!

 

Jihyo sipped her ice vanilla latte while looking outside. The blue sky was so indeed beautiful that day. Going downstairs to buy the ice vanilla latte was actually worth it. Even for a while. 

 

As Jihyo was too focused on staring the sky, someone took a seat on her table. Covered with a mask too, but different kind of hat, it was dark blue denim bucket hat. She wondered who was taking a seat on her table. She can’t see that the table was occupied? Or did she blind?

 

“Annyeong, unnie. Orrae maniya.”, a familiar voice greeted her but she still can’t remember her named was. 

 

She took off her mask and the hat. She looked Jihyo straight in her eyes and gave her sweet smile. It was Yoon Eunhye! Her ex-classmate and her ex-girlfriend of her boyfriend. “You don’t know me already that you have grown as a big star, unnie?”, Eunhye said sarcastically as she looked that Jihyo didn’t respond to her.

 

“Aaaa. Annyeong Eunhye-ya. Jinnja orrae maniya.”, Jihyo replied. She even thought that they are not even close to have coffee together in a café. But Eunhye just took a sit on her table and if she’s making a scene to drive away Eunhye, there’s a lot of people will took their pictures and videos. Eunhye was doing great too. She was an actress and also an idol singer of Baby V.O.X. 

 

“You are doing great, unnie.”. Eunhye started to talk.

 

“You too.”, Jihyo replied. 

 

“Can’t believe I bumped into you here. Are you fine?”.

 

“Eo. Neoneun?”.

 

Eunhye just nodded and looked at her coffee. It was an awkward silence but Eunhye managed to start their conversation again by asking an unexpected question. “Is Jongkook oppa doing well?”.

 

Jihyo was shocked by her unexpected question but managed to keep her poker face. “Did Eunhye knew that we are dating?”, Jihyo asked in her mind. After few seconds, she managed to answer Eunhye’s question coolly. “You don’t follow celebrity updates? He is doing well. As you can see him on tv.”.

 

Eunhye smiled. “We can’t believe everything on tv, unnie. Everyone can put their fake smile. Like us too, as an actress, we knew how it goes in this industry, right?”. Jihyo not gonna denied the truth fact in their industries that they are working on but just keep her silenced for a while.

 

“He’s doing great. Keokjeong hajima.”, Jihyo answered coolly too. 

 

“Is he happy?”, Eunhye still beating around the bush. 

 

“Keureomyo. What do you want to know about him?”, Jihyo started to lose his patience. Who’s not? Jongkook’s ex-girlfriend is asking her boyfriend well-being. It’s just too ridiculous. But it’s not Eunhye’s fault too. She’s probably doesn’t know that Jongkook and her are dating.

 

“Are you and Jongkook oppa together?”. There it is! The question from Eunhye that leave Jihyo’s stunned though she expected it. She looked at Jihyo who’s still not answering. “If you are not together, can you help me to get Jo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter