Silent Unspeakable Moments

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The four-hour class of Prof. Do Kwon ended so fast that Jihyo and Dongwook doesn’t realized that they still don’t have any group members yet for their assignment. Both of them looking at each other and chuckled as they used to.

 

             “Not again”, Dongwook giggled.

 

             “Yes again”, Jihyo laughed with her lovely eyes. 

 

As they laughed and talked towards each other, someone’s eyeing on them from far away in front of the class. His steps slowly went to Jihyo and Dongwook. The steps that took about ten steps from the front seat to Jihyo and Dongwook’s seat who sat at the back lead Dongwook and him to eye contact as Jihyo sat on the right seat. Jihyo was facing Dongwook and noticed that Dongwook is looking at someone from her back. 

 

             “Mwo?”, Jihyo murmured silently with her eyebrows raised.

 

             Dongwook raised his head at Jihyo’s back, signaling that someone was standing at her back. Jihyo turned her back and head as he saw Dongwook signaling her. For her surprise, it was Ju Jihoon. Jihyo’s classmate and ex-boyfriend. 

 

             “What?”, Jihyo asked to Jihoon coldly. 

 

             “Do you guys have an empty slot? I don’t have a group yet. Since it’s only both of you, I want to join. We can look for one person then”, said Jihoon who has eyes only on Jihyo. 

 

             “Who says you can join us?”, Jihyo asked to Jihoon angrily while gritted her teeth. She had done enough of her ex-boyfriend and she really don’t want to be in the same group with him. Dongwook touched Jihyo’s arm as a sign for Jihyo to stop talking. He knows that Jihyo hate her ex-boyfriend so much for what he had done to Jihyo but Dongwook doesn’t have any other options as they don’t have any group member yet. 

 

             “You are welcome here”, Dongwook said to Jihoon calmly. Though he knows he might hurts Jihyo.

 

             “Dongwook-a!”, Jihyo screamed while looking at Dongwook. She was breathless in anger.

 

             “Jihyo-ya, we can’t demand anymore. We still don’t have any group member. Let’s be professional. For the sake of our assignment”, said Dongwook to Jihyo hoping that she understands. 

 

             Jihoon silently standing at the back of Jihyo while watching them bickering. “Thanks”. That one word he said made Jihyo turned her back and head straight away to Jihoon. She was looking at Jihoon’s eyes without saying any words. She started to accept her fate to be in the same group with Jihoon. She doesn’t have any option left and she motivated herself that this is her last semester. The last year to see her ex-boyfriend’s face. 

 

             Someone’s approaching from the left side of Dongwook with her light steps and interrupted them, “May I join too? I heard from there that you are looking for one more person. I think I suit enough.”.

 

             Jihyo, Dongwook and Jihoon looking at the left side seat. It’s Yoon Eunhye. That one girl who doesn’t have any group member yet too. 

 

             “Jongkook oppa ex-girlfriend wants to join us? What a jackpot! !”, Jihyo speaked silently in her mind. 

 

             Jihoon looked at Eunhye and raised both of his hand and eyebrows. “It’s up to them.”.

 

             “You can.”, Dongwook said.

 

             Jihyo was loss at words while looking at Dongwook. She knows she can’t say ‘no’ to this situation. 

 

             “Okay. We will meet in the study room at the library on 2:00 pm then to discuss our assignment. I will book for the room. See ya!”, Eunhye said excitedly. As soon as she’s accepted in their group, she leaves and smiling while looking at them. 

 

             “Kol.”, Jihoon agreed calmly. 

 

 

Dongwook looked at Jihyo who is eating her bulgogi silently. The cafeteria was noisy with a lot of students having their lunch but Jihyo’s mind was too disturb that she can’t hear anything. 

 

             “Jihyo-ya.”, Dongwook called. But no response from Jihyo. He looked at Jihyo who picking on her rice with his chopsticks non-stop. He knows Jihyo’s bothered by Jihoon and Eunhye earlier.

 

             “Jihyo-ya!”, Dongwook screamed to Jihyo. Jihyo was shocked and stopped picking on her rice. She raised her head and looked at Dongwook. “Eo?”, Jihyo asked.

 

             “Why are keep picking on your rice? Won’t you eat your bulgogi? If you don’t want give it to me then.”, Dongwook said. 

 

             “You can have it.”, Jihyo said surprising Dongwook. Jihyo is the type of person who will never share his foods to anyone except for her boyfriend. 

 

             “Neoneun wae? You know I don’t have any other options right? I mean, ‘we’.”, Dongwook said to Jihyo strongly. 

 

             “Eyyy ara. Keunyang. Huh.”, Jihyo sighed with her deep audible exhalation expressing her weariness.

 

             “Wae? You are not comfortable with Jihoon? Animyeon… Eunhye?”, Dongwook asked to Jihyo hoping for her answer.

 

             “Who is comfortable to be working with her ex-lover, Dongwook-a? Keurigu, Yoon Eunhye. She is Jongkook oppa’s ex-girlfriend, and I am oppa’s best friend. The situation doesn’t seem right.”, Jihyo said expressing her thoughts. She continued, “you know before we become close during the first semester, right? I’ve been working with them. The Princess Hours project. What a fate that we become group members for the last semester. Is this a Princess Hours reunion?”. 

 

             “Eo, maja. You’ve been working with them for the Princess Hours project. Waa jinja. It’s been a long time. It was our first semester since the project.”, Dongwook said excitedly with his mouth wide opened. As soon as he looked at Jihyo, he realized that Jihyo is still not in the mood so he changed the topic. “Eo, Kim Jeonghoon also participated in the Princess Hours project, right? Is he doing well? Bogoshipeo.”, Dongwook said while eyeing Jihyo who’s continued picking on her rice. 

 

             Kim Jeonghoon who played as Prince Yul’s character has quit from the university. He is also one of Jihyo’s closest person. Such a waste that he quit. Not gonna lie that Jihyo also missed him. He is one of the talkative friends in their class. She still remember the Princess Hours project.

 

             “Jihyo-ya. Gwenchana?”, Jeonghoon asked to Jihyo while giving Jihyo one bottle of water for her. Jihyo seems very nervous before the theatre starts. Jihyo who played a role as a main character in the theatre puts her under pressure. 

 

             “Eo, gwenchana. Keunyang bulhanan.”, Jihyo said nervously with his fearful expression. 

 

             “Don’t get too nervous. We have done our best during our practiced for months. This is nothing.”, Jeonghoon said to Jihyo as a gesture to calm Jihyo.

 

 

The loud applauded from the audiences shows approval and praise that the Princess Hours theatre were doing well. Jihyo, Jihoon, Eunhye, Jeonghoon and their classmates bowed on the stage to their audiences as the show ended. They went to the backstage and cheered happily towards each other. 

 

             Jeonghoon went to Jihyo and said, “you did well.” as he winked to Jihyo and smiled. 

 

             Jihoon who witnessed the scene and instantly asked Jeonghoon, “why? What happen?”.

 

             “Ani. Jihyo get too nervous earlier. I told her she can do it and yes, she did well.”, Jeonghoon praised. Jihyo smiled and put her hand together as a feeling to express her ease. 

 

             “We all did well.”, said Eunhye with a smile as she witnessed the scene. Her phone ringing and she excused herself from them. “Oh it’s my boyfriend. I have to take Jongkook oppa’s call.”. 

 

             “Jihyo-ya, I have something to tell you.”. Jihoon grabbed Jihyo’s hand who is still in awe to the outside back hall. 

 

             “Wae Jihoon-a?”, Jihyo asked curiously. 

 

             “Ani. I have a plan in mind. After the successful of this theatre, I want to confess to my crush.”, said Jihoon shyly while looking on the ground. 

 

             “Jinjja?! Geurom, gobaekhae Jihoon-a.”, Jihyo said excitedly. 

 

             “Do you think she will accept me?”, Jihoon asked while shyly looking at Jihyo. He scratched her not itchy neck while looking on the ground again. 

 

             “Why not? Who wouldn’t fall in love with handsome rudey Ju Jihoon?”, Jihyo giggled with her hand covered . 

 

             “Well, I…. I…. like you.”, Jihoon confessed. 

 

             Jihyo who is shocked hearing Jihoon’s confession suddenly stop giggling. She was silent for a minute and looked at Jihoon again. Jihoon is still loking on the ground because he was too shy to look at Jihyo. He also afraid that their friendship might affected if Jihyo rejected him. Jihyo put her hand on Jihoon’s chin to raise Jihoon’s head to look at her. Jihoon shocked and he looked at Jihyo’s pretty face who is still smiling. He doesn’t know what is going on in her head. “Did she asked me to just be friend and act like nothing happen? Or will she leaves me because this confession is too burden for her?”. A lot of thoughts keep talking in Jihoon’s mind. 

 

             “What took you so long?”, Jihyo asked to Jihoon. She looked at Jihoon’s eyes sincerely. Jihoon was still in shocked. “Did Jihyo just accepted me?”, his mind talking again. Jihyo is still smiling. A gesture of her accepting Jihoon. 

 

             Jihoon stood up straight and looked at Jihyo. He leaned closer to Jihyo’s face and that was the beginning of Jihyo’s first kiss.

 

 

Jihyo looked at her notebook and scribbled with his pencil like she was possessed by a ghost. Dongwook who silently stealing a glance at Jihyo just keeping his mouth shut. He knows he can’t talk to the moody Song Jihyo. 

 

             Not long after, Jihoon and Eunhye arrived at the study room. Jihoon took a seat beside to Dongwook while Eunhye took a seat beside Jihyo. 

 

             “Hey.”, Eunhye greeted to them. 

 

             “Eo.”, Dongwook replied. 

 

             “Shall we start?”, Jihoon asked as he looked at the silence Song Jihyo. 

 

             “For the proposal, I think we should have a fresh genre instead of love. I think the other group members will probably use the love genre as it is the popular one. Remember the Princess Hours project?”, Eunhye asked voicing his opinion. The mentioned of the ‘Princess Hours project’ woke Jihyo straight away. After the long time of her scribble-to-nothing, she raised her head to look at her group members. She knows she have to keep it professional. 

 

“Work is work, personal is personal.”, Jihyo murmured in mind.

 

“Do you want to make other genre instead of love?”, Jihyo asked to Eunhye. 

 

“Eo.”, Eunhye replied shortly. 

 

“I think it’s a good idea. We can use the love genre for the side genre.”, Dongwook said. 

 

“I have an idea. Can we make the main character as a troublemaker? Like…. he or she is a killer? Culprit? But then he found a second main character who investigated his or her case and fall in love.”, Jihoon stating his opinion to his group members. 

 

“So it’s a crime genre then?”, Eunhye asked. 

 

“Eo”, Jihoon answered. 

 

“I think it’s too common”, Dongwook said in disagreement. 

 

“How about we create the main character who is single and have a little sister. We make it historical since it’s related to our subject. We create the main character as a royal physician who is desperate to cure his ailing sister. He then becomes a fugitive when he gets entangled in an assassination plot to poison the crown prince and fights to save both his sister’s life and his own.”, Jihyo stopped while putting down her pen. It’s a sign that Jihyo wants to express her opinions and ideas that are pouring out in her mind. She then forget her worried earlier. She eye contacted her members one by one before she continued. The members nodded their heads as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter