Tragedy or Learning?

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongkook drank soju at Loco Quan 401 Restaurant with Haha after Jihyo asking for a breakup earlier. Jihyo didn’t even wanted him to accompany her at the hospital that she probably alone in her room now. Jongkook have to accept her request to leave her alone in a room, or not she will become more sick if he tried to stress out her more. 

 

             Loco Quan 401 Restaurant is a restaurant owned by Jongkook and Haha, and probably there’s a private room there just for them to have gathering and meeting. “Hyung, keuman!”, Haha tried to stop Jongkook from sipping more of his soju. He was probably drunk. 

 

             Jongkook snatched his soju glass from Haha’s hand back and tried to sip his soju again. Haha was so upset that he snatched back the soju glass again from Jongkook. “Tell me what’s wrong!”.

 

             “Jihyo….”, Jongkook said while looking on the ground. His eyes are pooled with tears again. 

 

             “Jihyo neun wae?”, Haha asked. 

 

             “She asked for a break up earlier at the hospital. And…. And…. I don’t even know why…. She didn’t explain anything to me….”, Jongkook sniffled. 

 

             Haha was too shocked to hear from Jongkook. He can’t even imagine that Jongkook and Jihyo broke up? Their love is too strong that hearing they broke up just feel like a joke to him. “Waeeee…. Wae… hyung?”.

 

             “I said it earlier. I don’t even know it!”, Jongkook enraged. 

 

             “Did you tried to ask her?”.

 

             “Eo.”.

 

             “What did she said?”.

 

             “She asked me to leave the hospital, without explanations.”.

 

             “Did you… just leave, hyung? You should ask for her explanations!”.

 

             “I did! But she refused.”.

 

             “You should ask more!”, Haha frustrated. “She can’t ask for a break up and not tell you anything!”.

 

             “I leave because I thought I might stress her out more. You know, the doctor asked us not to stress her out. Her health is a priority right now, Donghoon-a.”, Jongkook explained.

 

             Haha was too stunned to speak. It’s right that Jihyo’s health is a priority right now, but how come she asked for a break up without explanations? Jongkook has the right to know what he did wrong. He can ask for forgiveness and correct his mistakes. Haha can’t even think of what Jongkook might do wrong. Did Jongkook cheated on her? Did Jongkook really fall in love with Hong Jinyoung? Did Jongkook didn’t put his enough attention to Jihyo nowadays since he is busy? Wae? Out of all people, Jihyo should be the onw who understand Jongkook the most. They are celebrities and probably will be very busy. A lot of thoughts keep playing in Haha’s mind but not even one of them fits.

 

 

Kwangsoo were at the hospital in Jihyo’s room after getting a called from her. “Noona?”, Kwangsoo called Jihyo.

 

             Jihyo who was probably just closing her eyes, turned to look at Kwangsoo. “Eo?”, Jihyo answered in her hoarse voice. 

 

             Kwangsoo looked at Jihyo’s tray food beside her bed. It’s still untouched. “You have not eaten, aren’t you?”, Kwangsoo predicted.

 

             “I’m not hungry.”, Jihyo answered and closed her eyes back.

 

             “Just eat for at least 3 spoons of it, for Godness sake! You have not eaten for a week. How did you managed to shoot your last scene earlier? Noona michyeosseo?!”, Kwangsoo get upset at Jihyo. His stubborn noona sometimes have to knocked her sense out. 

 

Jihyo just keeping her silenced and started to talk after few seconds. “If you are here to nag me, just go home please.”, Jihyo requested. “I’m tired and stress.”.

 

“Ani. You should’ve expected me to nag if you called me here earlier. Noona, jebal”, Kwangsoo pleaded and took a seat next to Jihyo at the chair which Jongkook sat up earlier. “Noona.”, Kwangsoo called her softly once again. 

 

Jihyo opened her eyes and looked at the pitiful Kwangsoo. Sure, she was the one who called him but yet she doesn’t want to hear him nag? Jihyo nodded. “Just 2 spoons, Kwangsoo.”.

 

Kwangsoo smile in relieved. “Ani, 3 spoons noona.”. Jihyo just silenced as she looked at Kwangsoo who took the tray of hospital food and putted it in front of Jihyo. He gently opened the food and put a full spoon of porridge for Jihyo. 

 

“It’s too much, Kwangsoo.”, Jihyo said after looking at the full spoon of porridge. 

 

“Just 3 spoons, noona.”, Kwangsoo said, ignoring Jihyo’s concern of his full spoon of porridge. Kwangsoo being the best dongsaeng he can, feed Jihyo a full spoon of porridge to her. The last spoon came into and she sipped her drink quickly. 

 

“Gomawo, Kwangsoo-ya.”, Jihyo thanked and leaned her back on the bed. 

 

Kwangsoo packed Jihyo’s food and put next to Jihyo’s bed aside. He took a seat on the chair next to Jihyo’s bed again. He stared at Jihyo for a while. “Now, can you talk about it?”.

 

 

After a week discharged from the hospital, Jihyo just spend her time in her room. She doesn’t even go out and asked Aemi to free all her schedules. She also asked her manager to not accept any offer role for dramas, movies and even variety shows because she wanted to rest. 

 

             A lot of messages and calls she received from her beloved friends, she decided to ignore it again. She doesn’t even know, every time she ignored the world, she felt at peace. She just like to be alone without having to involve with a single soul, though she misses Jongkook so much. 

 

             Whenever Jongkook send her messages, he always asking for explanations. Jihyo also didn’t know why she can’t have the courage to talk to Jongkook. She felt like Eunhye’s words 2 weeks ago were true just by looking how Eunhye behaves. She even witnessed the scene that Jongkook was too focused on her too much when he was dating Eunhye before. Did Jongkook also love Jinyoung now? She asked in her mind. The thought of Jongkook is dating Jinyoung leave her in miserable. Eunhye really did succeed made her felt miserable now. She didn’t blame it on Eunhye because she really truly deserves it.

 

 

Sukjin, Jaesuk, Jongkook, Haha, Dongwook, Kwangsoo, Sechan and Somin are all gathered at the Loco Quan 401 restaurant as they haven’t been gathering lately. Jihyo, who backed out from the gathering made her excused up that she is not feeling well despite knowing the fact that she already discharged a week ago. But being the understanding friends they can be, they just let her be. Maybe she still needs time to sort out. 

 

             “Unnie bogoshipda.”, Somin sighed. 

 

             “Nado.”, Sechan admitted. 

 

             “Don’t you guys noticed that Jihyo has been distancing herself from us lately? I don’t even meet her after visiting her at the hospital last 2 weeks.”, Sukjin spoked. 

 

             “Eo, maja. Nado.”, Dongwook agreed.

 

             “What the hell is wrong with her? Did she tell you guys anything?”, Haha asked. He is still angry after hearing Jongkook said that she asked for break up without explanations weeks ago.

 

             “Kookjong-ie?”, Jaesuk asked Jongkook as he still don’t know that they broke up. Along with the others, except Haha and Kwangsoo. 

 

             “We broke up.”, Jongkook looked at his soju glass. Again, he’s drinking. A rare sight of Kim Jongkook. 

 

             “Mwo?!”, Sukjin, Jaesuk, Dongwook, Sechan and Somin asked in unison. They just can’t believe their ears. 

 

             “Since when, oppa?”, Somin asked. Still in shocked. 

 

             “The day Jihyo admitted at the hospital.”, Haha answered instead of Jongkook.

 

             “Ani, wae?”, Sukjin asked while crossing his arms.

 

             “So this is why she backed out from our gathering and decided to ignore all of us.”, Dongwook said.

 

             “Why are you silenced Kwangsoo. Did Jihyo tell you anything?”, Jaesuk predicted.

 

             Kwangsoo panicked but thanks to Somin, he can uncover the truth. “Ani, Kwangsoo oppa won’t know anything. Jihyo will probably tell me first before Kwangsoo oppa.”, Somin claimed. 

 

             “Eo, maja.”, Kwangsoo answered shortly. “Nado molla.”, he covered. 

 

             “Gwenchana, hyung?”, Sechan asked Jongkook.

 

             Jongkook scoffed and sipped a glass of soju again. “Do I look like I’m okay, Sechan-a?”, Jongkook asked sarcastically.

 

             “Mianhae, hyung.”, Sechan apologized. 

 

             “Jihyo will not cut us off like she said once as a joke right?”, Haha asked in worried. Worry that Jihyo’s joked back then really came true. 

 

             “Ani, unnie is not that kind of woman.”, Somin defended her favorite unnie.

 

             “How can you be so sure, Somin-a?”, Sechan asked.

 

             “She doesn’t even here.”, Dongwook said after sipping his soju.

 

             “Will she leaves us just like Gary hyung did?”, Haha unexpected question leave them speechless, that no one can even answered his question. 

 

 

After their gathering earlier, Jongkook came home and hoping that Jihyo was there. But there’s none a shadow of Jihyo. He went to his room without showering and threw himself on his bed. He cried because he misses Jihyo so much. He didn’t even know his wrong that Jihyo just keeping her silenced while ignoring him, even their friends. “What the hell is wrong with you, Jihyo-ya?!”, Jongkook almost screamed. 

 

             He sat on his bed and looked at the Winnie the Pooh’s doll that Jihyo gave him. “Look at the doll if you thinking of me or missing me, oppa.”, Jihyo said to him back then.

 

             “I miss you, Jihyo. And I think about you a lot.”, Jongkook cried in silenced as he looked at the Winnie the Pooh. He took it and hugged the doll. “Jihyo….”.

 

 

Jih

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter