Doubtness and Craziness

Soulmate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jihyo’s mouth watered when the smell of burnt samgyeopsal in the restaurant hit her nose. The table were full with costumers all walks of life and she barely can see Dongwook. She sat on the empty table while waiting for Dongwook. As Dongwook noticed her while serving soju for his costumers, he greeted Jihyo from afar, “Eo, Song Jihyo! Jamkan!”. Jihyo nodded and waited for Dongwook on her table. “Omma, I’ve already handle all the costumers. Only table 7, they need additional banchan. Can you serve them for a while? Jihyo is here.”, Dongwook asked for his mom’s helped for a while as he wanted to meet Jihyo. 

 

             “Jihyo’s here?”, Dongwook’s mom asked back.

 

             “Eo, omma. It’s seems like she got some problem as she used to.”, Dongwook straightened his mouth for her mom understanding and gladly his mom understood. She often sees her son hanging out with Jihyo and their friends, and for Jihyo who will suddenly came to their restaurant means that something is bothering her. Her mom nodded. “Mian, omma. Gomawoyo. I’ll make it up later.”. Dongwook tapped his mom shoulder and went to Jihyo quickly. 

 

             “Ya! What are you doing here? I’m busy!”, Dongwook threw some joked to Jihyo and brought some soju bottles and glasses for both of them. 

 

             “Nothing. I’m just hungry.”, Jihyo answered as she took the glass from Dongwook and pour a glass of soju for herself. She sipped her soju while Dongwook looked at her. 

 

             “You will never go here if you are hungry. Something’s bothering you? Tell me.”, Dongwook asked her as he knew that something’s bothering Jihyo’s mind.

 

             “It’s obvious?”, Jihyo looked at Dongwook while making her confused face. 

 

             “Eo. Neomu neomu.”.

 

             Jihyo sighed and sipped a glass of soju again. She played with her soju glass in front of her while Dongwook is still waiting for her to talk. “Ya! I’m here. What’s bothering you? Jongkook hyung?”.

 

             “Ottoke arasseo?!”, Jihyo startled that both her eyes and mouth opened widely as she looked at Dongwook. She put her soju glass in the table and started to stare at Dongwook again.

 

             “Jongkook-ie hyung neun wae?”.

 

             Jihyo looked at her soju glass again and poured some soju in it. She tried to sip her soju but Dongwook stopped him. “I want you to talk to me first before you drink.”.

 

             After a long silenced, Jihyo started to speak. She tried to let out her overthinking by sharing it to her best friend. “Emmm ani. Dongwook-a, can I trust Jongkook oppa?”.

 

             “Gabjagi? Trust what? For being his girlfriend?”.

 

             “Emm. Can I trust oppa? You know, I am her best friend for 9 years but I’m only her girlfriend for 5 months. Can I trust him?”.

 

             “Don’t tell me you date him but you don’t trust him? Or don’t tell me you date him to move on from Jihoon or don’t tell me you date him as an act of piti-“.

 

             “Ya! It’s nothing like that!”, Jihyo cut him off. “Why would you mentioned that trash? You are the same as Seongmoon!”, Jihyo sipped her soju in frustration. 

 

             “Then why can’t you trust him?”.

 

             “It’s not that I don’t trust him. It’s just…”.

 

             “You’re still overthinking aren’t you?”.

 

             Jihyo sighed and nodded. 

 

             “I can’t ask you to stop overthinks but just put your trust on him. You love him, right?”.

 

             “Eo. A lot…”.

 

             “And that’s it.”.

 

 

“An massisseo?”, Jongkook asked Jihyo as he looked at Jihyo who was picking on her food since their steak arrived. Jongkook sees there’s nothing wrong with the steak. Both their steak were medium done and it’s probably delicious because they often ordered the medium done of steaks at the Vault Steakhouse at Gangnam, and the most important things is, it’s Jihyo’s favorite steak. There must be something’s wrong with Jihyo, Jongkook thoughts while staring at her. Jongkook called her again as she’s not answering earlier. She must have been too distracted. “Jihyo.”.

 

             “Eo oppa?!”, Jihyo startled. What is she so startled about? 

 

             “Neo gwenchana? The steak is not good?”. Jongkook asked in concern.

 

             Jihyo looked at her steak. She’s barely eating it. She put her fork and knife down and looked at Jongkook. She sighed. “Oppa.”.

 

             “Eo. Something’s bothering you, right?”.

 

             Jihyo nodded and looked at her steak again. 

 

             “Mwo? You can tell me.”, Jongkook asked to hear his girlfriend worries. 

 

             She sipped her wine and putted down her glass as she’s done sipping. She don’t know where to start to tell about her worries because she felt bad to Jongkook. “Oppa.”.

 

             “I’m still here.”, Jongkook putted down his fork and knife like Jihyo’s did because he looked that Jihyo is too anxious to talk. He wondered, what’s wrong with her? He thought that Jihyo’s okay, but maybe it’s because she is too good at hiding her feelings that he can’t even noticed her worries. An actress-to-be-soon too. 

 

             “Oppa, do you trust….me?”, Jihyo stuttered. She’s afraid that their conversations might gone wrong or she might start a fight but she is too anxious that she can’t sleep at night due to her overthinking. Is it because she is too overlove?

 

             “Eo? What do you mean?”, Jongkook tilted his head in confused.

 

             “Ani, do you trust me? As your girlfriend?”, Jihyo asked. She highlighted the ‘girlfriend’, and not a ‘best friend’.

 

             “That’s the reason I’m your boyfriend right?”, Jongkook chuckled and started to grab his fork and knife again to continue eating his steak. Jihyo’s worries seems doesn’t worry him, if that’s really the reason.

 

             Jihyo is still not satisfied by Jongkook’s reactioned and replied. She started to ask an unexpected question that brought Jongkook in shocked, and for herself too. She can’t believe she asked that. “What if one day I cheated on you?”.

 

             Jongkook stopped. He stopped munching, he stopped cutting his steak, he stopped moving and fortunately his heart hasn’t stop. He putted down his fork and knife and looked Jihyo in the eyes. “What is that?”. He took a tissue and wiped his mouth and lips, a sign that he’s done eating. His appetite has gone upon hearing Jihyo’s unexpected question. 

 

             “Ani… oppa… I didn’t say I would be cheating on you one day. I’m just asking you, what if?”, Jihyo stuttered. She’s scared and now she started to regret for asking the question. She doesn’t know where this conversation might go. Why would she be bothered by her overthinking? It’s just an overthinking! It’s not happen!

 

             “The probability of you cheating on me will happen by your question, Jihyo. Are you… falling in love… with someone else?”, Jongkook asked that his voice is getting smaller. The thought he asked the question scared him that he might lose Jihyo. He can’t bear to lose Jihyo after Eunhye. He even promised to himself that he won’t lose Jihyo. Song Jihyo, the risk that he’s willing to take after their first kiss in Jeju Island. He can’t lose Jihyo like this. 

 

             Jihyo stood up. She noticed the panicked Jongkook that send herself in panicked too and went to take a seat next to him. Now she is really really regretted for asking the stupid question. She knew she will never cheat on Jongkook, nor Jongkook too. Both of them are not like that, due to cheated on by their exes. “Oppa, oppa. Look at me. That’s not what I meant.”, Jihyo looked at Jongkook and touched his cheeks. “You know, I’m having an overthinking again.”, Jihyo sighed and looked on the table while putting away her hand from Jongkook’s cheek. 

 

             Jongkook grabbed Jihyo’s hand and started to talk, “I trust you… and I love you so much, Cheon Seongim.”. Jihyo looked at Jongkook. He was sincere. Totally sincere. No doubts. He even called her using her real name. It showed how serious he is. 

 

             Jihyo realized that he hurt Jongkook and regretting so much for asking the stupid question she was meant to keep by herself. She guilty at her boyfriend that she hurted him and even doubted him. “Oppa, mianhae. I should keep this overthinking by myself. Mianhae oppa. That is so stupid. I trust you too and I love you so so so much that even God don’t know how much I love you. Jinjja mianhae.”, Jihyo looked down. She felt bad.

 

             Jongkook touched her chin and looked at her with a soft gaze. “Ani. It’s good that you told me this. Don’t keep too much and don’t suffer in silence. I think I remember we promised that, right?”, Jongkook asked in smile as well as Jihyo returned his smile back.

 

 

The sound of the loud siren of ambulance outside the emergency room of Hwimang Hospital disturbed Kwangsoo’s peace. The sound of the rolling bed being pushed by the doctors and nurses with their screaming and shouting towards each other and also the voice of drunk people, crying kid and various kind of hassle filled the emergency room. Kwangsoo who sat on the bed after involving in the light accident, accompanied by Sechan, Somin, Jaesuk, Sukjin, Haha and Jongkook who came to visit him. 

 

             “Ya! Can’t you take care of yourself well?”, Jaesuk groaned while pointing his finger on Kwangsoo.

 

             “Should we go here just because of your ankle injury?”, Haha turned to groan in dissatisfied. 

 

             “Aish, hyung! You should be careful. Ige mwoya?”, Sechan asked while touching carelessly Kwangsoo’s foot.

 

             “Aaaa! Appeo!”, Kwangsoo screamed. “I was involved in an accident, why can’t you guys just pity on me instead of scolding me? By the way, it’s not my fault. I was hit by a car which bet the red lights! It’s probably not my fault.”, Kwangsoo defended himself.

 

             “Are you feeling better, oppa?”, Somin asked in concern, almost crying.

 

             “Gwenchana, Somin-a.”, Kwangsoo suddenly felt guilty for worrying at least Somin, the one who is the most emotional among them. “It’s nothing.”.

 

             “Then why cause a big fuss for us to come?”, Sukjin asked while crossing his arm. 

 

             “This took at least 2 weeks for heal right, Kwangsoo?”, Jongkook asked Kwangsoo. He probably doesn’t want to cause a fight while the others did. At least he and Somin didn’t blame him. Actually, they are not blaming him. That’s just their way to show their concern. They are ing worried. 

 

             “Dongwook is not here? Jihyo?”, Jaesuk asked as he noticed Dongwook and Jihyo’s absence. 

 

             “Dongwook texted me earlier. He told me to get well soon and apologized for not being here because the restaurant is too busy. Well, it’s weekend.”, Kwangsoo answered. 

 

             Not long after that, Jihyo came while running with her speed of light. Her hair was messy and her nose was red, a sign that she was crying earlier. As soon as she arrived at Kwangsoo’s bed while not greeting the others and ignoring them, he touched Kwangsoo shoulder and looked at him. “Ya! Neo gwenchana?!”, Jihyo asked while sniffling her nose. 

 

             “Eyyy noona.”, Kwangsoo answered as he looked at the worried Jihyo. He doesn’t know that he caused worried too much, especially to his favorite noona. Though they always fought like cats and dogs, but they really have that special bond between them. Like-sibling bond that both of them really look like a family. Not ‘look like’, but really is family. Real family. Kwangsoo is Jihyo’s dongsaeng while Jihyo is Kwangsoo’s noona. Kwangmong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter