Pan-Pan - 24

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


The end has finally arrived. 


Eunji paused while she watched Seun across the room and then at his parents. She patiently waited for an officer to walk him toward the stand. The atmosphere was tense even after he sat down, Eunji dragged on. Until she drank the water, she saw him slowly losing control. He tapped his fingers nervously.

Then he ran his fingers through his hair nervously, as he shook his leg nervously. She smirked. She remembered what Haneul’s father told her once.

***

“If you want to break them, here’s a free lesson, drag on the silence, don’t dwell immediately into interrogating. If you haven’t used hours in court, then allow yourself to hold the reins in your hand. When they are frantic they lose control over themselves.”

Eunji looked at him. “But... how to do that, pa?”

“Easy, since you want to be a lawyer, I’ll let you listen to one court hearing, don’t let your mother know,” he whispered.

She clapped her hands. “Thank you! You are the best!”

***

“In June of this year, right after the race,” Eunji began, “the brakes were broken on my son’s bike,” she said, “something very interesting appeared on CCTV. Detective Shin and his partner Yuki managed to get it for me.”

The courtroom grew silent, parents looked confused. So did their lawyer. Seun shuffled nervously in his seat. “I don’t know anything...”

“Speak when you are given permission,” The judge warned.

Eunji loved it. She walked towards him and threw the CCTV pictures. He staggered back in fear and took the pictures. His eyes widened, and his jaw clenched. Eunji pulled away.

“Just like many years you came into the orphanage to stalk your brother, igniting the fear and terror in him, just like you attempted many times to draw him while before your parents you appeared all innocent,” said Eunji glaring at him.

“Objection!”

“... Just like you stalked Jessica every time she was with her ex, cameras even caught you arguing with him, asking him and demanding money from him. When he wouldn’t accept, you followed him, tracking him all the way home. But where? Where would he go? Ah!” Eunji’s eyes maniacally flicked. “At Jessica’s Jung home, who is connected with him, in every shape and form. You wanted to seek revenge on her because she was close to your brother. She was like his sister. And the best way you could do is to send her to jail, to pave free passage.”

She entirely dwelled in the brain of a killer. Jieun saw a couple at her mother’s court hearing, and she was a fighter. And that is why her mother is great in her eyes, the woman who saved her. Taeyong gazed at his mother. Sometimes it was hard for him to believe this was the same woman who showed him love and affection.

“You went as far as to send threats to his friends, thinking it would scare them. If you could, you'd kill them too. But what had stopped you I wonder? Why not kill Nari or perhaps Taeyong or Ilhoon? Were you scared of what their parents would do? Scared of Byun's perhaps?”

Seun breathed heavily through his teeth as his fist clenched. Eunji didn’t give him mercy.

“You even stalked Ari to Milan, jee... I wonder what has stopped you? Ah, something you would never have. Friends. Admit it you wanted to kill your brother in cold blood. Admit you broke his brakes, then scared off his friends, and killed Hyun Lee.”

Seun suddenly shot up. “I should have killed you right when I had the chance. All you did was be perfect, always doing your best. Why do you think I did all that? Making them believe you did wrong? It was perfect, they rejected you. “ He laughed hard.

Eunji continued listening to him. Taeyong had a hard time controlling, Ilhoon and Johnny held him, as Ari grasped his hand. His eyes were blazing at Seun.

“Hyun Lee was pathetic but I loved how that freaked JJ out. And yes, I did all that. You can’t do anything. I will get out, and do worse things.”

Haneul glared at him.

“Disgusting,” Nari growled out.

The judge axed. Taeyong’s father held his wife who visibly wasn’t feeling well. She looked freaked out by Seun who showed his face.

“After hearing a confession, the jury won’t bring a decision this time. I will.” Judge Lee said, “there’s absolutely nothing I hate but seeing a lack of humanity and compassion. This is why the law is the same for everyone. After hearing testimonies, I am sentencing you to a life sentence. You have no right to a lawyer, nor to even plead for a complaint. Hopefully, God will have mercy on you, because I and the law will not.”

She axed. “All those of you who worked hard for justice to see the light of day, I thank you.”

With that, the judge left the courthouse. The officers forced Seun away. Taeyong watched his brother being taken, he should have felt something. Anything. But he felt nothing. He was numb. As Ari hugged him he hugged her back.

“It’s over,” she murmured.

“I know...” he mumbled.

As Eunji approached, he walked up and hugged her. She smiled. “Didn’t I promise I’ll make the sun shine on you again?”

“Yes.”

She kissed his forehead, embracing him tightly. “I and your father love you very much.”

“Love you too,” he whispered.

Jieun pushed through the crowd and hugged him. He smiled and hugged her back.

“Are you sure you are okay?”

“I am, JiJi.”

“Celebration time!”
 


The trial was over and with it, so was the nightmare. The feeling of being free and not having to worry about what was to follow next was the best feeling ever. It felt as if a huge stone had rolled off of them and it was time to breathe fully. It was now time to kick back and relax. Celebrate the long-awaited freedom and plan their futures. Especially, Taeyong. His past was a burden to him, but now it was finally time to let go.

“Ready?” Ari asked, pulling him back into reality.

“Mhm,” He nodded. “Let’s go, so ma and pa don’t wait for long.”

The two quickly left, accompanied by the others. Baekhyun and Areum decided to throw them all a celebration party at their mansion. Everyone was invited, so it was a great chance to talk about many things.

“After lunch, we are going shopping!” Jieun grinned. “I don’t want to hear any complaints from you, Ari!”

Ari blinked and raised an eyebrow. “Huh?”

“You heard me!” Jieun pointed her finger at her. “I kno

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter