Prologue

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



The things she saw shaped her...

The things they all experienced made them who they are now...

 

April 1st, 2037

Italy, Milano

Byun Ari


Sky.

Is there anything more beautiful than the sky?

Probably not.

The word itself had many meanings.

For some, it meant freedom.

For some, it meant adventure.

For some, it meant a mystery.

For Ari, it was more than that. 


Ari often found herself staring at the sky and smiling at the clouds as they made different shapes. It seemed as if they were talking to her. Told her stories of the adventures they had and she told them hers. It was a usual routine, something she did on a daily basis. Something she saw her mom do as well. As a little girl, she always looked up to her mother. Her mother Areum was a hero to her and she still is.

Both of them went through a lot, especially Areum. Because it all, and the things Ari witnessed made her grow up fast. It made her see things differently. I made her more mature. She was able to know the difference between right and wrong. Between good and evil. She was a mature woman in a child’s body. When her mom was happy, Ari was happy. When her mom was sad, Ari was sad. Unfortunately for Ari, she saw her mom more times in tears… even though she tried to hide it.

Ari wasn’t stupid. She sensed it, after all the bond she had with her mother was unbreakable.

***

“Mommy?” Ari called out.

She caught her mother wiping her tears away before answering the child. Ari ran to her mom and hugged her tightly. Areum smiled a little while hugging her daughter, sniffing silently.

“Sweetie… how was school?”

Little Ari didn’t answer, she just wanted to snuggle in her mom’s arms and take her pain away from her, the best way she knew how.

***

Things surely weren’t easy for them, but they fought hard… until the sun finally shone over them and Byun Baekhyun walked into their lives, and finally she saw her mother smile again. In Ari’s eye, even though she was a child, her mother was brave for opening her heart again. Giving love another chance. Baekhyun… wait no. Her father was a good man and treated her mother like a queen.

He even had patience with Ari when she was going through phases. It was during that time that she bonded even more with her adoptive brother Ilhoon and her parents. Everyone knew Ari as a girl who helped others get out of their shell, but little did they know that something was changing in her. 

She became distant.

She became cold.

Short-tempered.

And it was then that they realized that the aftershock hit her. At some point, she started to argue a lot with her family, from a straight-A student to a barely passing grade. She even began hating things she loved the most. As she grew older, her mind changed. She began to see the evil in people. It scared her… it scared her to death.

But did her family allow her to go into darkness? No.

They tried day and night to get to her. They even hired the best of the best therapists to talk to her. Not even for a moment leaving her alone. She had brought so many troubles to them… yet they loved her and never turned their back on her. They showed her the light. They showed her the right path.

Especially Ilhoon… who knew it all too well.

One look at her, and he knew how his sister felt.

Father never let her fall and kept encouraging her.

Mother always found a way to cheer her up and make her smile.

***

“Talk to me,” Ilhoon said.

“It doesn’t matter,” Ari sighed. “Just leave. I don’t want to ruin your mood.”

“Only if my sister comes with me, huh?” He nudged her playfully.

“No…” She mumbled.

“What are you afraid of, Ari?” He asked.

“People and love,” Ari mumbled. “People are evil and love is scary…”

Ilhoon nodded. “True… but not everyone is the same.”

She only shrugged her shoulders.

***

And that was true. Simple, everyday things scared her. A hug. A simple conversation. Crowds. Aside from her family, no one was allowed to hug her. Everything she had seen her mother go through caused her to develop Haphephobia. The fear of human touch wasn’t as severe as in the cases of others, but it was enough to let her anxiety kick in.

At first, no one really noticed it as she was fine with it around her family… until a certain event happened.

***

“Ari!”

Ari turned around only to see one of her classmates running toward her. She blinked in shock and before she knew it that girl was hugging her. Ari froze and stayed silent for a minute or two as her hands started to tremble. Suddenly little Ari started to scream, pushing her classmate away. The teacher came running in as the others stood in shook.

“What happened?!” The teacher asked, frantically.

“I-I d-don’t know…” The girl explained. “I only hugged her and she started to scream.”

“That’s true,” The other classmate confirmed.

“Ari, let’s-” the teacher was about to place her hand on the girl's shoulder, but Ari pushed it away.

“Don’t touch me…” She mumbled, taking a step back.

***

That day her parents were called and that’s when the truth came out. There was no more hiding it.

***

“How didn’t I notice it earlier?” Areum sighed.

“It was impossible,” The doctor said. “Around you guys, she feels safe. Around others, she struggles. As

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter