Pan-Pan - 15

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


How can he tell her something like that? 

He can't do it.

It would kill her.

 

It hasn’t passed much since the couple arrived in Italy but there was a change in Ari. A change that Taeyong had noticed and it was quite amazing. The dark cloud that once followed her, seemed to have disappeared and people are probably right when they say that sometimes one must leave a place of horror and start all over again.

***

“Taeyong?” Eunji called out.

“I’m fine, leave me alone.”

The woman frowned at his reply and shook her head. “I can’t do that. Talk to me.”

Taeyong shrugged his shoulders and mumbled something unclearly.

“I’m waiting.”

“She’s running away!” He snapped. “She’s a coward!”

Eunji looked at her son and placed her hand on his shoulder. “It’s not what you think, Tae.”

The boy huffed. 

“There are things Ari doesn’t talk about,” Eunji said. “Just give her some time and you’ll see. She doesn’t hate you or any one of us, she just needs a new start. No, she is not running away. You don’t understand it now, but you will someday, now let’s go to the airport. She’ll be sad if you don’t wish her good luck.”

Taeyong sighed. 

***

At that time, Taeyong didn’t understand her actions or why she wanted to leave everything behind. He thought that she was a coward. He thought that she was just being stupid and running away. He thought she grew disgusted with him. It's all just a misunderstanding. His mother explained to him what was the case. Every word she was was true.

He regrets the fact that he didn’t talk to her often or that he didn’t go to Italy with the others to see her, but it’s all in the past. She was back. Was she different? Yes. Italy helped her and she was able to reduce the level of stress she felt before. Her outbursts of anger had stopped and she was able to deal with the human touch, to a certain level. Of course, she is still struggling, but the improvement is there.

They might have had their ups and downs in the past, but she managed to open up to him and tell him what was bothering her. He couldn’t blame her for her fear though. Her father was an evil man. She had seen things she should have never seen. Heard things that she should have never heard. He had raised his hand at her. It all left a trace.

***

“You can’t judge a person without knowing their story,” She said, looking into the distance as she leaned over the rail.

Taeyong sighed. “You never even tried to explain yourself… so…”

“It’s not easy to witness your mother getting beat up, insulted, and just abused in ways you can’t imagine,” Ari continued. “It’s not easy when your own father throws you down the stairs because you have been crying or you have a cold. I might have been young, but I remember things, I shouldn’t. They are engraved in my mind.”

He listened.

“All men are nice, at first… but they change over the years,” She looked at him. “I am not saying all men are the same… but it’s alright to be careful.”

***

The moment they started talking more and opening up to each other, was the moment things changed between them. Ari learned to trust him. They finally began to enjoy it until faith brought the ghost of the past he tried to forget. And to suppress.

Lee Seun.

The guy who was his biological brother. A guy who now is after his friends and family. Now his parents are seeking God knows what and they tried to scare Eunji, who handled everything the right way. Social workers proved that his biological parents can't look after him properly and that both of them are mentally unstable. 

For, his brother, they had one description. An unhealthy toxic sibling relationship that could almost have lethal consequences is not to be ignored. 

That's why he was in the orphanage, it was salvation in his case. Their bringing him there was the only good thing they had done as parents. Now, they tried to scare his mother and father. His parents however scared them back. They had no grounds for suing and after that, they never sued again. Or called. 

Seun?

He knew he was lurking somewhere out there, waiting for the chance. He knew Seun better than anyone else. He's smart and unpredictable. He's not to be messed with. Jessica's case still scared him but he admired the way she handled it. Despite having her own personal drama she was a fighter. 

Still. 

He's scared. 

For Ari. 

For Eunji, Jongin and little Hana. 

For ma Areum and pa Baekhyun. 

For grandmother Eungene. 

For uncle Chanyeol and aunt Luna. 

Mostly Jieun. 

He always has night terrors. Ari was helping him to forget but he hasn't told her what's exactly in them. How do you tell your girlfriend you are dreaming of her death?

***

“Want to talk about it?” Ari softly said, gently patting his back.

He took a deep breath. "No. I can't talk about it. It's... I want to forget."

She nodded and hugged him. “It’s alright, baby. It’s alright.”

He hugged her tightly around her waist, burying his face into the crook of her neck, taking her in. She closed her eyes and hummed a gentle tune.

***

How does he tell her that in his dream she is killed over and over again? How does he tell her that Seun is her killer? How does he tell her that everyone is mourning her? He can’t do that. He can’t bring himself to do that. It would kill her. It would make her worried about him. It would make her sad and he doesn’t want that. He doesn’t want to be the reason for her worries.

He wanted her to smile and be happy. For him, her happiness was the most important thing and he’ll do anything to make her stay satisfied. That was his mission. That was his promise.

“Babe?” Ari called out. “Are you alright?” 

He blinked. "Oh, yes, yes. I am. And you?"

“I am,” She smiled. “You seem distant, that’s why.”

He wrapped his arm around her and kissed her lips tenderly. "This is distant to you?" He teased.

She chuckled. “Nope,” She hugged him and kissed him back. “Ready for a video chat with ma and pa?”

"Yes! I want to brag about the lovely resort room we got," he winked.

She couldn’t help but giggle at his words. “Dad did say you’ll love it.”

"How can I not? It's literally looking at the old home of Sforza. Jessica chirped my brain about it, so I researched," he grinned.

“Mine too,” Ari admitted. 

"Okay, okay. You too!" He poked her sides playfully.

She chuckled and poked him back. “Let’s go. They should be up by now.” 

The two sat down at the table and Ari opened Skype and called her parents, waiting for them to answer and they did.

“Sweetheart!” Baekhyun grinned and waved.

“Sweetie, how are you?” Areum asked. “Tae darling!”

“I am doing great,” Ari smiled. 

He grinned. "Hi pa and ma! How have you been?!" 

"Great. How do you like your resort room?" Baekhyun smiled.

“Everything to your liking?” Areum asked. 

"I adore it! A room fit for a Duke of Milan," Taeyong winked.

Ari chuckled. “Yeah.”

"Told you he'll like it," Baekhyun said to his wife.

Areum grinned. “You were right. Have you kids searched for an apartment?” 

"We planned to do that tomorrow, but we did search for some apartments online. Right, baby?"

Ari smiled and nodded. “We have and there are some of them we want to check out.” 

"There's one we both like, it's right in the Pop Valley, beautiful place and location," Taeyong said. 

"Let us know how it goes," Baekhyun grinned. “And don’t worry about the cost of it. It’s on us, right love?”

“Right,” Areum smiled. “Your only task is to enjoy.”

“Mom, dad…” Ari mumbled. 

"How are you, ma?" Taeyong asked.

“I am doing alright, mostly resting at home,” Areum said.

“She doesn't fly anymore, nor do I allow her to work hard,” Baekhyun said.

“Thank you, dad,” Ari smiled. “I was worried.”

"No texts, no calls, really?" Ilhoon said, suddenly walking in. "I'm offended."

Ari chuckled. “I could say the same for you! Yah!” 

"You are the youngest! Yah!"

Ari frowned. “What are you, 5?” 

The male grinned. "I always become a kid around you," he shrugged. 

“You don’t say…” She stuck her tongue out. 

He stuck his tongue back. 

"Are you two done?"

“He started it, right Tae?” Ari blinked. 

Baekhyun chuckled. "You two will never change..."

“Never,” Areum laughed slightly.

The four of them continued to talk for some time in the process helping Taeyong forget about his fears and worries.
 


Meanwhile, back in Korea…


“Flight Air Ko 332,” Nari spoke over the radio. “Reduce your altitude and prepare for landing. Runway 3A, east.”

“Copy!” The pilot from the other side said.

Nari relaxed in her chair, watching the screen in front of her. It was a hectic day today and there was a lot of air traffic going on. Thankfully, the airport was big enough for all of them, but still. take-off and landing needed to be done quickly so that they could taxi off the runway and decrease the hold time. The fewer delay

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter