Pan-Pan - 12

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



Evil always thinks it can get away with it. 

But can it really? 

Think again. 



​​​​​​It was another day at the Byun household, but unlike the others, this day was a bit special. Their loved ones were coming over and they were both very excited about it. They were looking forward to telling them the news about the pregnancy. Aside from Eunji and Baekhyun no one else knew, so that’s why made the news even more special.

“Babe?” Baekhyun called out.

“In the kitchen!” Areum replied as she took the hotdog rolls out of the oven.

Baekhyun walked in and smiled as he spotted his wife. “Babe, I thought I told you to order the food. You shouldn’t have bothered with it.”

“I know the kids love it, so I want to make it for them,” She smiled, covering the rolls with a clean cloth. “Other food is ordered and it should arrive in about 20 minutes or so. Did you prepare the living room and the dining room?”

He nodded and walked up to her, hugging her from behind. Baekhyun kissed her neck and leaned his chin on her shoulder, gently patting her stomach. For the past 7 years of their marriage, there was nothing but happiness between the two. Baekhyun stayed the same loving man he was back then and there wasn’t a day when he wouldn’t do something for her, even with a small surprise. She didn’t ask for it, but he wanted to do it.

He cherished her and treated her as a queen, but then again in his eyes she was his queen and he wasn’t ashamed of saying that out loud. If they had disagreements they would solve them in their own manner, with no tension and no screaming at each other. The conversation was the key to everything. Areum and the kids were his world, his everything and there was no one in this world who could change that. They matched each other in every possible way and talked about everything, regardless of what it was. If the kids caused trouble, they all sat down at the table and talked about it.

True, it wasn’t always easy, especially with Ari, but that was all part of her growing up. No one blamed her for her behavior or the things she said at that time. She struggled and along the way she faced situations she couldn’t cope with or didn’t know how to cope with them. But she was forgiven.

***

“Ari, sweetie… why didn’t you tell us you were bullied? Instead, we hear it from Taeyong…” Baekhyun spoke.

Ari was silent.

“Ari-”

“Leave me alone! You’re not my dad!”

***

Did her words hurt him? No.

Why? Because he knew that she didn’t mean it.

In anger, people tend to say things they don’t mean. Ari was no different. She loved her mom and Baekhyun, but it was hard for her to express herself at times. It was understandable as she went through a lot. She had seen things she shouldn’t have. She had heard things she shouldn’t have. All that left a trace on her… a deep scar that she was still struggling with it, even though she tries to hide. Baekhyun was no fool and neither was Areum. They saw right through her. She was an open book to them.

Was it as bad as before? No, not really.

So, in a way, they could sigh in relief, as it was an improvement.

As for Ilhoon, he wasn’t much of a rebel nor did he cause a lot of trouble. He was more of a calmer person and he preferred to deal with things in a calm way. No arguments. No fights. No screaming. He was the type of brother who gives the biggest moral support. He was a son that always was there for his parents and there were no secrets with him. He always came clean about the things he did. If he screwed up, he screwed up. It was as simple as that.

“What time is it?” Areum asked, bringing him back to reality.

He blinked before letting go of her and looking at his wristwatch. “A quarter to 10.”

“We should get dressed,” She smiled. “You’re still in your PJs.”

He chuckled. “Let’s go.”

He took her hand and the two left. 

*

They all gathered in the living room, waiting for Areum and Baekhyun to join them, giving them a chance to chit-chat. It wasn’t unusual for them to have such gatherings, but what was unusual was that it was on Friday. Eunji knew something but she refused to say a word and neither one of them could get a word out of her.

“Eunji,” Luna pouted. “You really won’t tell us?”

"It's not my place to say," she winked.

Just as Luna was about to say something, Areum and Baekhyun joined the crew. Both smiling from ear to ear.

“Welcome!” Baekhyun said. “Thank you all for coming. I know that we all usually have personal things we do on a Friday, but my wife and I have an announcement to make and we wanted to celebrate with you.”

“Byun Baekhyun!” Jongin pouted. “Out with it! Curiosity is killing us!”

Areum couldn’t help but laugh. “You do the honors, husband.”

“We are pregnant! Well, technically she carries the baby, but yes, We are pregnant! Baekhyun grinned.

Ilhoon and Ari looked at each other and smiled brightly, running over to their parents and hugging them.

“Congrats mom!” Illhoon smiled.

“I’m gonna spoil that little one!” Ari grinned. 

Jieun squealed and ran towards them to join in the hug. "I'll get her all themed toys!" She grinned. 

Areum chuckled. “Following the tradition, huh?”

“Congrats!” Nari and Johnny jumped in.

Jongin congratulated them as well, feeling happy for his friend. He knew how much Baekhyun wanted his own child. Of course, he loved Ari and Ilhoon, but he always wanted his own as well and that was understandable. But either way, he was happy with what he had, but on the other note, his dream came true.

Chanyeol and Luna clapped for the two and congratulated them, happy for the two, followed by Eun and Junmyeon who hugged both of them.

“Congrats, sis,” Junmyeon smiled.

“Always count on our help,” Eun winked.

Surely, for everyone there, in a sea of crazy things they had heard recently, the news today made their day. It was time to hang out and be happy.

*

They all sat in the living room, chit-chatting with each other and just joking around. It reminded Ari of the old times when they would all gather and just hang out, though at that time Ari and the others were kids, so for most of the part, they would play in the garden or in Ari’s room. Such gatherings were actually common and happened almost every weekend unless they were busy.

But it was something she will always cherish and hold in her heart. Thanks to them, she laughed and smiled. Forgetting about her demons at least for a little while, so in a way, she was connected to both places. Korea and Italy. But surely, in Italy, she felt freer. Not in terms of rules, but in terms of mental freedom. It allowed her to forget all the negative things and move on, but at the same time Korea also brought back many memories… in other words, she was torn in two.

Of course, this trip would last for a month or maybe shorter and she would return back, but she was aware that there will come a time when she will tell her parents that she is not coming back, and their time of seeing each other would be limited, especially when they are busy. Sure they would text and video chat but it wasn’t the same… she sighed, catching Taeyong’s attention. 

"Baby, what's wrong?"

“I’m torn between two places…” She whispered. “It’s okay now… but I know that when the day comes and I tell them my choice…” She sighed. 

"They'll understand, Baekhyun and Areum aren't those parents who'd force you to stay. You know that," He said. "I'm sure they can sense we will stay there forever."

“I know that, but sometimes I feel like I am letting them down…” 

Taeyong frowned. "Ri... What is truly bothering you? I feel like it's something way deeper."

“It’s not… I just can’t help but wonder…” She looked at him. “Am I really running away as my doctor said?” 

"You are not running away, just because you are returning back where you feel safe doesn't mean you're running away." He said.

“I guess so…” She said, watching them all talk. “Anyway, let’s tell them about our plan.”

Ari clapped her hands, gaining their attention. “Taeyong and I have an announcement to make.” 

Others stopped talking and their attention went to the young couple before them. Taeyong looked at Ari. 

"We are going to Italy," he said, "we want to change the environment a little."

“Also we want Jessica to come with us,” Ari looked at Eunji.

"We think it's best for her at this moment, she's under stress so changing the environment would be good for her psyche." He said.

“Ma Eunji, can we make that possible?” Ari asked. 

"Leave, Mr. Shin to me, me and officer Yuki Haruma will handle him," Eunji winked.

“Thanks, Ma!” Ari grinned. “Then it’s all settled.”

“We leave this Monday,” Taeyong winked.

“I’ll take care of your flight,” Baekhyun smiled.

“Dad-”

“Darling, relax,” Baekhyun spoke. “No room for arguments." 

"I will prepare something for you three," Eungene grinned. 

"Four, mom. Mr. Shin will go after I am done with him," Eunji winked. 

"Wait. Is that the kid from your neighborhood?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yes, he's a detective now." Eungene grinned. "He always escaped from his dad's sight to eat my apple pie." 

Taeyong laughed. "We do love your pastries, nan."

“She does make the best ones!” Ilhoon grinned. 

"She made the apple pie this morning," Eunji winked.

“And for Ari, I made a cheesecake, since she doesn’t like apple pie,” Eungene winked.

“Thank you!” Ari grinned. 

"For Taeyong I made chocolate nougat cake." Eunji winked.

Taeyong grinned. “You’re the best!”

Eunji chuckled and went into the kitchen to get them, followed by Areum and Eungene who wanted to help. Nari and Jieun decided to go to the cellar and get more drinks. After a few moments, Areum and Eungene came out carrying some trays as Ari got up and went straight into the kitchen. She saw Eunji over at the counter, cutting the cake, so she approached her and hugged her from behind.

“Thank you, ma…” She mumbled. 

Eunji softened up and turned around and hugged her back. "Shall I carry you on my back like in old times, huh?" She poked her sides gently.

Ari chuckled and shook her head. “I’m too heavy for that ma!” 

"Shall we try, huh?" Eunji teased.

Ari shook her head. “Nope, not gonna happen,” She said, taking a step back.

But as she did she hit something with her back and quickly turned around only to find Jongin standing there with the cup of coffee spilled over him.

“Oops…” Ari mumbled. “Sorry!”

“It’s fine darling,” Jongin smiled. “Happens all the time.”

"I have two clutz in the kitchen." Eunji shook her head. "Ri, you sure you're okay?”

“I’m fine, ma,” Ari said. “I didn’t see him there.”

Eunji kissed her forehead. "Let's go back there, shall we? Love, change back. Okay?" She added quickly.

Jongin smiled. “I will.”

Ari looked at Eunji but followed her anyway. The two walked into the backyard and Ari hugged her arm. Eunji smiled and kissed her forehead. 

"Sweet little child," Eunji whispered.

Ari smiled. “How have you been recently ma?” 

"I'm alright, and you sweetie?"

She nodded her head. “I’m alright. I’m happy about mom, though. They deserve to be happy.” 

"After what your mom went through, yes. I'm glad she got over her fear. I will help Jessica as well," She said.

“I know you will,” She said. 

"How's she holding on?" Eunji asked.

“I tried calling her but she won’t answer, Taeyong did the same, but still, nothing.”

"I think she needs space, she went through a lot yesterday." She said. 

Ari nodded. "Seun has been following me."

"Tell me everything," Eunji demanded. 

"No matter where I go I see him," Ari said. "He hasn't approached me since Taeyong was there, but he's like a shadow." 

"Wear a gun with you, Ari. He's dangerous. Very vile." Eunji said in a low tone. "Seun is a bad seed."

“I know, ma,” Ari sighed. “But I am worried about Taeyong. The other night when I spent the night over at his place, he slept on the couch and I heard him get up a couple of times, checking the locks and windows.” 

Eunji looked at her son. "When he first came to us he dreamed of Seun drowning him," she said, "I'll never forget his scream. Never. Jieun was scared. Jongin calmed him down. But it was hard."

Ari’s heart clenched. “That’s what worries me… he told me things when he was drunk and now that Seun is back I see a slight change in him, so going to Italy will do him some good.” 

"As long as you two are safe..." Eunji said.

“We are, ma,” Ari smiled. “The area where I stayed is amazing.”

"What are your plans?"

“To move back to Italy… for good,” Ari said. “Once I return I will talk with mom and dad… I’m just torn between two places.”

"Don't be, sweetie. You are at an age where you need your independence. It's time to spread wings and fly." Eunji said.

Ari nodded slowly. 

"I teach my children independence, it's important for them to know their limits. And to bring decisions and choices by themselves." 

“Mom is the same… and I know that she wouldn’t mind as long as I am happy,” Ari explained. “But at the same time… they were always there for me, so why do I feel like I am turning my back on them? Or running away?”

"Because you're scared of what they'll think. I felt the same when nan Eungene and I went separate ways."

“As long as you are happy,” Areum’s voice echoed from behind them.

“We are happy,” Baekhyun said.

“No matter where you are,” Areum continued. “We will always be there to support you, but you know, birds do leave their nests.”

Ari’s eyes teared up.

“You’re a smart young woman,” Baekhyun walked up to her. “And I know that you are strong enough to deal with things that come your way, so don’t ever feel like you are turning your back on us.”

“You’re not,” Areum smiled.

"You deserved to be happy." Jieun smiled.

“As long as you are happy, we are happy,” Ilhoon and Nari said in one voice.

“Besides, it’s not like we won’t communicate at all, right?” Johnny said.

“You guys…” Ari mumbled. “You’ll make me cry!” She chuckled, blinking her tears away. 

"We were scared of how you'd take this," Taeyong said. "Especially Ari." 

“We have done our job,” Jongin spoke. “All of you are raised well and on the right path.”

“We ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter