Pan-Pan - 09

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



They put their trust and faith in them...

It was time to get prepared for the big stage...

Were they ready? 

...


When the plane landed down, he certainly didn't expect acceptance. People tend to have grudges which was proven true in his case. He's the son of one of the shareholders, and as such, they call him a privileged boy or golden boy. It used to bother him but not anymore. If there was something he learned it was that people will always talk.

If you play by their rules? You are stupid.

If you don’t play by their rules? You’re an outcast.

If you do your own thing? You’re a rebel.

If you say something? It’s bad.

If you don’t say something? It’s bad.

The point? No one can satisfy the people.

No one.

People will always talk so it was shocking that they finally after four years accepted him. They patted him on his shoulder, and send encouraging words his way. They were proud for the first time and he didn't know how to deal with it. Among the sea of people, he saw his father who smiled at him proudly. Johnny remembered what Chanyeol told him when he turned 18.

***

"Let's go for a ride, you and I, son."

Johnny nodded. 

"When I was your age, my father did this differently, he momentarily led me into his office, and began showing me what would be my future," Chanyeol told him. 

He must have talked of his father introducing him to the job and inheritance, he thought.

"Your mother and I have you only. We had none to give what we own. I trust nobody, as I trust you, son." 

Johnny was confused. "I trust you too, dad. What's up with all this?" 

He placed a hand on his shoulder. "I am giving you my shares. One day, you'll act in my stead." 

Johnny was taken aback. "Dad… Hold on... I don't... I--" 

"Son, you won't be alone. You'll have your friends with you. You will continue our legacy, like we, Baekhyun, Jongin, and I did. Yes, it’s sudden. But I trust you." 

***

Chanyeol and Luna always gave him wind in his back. There's not a moment when they gave up on him. When he misbehaved, they still were able to understand him and talk it out. They never let him out of their sight. The  Park family adored him including his parents. They all agree Johnny should be the one. 

Had Johnny declined? No. 

He'd do anything to satisfy his dad. He could see that he did and it was enough for him. But at the same time, he was worried if he would be able to do such a job. He didn’t want to let his parents down, so in a way, it caused him a bit of stress. Normal, right? Yes. Maintaining something required a lot of responsibility.

Making choices.

Dealing with problems.

Dealing with people.

Hiring.

Firing.

Teaching.

He knew that it wasn’t easy. He had seen his father, Baekhyun, Areum, and Jongin struggle at times and deal with a lot of stress and exhaustion. Late night shifts, night flights, overtime work, research, meetings, last-minute schedule changes, last-minute staff changes, classes, emergency landings, emergency flights, ATC checks, etc.

Like any job, it had its good points and bad points. It was stressful but enjoyable as well. Travel was great, seeing places, meeting new people, expanding one’s point of view, and learning something new about each country. On the other hand, it included long hours, diets, exercise, health check-ups, reports, and serious situations.

He knew it all, but was he ready for it?

He hoped.

*

“How is he?” Nari asked as she looked out the car window.

“You know your dad,” Her mother spoke from the other side. “We keep telling him he shouldn’t stress, but does he listen? No. Both Jongdae and Areum had an argument with him this morning. He is driving all of us crazy.”

“I figured that was the case since aunt Re sent me to go see him,” Nari sighed. “I’ll be there after lunch.”

“Sweetie, don’t stress about it,” Eun said. “Don’t rush because of us, we’ll be fine. See you later.”

“Send them my greetings,” Johnny smiled, focusing on the road.

“Johnny sends his greetings,” Nari said.

“Likewise,” She replied.

“See you, soon.”

“Bye!”

Nari placed her phone back into her backpack and threw it in the backseat.

“How is pa?” Johnny asked, stopping at the intersection.

“Under stress, “ Nari frowned. “He needs to relax more.”

“We’ll make him relax, babe,” He smiled. “Don’t worry.”

“Thank you.”

He took her hand and kissed her knuckles. “Where would my princess like to go?”

“Hmm,” She thought about it for a moment. “Haneul restaurant?”

“Sounds like a plan,” He nodded. “We can also take a walk in the nearby park and have an ice cream before we head to your home, huh?”

She nodded her head. “Sounds like a plan.”

He winked and took a left turn, soon arriving at the destination. It was a local restaurant with the best possible cuisine, from international to local making it even more famous. It was a place where they would also go to eat and spend time with their families and friends. From the outside, it was a one-floor traditional building that had a garden in its center. Inside it was a combination of modern and traditional combined together.

The wooden walls and tables gave it a special kind of peaceful atmosphere as the big windows proved enough brightness, while they faced the garden. The picture on the wall showed some landscapes and cityscapes in Korea. There were also a few shelves with trophies and awards on them, and a few pictures of the chefs who were owners of the place as well. The two walked inside and the receptionist there greeted them.

“Good day,” She smiled and bowed. “Welcome to Haneul restaurant.”

“Thank you,” Johnny replied and Nari bowed her head slightly.

“Where would you like to be seated?” The female asked. “Indoors or outdoors?”

Johnny looked at his girl. “What would you like?”

“Outdoors sounds nice,” Nari smiled.

“Alright, follow me please.”

The two nodded and followed the woman as she led them outside into the garden and over to a table for two that was placed under the cherry blossom. The two sat down and the woman placed the menus in front of them.

“The water will arrive shortly to take your order,” With that, she bowed and left them.

They both looked at the menu. “What would you like?” Johnny asked.

“Hmm,” Nari bit her inner cheek. “Hard to choose. What about you?”

“Same dilemma,” He chuckled. “Four cheese pizza?” He raised an eyebrow.

“With extra cheese?” She grinned.

“With extra cheese and their special sauce,” He winked.

“And salad?”

He nodded. “And dessert?”

“Lemon and vanilla ice cream?”

“Oh, yes.”

“May I take your order?” The waiter asked the moment he approached them.

“Yeah, two middle-sized four cheese pizza’s with extra cheese and the special sauce,” Johnny said as the waiter wrote it down. “A tomato salad and that would be that for now.”

“What would you like to drink?” The male asked.

Johnny looked at Nari. “Coke,” She smiled.

“I’ll have the same, but bring us the drinks now, and another round when the food arrives,” Johnny explained.

The waiter bowed slightly and with that, he walked off to get their order.

“Do you think I will do a good job?” Johnny asked, looking at Nari.

“With taking over the company in the future?”

He nodded. “Yeah…” His voice trailed off.

“I have no doubt about it,” She smiled. “What’s wrong?” What been bothering you?”

As he was about to answer the waiter brought their drinks so Johnny waited for him to leave. Once he did, Taeyong poured the coke into Nari’s glass.

“I am glad that my dad trusts me… but the fear of letting him down is eating me alive,” He whispered. “What if I fail? What if I can’t do it and I disappoint him?”

Nari looked at him ad shook his head. “Johnny, you will do great. You are good at managing things, I mean just look back at today’s events and how professional you were.”

“Really?”

“Of course, silly,” Nari smiled. “What’s with the insecurities, huh? Besides you’re not alone.”

“I know, but I just can’t help it.” He sighed.

“Easy steps will do it.”

“Thank you,” He mumbled.

“For what?”

“For support,” He smiled.

“Silly,” She chuckled softly. “Of, course I’ll support you.”

He winked and blew her a kiss, which caught, and chuckled softly. Johnny was surely happy to have her in her life. Shortly after their food arrived and they dug in, chit-chatting along the way.

*

The car parked in front of Nari’s house and the two walked inside the house. As usual, the butler was there to take their things.

“Where’s mom and dad?” She asked, taking off her shoes.

“In the office,” The ma replied and bowed, before leaving and going back to his business.

Nari walked upstairs, followed by Johnny. As they approached the office, they could hear her parents talking. Her dad was clearly stressed and she could hear her mom telling him to calm down, but did it work? Sadly, no. Her dad had a lot on his chest recently, especially with the inflation that was sadly having a big impact on his business. It wouldn’t be the first time, but every time it happens he would stress out as if there was no tomorrow.

Nari sighed, shaking her head as she knocked on the door.

“Come on!” Eun called out.

Nari reached for the doorknob and opened the door. Her parents grinned as they saw her and both of them immediatly went to hug her and of co

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter