Pan-Pan - 21

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter




Nothing is ever easy...

But it's part of life.



The long-awaited day of the trial had finally arrived and it was time for Eunji to push into full gear and get it started. That was the only thing on her mind and for both Luna and her, it was the most important case. It was a priority, everything else could wait. Everyone was involved. Every testimony was important. Every link was of a crucial meaning.

Evidence.

Names.

Video and voice recordings.

Eunji made sure to prepare everything. She wanted to nail the idiots that tried to hurt her son and his friends. No one does that and escapes without punishment. Justice is slow, but in the end, it is served, one way or another.

“Everything is ready,” Luna spoke. “Others have arrived as well.”

“Great, I’ll join you in the courtroom in a few minutes, I just need to get one more file,” Eunji explained.

Luna nodded and with that, she left. Eunji opened her drawer and took out one more file that she had prepared and packed it into her suitcase before getting up and leaving her office. It was going to be a long day, but with the help of Luna and the support of friends and family, it was going to be alright. Eunji arrived at the courtroom and walked inside.

Areum and the others looked at her, greeting her slightly as she walked passed them and sat at her seat. Luna’s nose was in some paper in front of her, as she was the one that was going to open the trial today. That was the deal between Eunji and her.

“All rise!” The office suddenly said as the judge walked in.

It was time for the action to start.
 


Taeyong sat in the small break room, drinking his coffee and looking into the distance out the window. The trial had started, but he need some time alone to connect his thoughts, so while the introduction to the case was going on, he decided to do just that. He was nervous, so he tried to calm down in every possible way that he could, but nothing worked and nothing made sense to him anymore. He thought that it was going to be easy, but that wasn’t the case. Facing his brother in court and seeing his face made him sick.

It only brought back bad memories, things he wanted and tried to forget. He was ashamed of the fact that they were blood-related and that everyone knew that. In Taeyong’s eyes, he was an evil monster and nothing else. Clenching his fists, he closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

“Babe?”

Upon hearing Ari’s voice he suddenly sat up straight. “Hey. Did the trial start?”

She shook her head. “No. I was looking for you and Ma told me you were here. You escaped.”

He sighed and patted his lap. Ari walked over to him and sat down as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

“Sorry… I didn’t want you to see me like this…”

Ari smiled softly and ran her hand through his hair. “Silly… You are not alone.”

“I thought that it was going to be easier,” He mumbled. “But it’s not.”

“I know, baby.”

“I hate seeing his face, it brings nothing but terror to me, yet I have to do it… It’s the only way to put his into jail and finish this stupidity once and for all. Same for my so-called parents.”

She listened, hugging him tightly. She understood how he felt and what he was going through, as she was well gone through the same as a child. Back then, it wasn’t easy facing Dal. It’s a roller coaster of emotions and it just gives a person a sick feeling. One would have to be in such a situation to understand, otherwise, one can only guess.

“I want to scream and grab him by the throat,” Taeyong hissed. “But I know that it would not be a solution. I would be just like him.”

“Exactly, and you are nothing like him. You are better than him. You have a kind heart and a sweet soul. You’re a great son, brother, friend, and boyfriend. We all love you very much,” She whispered. “I believe in you and I know that you can do this. It’s okay to be afraid, but keep in mind that it’s over. He can’t do anymore, okay?”

He nodded his head and smiled slightly, It was terrific how Ari knew exactly what to say and when to say it. She was his voice of reason. His oasis and heaven. Taeyong tightened the hug around her and nuzzled her. Ari nuzzled back and caressed his cheek before kissing it.

“What would I do without you?” He whispered. “Thank you, babe.”

“You got this baby!” She winked.

Instead of a reply, the two kissed. It was time to get back to the stand and nail that son of a .

*

The trial had started and Taeyong was called to the stand. Upon taking the stand he took his oath and sat down. Eunji was pointing at something in one of the files while Luna only nodded her head, while the judge waited. Seun glared at his brother, but Taeyong ignored it, looking at his mom who was now ready to proceed.

“Please state your name and age for the court,” Eunji said.

“Kim Taeyong, 23.”

“Occupation?”

“Aviation Engineer.”

Eunji nodded.

 "State in detail your relationship with the accused."

“He is my brother, but our relationship was never good,” He started. “The constant arguments, fights, lies. It was a cycle with no end. No matter what I did, it was never good enough. If he messes up, they blame me.”

Eunji pursed her lips before she glanced over at the other side. Her gaze was sharp. If her eyes could kill, the family Lee with their lawyer would be dead.

"So in their eyes, he was this perfect child. Correct?"

“That is correct.”

"According to them, other children were at fault, only their Seun had no flaws. Even if he kills another human being," Eunji said.

"Objection! Lack of proof!"

"Lack of proof, the cameras saw him, we got more than one that proves his guilt. No innocent person is afraid of the law!" Eunji argued back.

"Silence! Resume, Mrs. Kim." The judge said.

"Would you care to explain things he had done to you?" Eunji asked.

“He would call me names and try to get others to stay away from me. When I played soccer with my friends, he would throw a ball at me, and then claim that I started the fight first.”

"Was he ever violent toward you?"

“He was,” Taeyong nodded. “On many occasions, without a reason.”

"In what way he was violent?"

“Hitting me every time he gets a chance, or pushing me to the ground.” He responded. “He also attempted a couple of times to kill me by drowning me when our parents weren't looking."

"Do you believe he'd hurt you through Ari and your friends?" Eunji was blunt.

“Yes, yes he would,” Taeyong said. “I remember one time when he told me that Ari was in his way. I didn’t want to say anything, instead, I just became more protective of her. It was around the age of 15, I believe.”

"Do you believe he'd fabricate evidence and blame someone else?" Eunji asked.

"Our son wouldn't do that! He's innocent!"

"Innocent? He had killed people. He tried to kill your son whom you neglected," Eunji scoffed, "not to mention you romanized everything your son did."

"Order!"

“He is capable of doing it,” Taeyong said.

"I have no more questions, your honor," Eunji said.

*

It was the first official break after the first part of the trial and it was time to get out of the courtroom. Ari approached him and hugged his arm, making him smile.

“Let’s get some fresh air, huh?” Ari whispered.

He smiled and nodded his head. “Let’s do that.”

As the two walked toward the exit, someone spoke. 

"Keep smiling while you can," a voice spoke, "keep laughing, but I will always be the shadow that will follow you."

Ari glared at him but said nothing.

"Really? I think you are just bluffing." Taeyong raised an eyebrow, "You won't follow anyone anymore, your hands are cuffed."

"I'll kill you and your friends when I get out of here! ALL OF YOU WILL P--" 

Yuki punched him. "Not on my account. I said you'll shut up. If you say just one word, you'll be tortured."

Seun held his face and groaned. She rolled her eyes. "Drag princess away."

"You did great out there, man!” Johnny said as he approached him. 

Taeyong smiled. "Thanks." 

Jieun ran and hugged her brother. Taeyong hugged her back. "I'm proud of you, brother," she mumbled. 

"Thank you, sis." He kissed her forehead. 

"Race tomorrow?" Ilhoon winked. 

Taeyong smiled. "Sure."
 


Tick. Tock.

***

Busan, orphanage, South Korea…

"What's your name?"

She lifted her head and saw a boy standing before her. "I am Jessica." She replied in broken English.

"I'm Taeyong." He grinned.

She smiled.

"Would you like to play?!"

"Sure!"

***

She closed her eyes. Emotions began to resurface.

***

"That was fun. I like your spirit." Ari replied.

"Same, it was fun. I won't consider this a real race," Jessica winked.

"It was fun warming up." Ari winked. "Let me introduce you to others. Come!! My parents also came!"

She stopped. Taeyong looked at her. "It's okay, they know we race. They are cool. Come on."

***

Jessica gripped the sink. Her body trembled when she saw him. The attack that happened could have been lethal if Yuki or Haneul weren't around or her friends.

She slammed her fists angrily.

You are strong. You progressed a lot. Haneul gave you wings. You have the support of your friends. You are fearless.

Act like you are on illegal races.

Act like...

Red Devil.

What does the  Red devil do best? She destroys everything before her. She came out of the bathroom and headed toward the courtroom. The guard fetched her. She walked through the doors. All emotions vanished. Seun doesn't deserve any.

She walked towards the stand.

"Do you swear to tell the truth and nothing but a true?"

"I do."

"You may take a sit, Miss Jung. Defense, the witness is yours," the judge said.

"Thank you, your honor." Eunji said, "State your name to the jury and occupation."

"I am Jessica Jung and I am 20 years old, I am currently a law student." She replied.

"Brilliant one I heard," Eunji commented to lighten her up.

Jessica smiled. Others as well. She searched among familiar faces until she found him. The reason for her existence.

***

Why does she bother standing on a cold summer night? She saw lights and raised an eyebrow. A police detective, a chief, rides a bike. She didn't believe Eunji. She watched him take his helmet off. Her heart skipped a beat, she ignored it.

"Detective Shin."

He looked at her, his eyes gazing at her differently. He is disarming her. She broke eye contact.

"Look at me."

"Why?"

"Look into my eyes and you'll know," he spoke softly, his already deep voice becoming a whisper.

"Why?"

"Trust me... Jess."

She chuckled and her heel. But was stopped when he touched her hand. She froze. Electrical jolts passed through her body. His fingers gently laced through hers. She turned around.

She didn't regret it.

***

"You and Kim Taeyong met at the orphanage. Correct?"

"Yes."

"What did he tell you about Mr. Lee?" She asked.

Jessica took a deep breath. "He said his brother was their favorite, they idolized him, placing up all his achievements, and used them when someone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter