Pan-Pan - 02

🌸Blown Away🌸
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


She returned back to where it all started...

 

Ari stood before him in a flash. Her long reddish hair moved to the side, exposing one of her shoulders, as the white buttoned blouse followed her body figure, matching her black, knee-length skirt and black high heels. A light smile on her face and those hazel eyes were enough to make time stop.

Was he dreaming? No.

But it sure felt so.

“Taeyong?” She called out.

Her angelic voice pulled him back into reality. 

"Uh... It's been long since we last saw each other." 

She nodded. “Three years exactly. How have you been?” 

"Good, and you?" 

“Good,” She smiled. “Um, do you need any help?” 

He blinked. "Ah... No... I'm actually done." He smiled.

“Oh, okay… well, either way, it’s nice seeing you,” She mumbled. “I-”

“Tae!” 

He turned around, cracking a smile on his face. Ari looked over his shoulder only to find a brown-haired girl walking over to him. Her hazel eyes sparkled as she looked at Taeyong. 

“I brought you something to eat. You worked hard today.” 

“Thank you,” He said softly. 

The female placed the food down on the table, before heading straight for a hug. Ari observed as Taeyong placed his arms around the female’s waist and tightened the hug. It was more than just a friendly hug and Ari knew that. Her heart ached at the sight of it, so she just turned around and walked away.
 

 

The clicking sound of her heels echoed in the hallway as she made her way toward her dad’s office. Pushing away, the scene from earlier. She would lie if she said that it didn’t hurt and that her heart didn’t clench.

It did.

It hurt as if someone took a dagger and stabbed it into her heart.

But she had only to blame herself for it.

What did she expect?

***

“Tae!”

He turned around, cracking a smile on his face. Ari looked over his shoulder only to find a brown-haired girl walking over to him. Her hazel eyes sparkled as she looked at Taeyong.

“I brought you something to eat. You worked hard today.”

“Thank you,” He said softly.

The female placed the food down on the table, before heading straight for a hug. Ari observed as Taeyong placed his arms around the female’s waist and tightened the hug. It was more than just a friendly hug and Ari knew that. Her heart ached at the sight of it, so she just turned around and walked away.

***

She sighed and shook her head as she came to a stop. Before entering she knocked. It was late though but knowing her parents they spent hours and hours working. It was nothing new, so she knew exactly where to find them.

“Come in!” She heard her dad call out.

Cracking a smile on her face she reached for the doorknob and opened it, walking inside. Her mom and dad were sitting at the table, their noses in some papers as they went through them. They didn’t notice her at first until she cleared and decided to speak.

“I thought I told you guys to rest more, work less?” She crossed her hands across her chest and shook her head.

The two looked at her, as she caught them off guard. They blinked slowly before her mom stood up and made her way toward Ari, followed by Baekhyun.

“When did you arrive? Why didn’t you tell us?” Areum smiled, hugging her daughter tightly.

“We could have made plans,” Baekhyun added.

“I wanted to surprise all of you,” Ari smiled, hugging her mom back. “So I decided not to say a word.”

“You sure did surprise us,” Baekhyun grinned opening his arms. “A hug for your old man?”

Ari chuckled and nodded her head. “Of course.”

The two hugged and Baekhyun twirled his daughter around. “Welcome back.”

“It’s good to be back,” She smiled softly. “I missed you guys.”

“We missed you too, sweetie,” Areum said.

“We want to know all about your experience there,” Baekhyun jumped in. “Only if you are not too tired.”

“For you guys?” Ari grinned. “I am never tired.”

“Shall I order us a late-night snack?” He winked.

“What are you waiting for?” Areum grinned.

She really did miss her parents, that was for sure. Despite texting and chatting with them almost every day, the distance was still a distance. She had a lot to share and they surely had a lot of questions, she was aware of that.

After all, they worried.

*
 

It was around midnight when Ari arrived in front of her old dorm room, that she used to share with Jieun. According to her dad, the room was still theirs since Jieun would still spend her night there if there was a lot of work to be done the next morning or if she worked late into the night. Ari wasn’t in the mood to drive to her apartment, so she decided to crash there. So far only Taeyong and her parents knew she was back, as for the rest, they’ll find out soon. Knowing Taeyong he would probably blur it out to the first person he sees but that was fine.

Buzz. Buzz.

She reached for her phone and looked at the screen. Ilhoon.

(crying emoticon) You didn’t come to see me, yet you claim you miss me!

- Brother Hoon

*

Who told you? Taeyong? I wanted to surprise you. Stop being a drama queen. -_-

- Sister Ri

*

Hmph! -_-

- Bother Hoon

Ari chuckled before typing a reply.

Lunch tomorrow? I brought your favorite sweets from Italy! <3

- Sister Ri

*

Yes! I WANT THEM NOW! (crying emoji 4x)

-Brother Hoon

*

You big baby! You’re getting them tomorrow. (sticking out tongue emoji 5x)

- Sister Ri

*

Meanie (pout emoji)

- Brother Hoon

*

It’s late, you’ll get hyper and you know what happens when you are hyper. It’s worse than being drunk, in your case.

- Sister Ri

*

I’ll have my revenge. -_-

- Brother Hoon

*

I love you too.

- Sister Ri

*

-_-

- Brother Hoon

The automatic sign of the main door opening indicated that her best friend is coming back home. Jieun walked in with hands full straight to the kitchen not noticing Ari there. Ari grinned the moment she saw her friend and put her bag down.

“JiJi!” She giggled. 

Jieun jumped and turned around. "RIRI! OMG, OMG!" 

She ran and jumped into her arms hugging her tightly. Ari chuckled and hugged her friend tightly.

“The one and only!” Ari said.

"It's so good to see you!" Jieun mumbled, then she poked her, "YAH! Why didn't you call I could have picked you up?!" 

“First, I wanted to surprise you guys, second there is no need to pick me up since I landed at our airport,” She winked. 

"Very smart," Jieun winked, "I'll start the food momentarily. Have you seen others?" 

“Mhm,” She nodded. “Taeyong and my parents. I actually already ate with my parents, so please, JiJi, don’t bother much.” 

Jieun nodded. "How did it go with Taeyong?" 

Ari her dry lips. “Fine.”

Jieun raised her eyebrow. "Just fine?"

“Yeah, a small chit-chat, and then his girlfriend appeared, so I walked off.”

Jieun then felt it. She smirked. "You and small chit-chat don't go with each other. So, why do I sense jealousy radiating out of you?"

“Because I am,” She mumbled. “But what did I expect? The guy moved on.”

Jieun was amused. "What do you plan to do about it?"

“I don’t know,” She shrugged. “I don't go around ruining relationships.”

"You call that a relationship? HA!" Jieun laughed hard, "You haven't lost your sense of humor.”

Ari frowned. “They were intimate enough if you ask me.”

"If it's a hug, just because it's a hug doesn't mean they are intimate, I hug a bear or Ilhoon or whoever, or you, yet we don't date." She raised an eyebrow. 

“Not when his hand was around her waist, a bit lower than it should be,” She narrowed her eyes.

Jieun smirked. "Your Capricorn failed to see that two acted like best friends? Or perhaps he's trying to convey the message to finally do something? He is playing smart." 

“Must we be too complicated?” Ari pouted. 

Jieun chuckled. "I told you so."

“How have you been?” She changed the subject.

"Not gonna work with me, Byun Ari. I may be the youngest, but that trick could have worked when I was 6, not now.”

“What do you want me to say? That I freaking miss him and that seeing another girl in his arms felt like some stabbed me in the heart?” Ari sighed.

"You could have avoided all this. You could have told him the truth," Jieun said.

“You know my state back then, and you know the trouble I caused. I didn’t talk about that.”

"Yes, but if he knew he'd understand. And he'd never turn into another Dal," Jieun bluntly said, "forget that he ever existed, he's in past. Gone. Don't let that fear lead you through life. Yes, he's a monster. But, you are Byun, and your dad is Baekhyun. Dal is dead. No man is like him."

“I know,” Ari spoke. “That’s why I moved away, so I can recover. I needed to escape, and now I am back.” 

“Escaping never is good. It haunts you. You can forget for a while and it starts coming back," she says, "Again, you could have been honest wit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter