Her Dreams And His Worries

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]12[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Her Dreams And His Worries[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"Ahhh!" Sora shut her eyes tightly.

"Open your eyes!" She shook her head. "It's not that scary... please!"

"No! Never! I'm afraid, Baekhyun. I've never done this before! Let's stop. Huh?"

The professor sighed. Who in hell told him to teach Sora driving? Uh, right. That was Jongdae, Mr. Genius. "Darling... just try it once. For me."

"I told you I hate to drive a car! Why are you forcing me?" She pouted.

"Ah... you are twenty years old for heaven's sake! You can get a driver's license! Your family owns lots of cars,won't it be a shame if you won't be able to drive one of them?"

She rolled her eyes. "I know this is your excuse so we can spend time with each other, without Emma."

He looked out of the window. "Who says that?"

"Who says that?!" Sora shouted, making him close his eyes. "You don't want to spend time with me?"

"I didn't mean that..." He mumbled.

The blonde took a deep breath. "So what?"

"I... I... I am trying to teach you how to drive. Why should you think about it as an excuse when we actually live together?"

She opened the door to get out of the car. "Then spend time alone!" 

He got her wrist. "Sora, you have to overcome your fear. I know, it's because of your father... but, it's not sensible! You must learn."

She sobbed, biting her lower lip. "I'm scared."

"You don't have to be... I'm here. If anything happens, I'll be here. I'll take care of you. Ok?"

The medical student looked at him. Her confidence was back. She nodded and started the engine. "Let's do this." 

"Now slowly... press the gas pedal."

"Which one is that?"

Baekhyun close his eyes and sighed. "Sora, I told you this ten minutes ago. There! It's there, under your foot! The right side."

"Ok... don't get angry." She did as he said and the car suddenly accelerated. 

"Slow down! Stop!" The professor shouted. "Press the brake pedal! Yah!"

"What? Which one?" She asked, looking afraid. 

"Aish..." He was fast enough to apply the hand brake before they hit somewhere. The car circled with a loud noise. The street they were in was quiet and empty, but still, that was dangerous. "Sora!"

"Don't shout!" She looked away. "I was afraid! I told you I can't!" She got out of the car. 

He massaged his forehead before getting out. "Honey..." Baekhyun walked to her slowly. "Are you crying?" He wiped her tears away. "Sorry... I scared you." He pulled her into his embrace and caressed her back. "It's ok... it's ok. That was my fault."

"Let's stop practicing."

He pulled away. "For today, yes; but we are going to practice some other time. Promise?"

"Fine..." Sora went to the passenger seat. "Can we go somewhere?"

"Nowhere is open, Sora." He got in the car and she did so. 

"Baekhyun..." She looked at him cutely.

"Ok... I swear your cuteness will be the death of me." He whispered, making his girlfriend giggle. "Let's go to Bugak Skyway, huh?"

"I love it!" She clapped. "Let's go! Let's go!"

Baekhyun chuckled. It was the second week of their dating and she was showing the side of her he hadn't seen before. He sometimes couldn't tell if Sora was 20 or 2 years old.

■□■

"Haha, ridiculous. Now we are here just to catch Hyuna and Dawn... seriously, guys! You think it's easy to arrest new version of Bonnie and Clyde?" Jungkook nagged as they were waiting in the bar. "Here is empty! They will get sus- ah!"

Sehun started speaking after knocking the younger's head. "First step to become a successful detective is patience. Second one is listening to your seniors. Third one is to keep quiet and fourth one is-"

"Shut up, Oh Sehun!" The Thai girl put her head on the table and closed her eyes. "He is a kid, don't bother him."

"I asked Chief!" Jungkook claimed. "You are just two years older!"

"You know what is important?" Jaehyun asked him and he shook his head. "Here," The elder pointed at his head. "This will show how old you are. For Lalisa, that is much older than you. So please be quiet."

Kyungsoo chuckled. "Good point."

"Hyungs!" He pouted.

"There they are. Shh!" Sehun whispered. 

Hyuna walked to a table with a black bag in her hands and sat there slowly. Her husband sat in front of her and looked around suspiciously. "Chou Tzuyu!" She shouted. 

The bar owner ran to them and bowed. "Good evening ma'am, sir. Welcome." 

Dawn nodded. "Tzu, Hyuna has told you that we have a special guest today, right?"

"Yes. Everything is ready." She said, fixing her mask.

"But, what are those doing here?" He pointed at the cops.

Tzuyu looked at them with terrified eyes. "Those are... are... well," She looked back at him. "Here is a bar, I can't throw my customers out."

"You have to do so." Hyuna spoke, taking off her mask. "Things might get dangerous tonight and I'm sure you don't want your customers to get hurt or even worse, to be killed."

"There she is." Dawn stood up. A woman with four of her gang walked in. "Hello Jessi-ssi." He bowed.

The woman threw her black mask away. "You brought the goods?" She sat on a chair.

"Yes, we just need to-"

"The money is here." She pointed at one of her members and he opened a bag full of dollars. "If your drugs will satisfy my customers, I will sign that contract."

"Sure it will, Jessi." Hyuna gave her a fake smile. 

Meanwhile, Jungkook clenched his fist. "What the hell are they doing?" He whispered. 

"Act natural for God's sake!" Sehun replied. 

"But they are trading drugs and we are cop-" Kyungsoo covered his mouth, but it was too late. 

Hyuna heard them and stood up, taking out her gun. "I knew there was something wrong..." She whispered, glaring at Tzuyu. 

"Hyuna, you said here is safe! This was not what we talked about!" Jessi shouted as she took out her gun.

"It will solve. I need five minutes to kill them all." She held her gun to Lalisa's head, smirking at the men looking at her in surprise. "We will go out and she will survive, what do you say, Korea's Sherlock Holmes?"

"Long time no see..." Sehun stood up, making eye contact with his fearful colleague. The Thai girl nodded as she tried to keep calm. "You don't know what you are doing, do you?" He looked up at Hyuna.

"Of course I-" The sound of shooting cut her sentence and three of Jessi's men fell on the ground. 

Kyungsoo stood up and pointed the gun at her. "This place is surrounded by the police already... you better surrender peacefully."

"You ing liar!" Jessi shot Hyuna in arm before running out with the money and her last member. 

"Hyuna!" Dawn ran to his wife, still pointing at the cops with his gun. "You ok?"

She looked at him. "You should run away!"

"I won't leave you..."

Jaehyun grabbed Hyuna's gun and pointed it at her after standing up. "Oh... what a romantic scene... but you know, I hate these lovey-dovey things among criminals. Game's over!"

Dawn smiled bitterly before throwing his gun away. "Dawn!" His wife shouted.

"This way is better... for three of us." He sighed. 

"Yes, such a good decision." Kyungsoo said. 

Meanwhile, Jessi was running that her way was blocked by a girl standing there, playing with her gun as if it was a toy. "Hello," She said. "I'm Park Sooyoung, but my English name is... Joy. Have you heard about that famous Interpol officer in U.S? Her name is J.Park... somehow resembles Joy Park."

"Sh*t! End her Sungmin!"

"No. No." Hyoseob put his gun to his head. "No one will mess with my girlfriend." 

The officer chuckled at her boyfriend's sentence. "I will make sure that they'll put you in our most luxurious prison." Joy pushed them inside the bar.

"We got them..." Hyoseob announced and the cops turned to them. 

"Good job!" Kyungsoo said, satisfied. "Thumbs up!"

"A step closer to the King!" Sehun clapped. "Just let me interrogate them!" He raised his hand. 

"They are all yours." The Jaehyun replied as he handcuffed Jessi and Sungmin. "You ok, Ms. Chou?"

"I'm fine... I just need to repair things."

"Don't bother, we will do so." He said. "As a thank you, because you helped a lot."

"Guys, where is Jungkook?" Joy asked out of blue.

"Where is he?" Sehun looked around.

"I don't know..." Lalisa said. 

"Oh... what if he is injured?" Kyungsoo ran his fingers through his hair. "Oh my dear God!"

Jungkook who was hiding under the table, stood up. "Is everything finished?"

"Jungkook!" 

"Seriously? You are a police officer! How could you hide during an operation?!" Hyoseob shook his head. "Is he our colleague for real?"

"This kid is more coward than a cat!" Lalisa rolled her eyes. "Let's go..."

■□■

Sora took her mask off and breathed deeply. "So beautiful! I love to look at the sky at twilight..." She gazed at the stunning view, smiling. "Just look at the colors, Baekhyun... this whole thing is a masterpiece, isn't it?"

"Yeah..." He pulled her closer to himself. "I love coming here... I've brought Emma many times." The professor whispered. "But, my favorite is not the sky, it's... the people."

"The people?!"

"Yes... from here, people seem too small." He sighed as he took off his mask. "It makes me think... why can't we, these small creatures, just live in peace? Love each other as if there is no tomorrow? Take care of each other? Why can't we help one another? What is this power and money that we are always fighting for?"

"That's... philosophical."

"And it reminds me the reason I was born... at least, I realize I wasn't born to hurt people. I was born to be a professor and use my knowledge in an acceptable way."

Sora looked up at him, he was more adorable while giving speech about those topics. "I'm proud of you..." She blurted out. 

"Are you?" He chuckled.

"Or maybe I'm proud of myself for dating you." She giggled. "Yes, you are a good man."

"So..." He turned to face her. "Can we... be more official?"

"Huh?" The blonde blushed and dropped her gaze. "What are you talking about..." 

"Us..." Baekhyun cupped her face and captured her lips with his. Sora lost her balance, so she leaned on the fence behind her. Putting her hands around his neck, she gave him the permission to deepen the kiss. Time stopped for some moments, Sora's cheeks were becoming more red since she was experiencing her first one. They were too focused on each other that the rest of the world seemed blurred around them. Small snowflakes started falling as Baekhyun kept and biting her lower lip. He smiled against her lips, satisfied with himself; after thirteen years of no kiss experience, the professor expected it to be too awkward. Though here he was, kissing his girlfriend under the first snow. "I love you..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter