Fear And Confusion

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]08[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Fear And Confusion[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"I need you. I need you more than anyone else, Sora."

The blonde girl held her breath. She didn't know what to say or how to react. She didn't even know what he meant by that sentence. Suddenly, Roseanne's words came to her mind. 


He likes her.
Loves her.
A strong feeling of affection.
Combined with ual attraction.
Who is he?
Liar...


"I think I like us to be more-"

Her eyes widened and she moved her hand out of his. "I... need to go to a market." She cut his sentence, standing up. "To... buy chamomile tea."

Baekhyun looked up at her as he wiped his eyes. "Wha-what?"

"Chamomile tea. It's good for Emma." She walked out of the kitchen and covered her cheeks. "He didn't mean that way. He didn't..." She whispered as she took her overcoat and mask. "He didn-"

"Sora..."

"Y-Yeah?" She turned to him as she gulped. 

"You forgot your hat. It's cold." He covered her ears with the hat and then took a lock of her hair between his fingers. "Come back soon." She nodded quickly and ran out of the house. "She's really cute..." He giggled as he made his way to Emma's room. 

Baekhyun peeked in, she was sleeping peacefully. He tiptoed in, sat on the floor and started staring at her beautiful face. He remembered the very first moment when he saw her and held her tiny body in his embrace. "You're growing up fast. Are you going to leave daddy when you become a grown-up woman?" He murmured. 

■□■

"Thank you sir." Sora picked the chamomile tea box after paying for it and walked out of the store. She took her phone to call her brother-in-law. "Hello Jaehyun oppa?" 

"Hey Sora! What's up?"

"I... want to tell you something. Is unnie around you?"

"No, I'm out." He replied. "What's that?"

"My mom... is... she's gone."

"Where?"

Sora rolled her eyes. Was he a real detective or what?! "To heaven. She passed away around a week ago, because of Corona virus." He didn't say anything. "Oppa, are you there? Hello?"

"You... are lying, right?" He whispered, shocked. "Right Kang Sora?"

Sora frowned. "Why would I lie about my mother's death?! I went to churchyard in the morning! Her grave is next to dad's! Why should I lie, you stupid Jaehyun?!" She broke into tears. "Take... care of unnie. Don't let her know... about it."

"S-Sora..."

"Yeah?"

"I... I th-think it's t-too late." He stammered.

"What do you mean?" 

"I got to go. Hyung, turn back. We are going to churchyard."

Sora gasped. "What? Where? Where are you oppa? Aren't you in Japan?" 

"Bye Sora."

■□■

Seulgi stared at the gravestone blankly. "Lee Chae Rin?" She read the details written on the gravestone. "No..." She sat down slowly. "It's not her..." Seulgi took her phone out and dailed her mother's number. "Answer..." She sobbed. "Answer my call, mom! This is not yours! I can't believe this..." The sudden shock made her feel dizzy, her vision was blurred. Seulgi put her hand on her head. "You are alive... I know you are..." She fell on the ground in a faint. 

Jaehyun got out of the car and looked around the place. His eyes caught a lady on the ground. "Seul!" He took her in his embrace. "Seul... Seulgi.... look at me! Noona! Seulgi-ya!"

Joy and Hyoseob ran to him. "Stand up, let's take her to a hospital!" 

"Hyung... my family...." He started crying.

"Pull yourself together!" Joy shouted at Jaehyun. "Let's go."

■□■

"Where are we?"

"A place where addicted people live... even though what they do is not actually living..." Lalisa answered. "Who added this kid to our group?"

"I'm not a kid-ahhh!" Jungkook screamed when a junky grabbed his ankle. "Lalisa noona! Help me! Ah, let go crazy man!"

"Please... give me money..."

The young office stared at him in fear. "Noonaaaaaa!" He burst out. 

She rolled her eyes and continued walking. Kyungsoo went back to him. "Just move your foot. They don't have the energy to do something with you..." He said blankly.

Jungkook did as he said and the man fell aside. He looked around, a half-built building which was too dark and cold. Somehow like houses in horror movies where zombies had attacked. "Here is scary..."

"What is Hun doing here? Researching?" Lalisa asked. "Sir! I'm talking..."

"Let me focus, Lisa." He walked closer to a junky. "Nah..." He shook his head. 

"What are you searching for?" Lalisa ran, following him. "Mister? Chief!"

"Stop please! Would you?!" Kyungsoo shouted as he walked to another man. He kicked his . "Wake up, Sehun!"

The girl's eyes widened. She went to the man who was laying there and removed the thin cloth. "Hello Lalisa..." Sehun smiled at her. His hair was long and his face was dirty, but still he had that bright handsome face. "How are you?"

She grabbed him by his collar. "You ing man! How do you call yourself a police?! I was searching for you this whole time! Where the hell were you?!"

"You missed me?"

"Shut up! You are wasting your awesome brain in this ty place amongst some junkies!" She paused. "Wait a minute, are you a drug addict now?!"

"Worried about me, aren't you?" He grinned, but soon his grin disappeared when the Thai girl punched him in face. "Ouch!"

Jungkook hid behind the police chief. "Is that the way they fight?"

"Yeah... that is... only the start. Let's go home Lisa. He will be tested for drugs." Kyungsoo left with his hands in his pockets and Jungkook followed him after glancing at the two.

■□■

Sora ran in the hospital while talking to Jaehyun on the phone. "Which room you said? Aha! Ok. I'm there... fine, fine... see you."

"How was she?" Junmyeon asked, running  with her.

"I don't know!" She opened a door and went in. "Oppa!" 

"Jaehyun!" Junmyeon called angrily. "You should have told us about your returning to Korea." 

"Um... it was a secret mission. I didn't want to risk your lives." He looked down at his feet. 

"Risk our lives?!" The lawyer asked in disbelief. "You promised me not to take part in dangerous missions! Remember?"

"Well... sorry."

"Stop this, stop. How is my unnie?" Sora cut their useless conversation and walked to Seulgi who was on bed. "Are they all right?"

"Yeah...fortunately both of them are fine. I was so scared that we'd lose our son." He replied, smiling. "She's really strong."

"Thank God." Sora whispered before noticing Seulgi's eyelids' movements. "Unnie?"

"Oh... honey?" Jaehyun leaned closer to her.

She opened her eyes slowly and looked around. "Where am I?" She mumbled. "So-Sora? Is this you?"

The younger sister took off her mask. "Yeah... look at me, unnie. It's your little sis."

"I missed you..." She caressed her cheek, wiping her tears away. "My vanilla ice cream..."

"Unnie..."

She turned to her husband. "Would you help me to sit up?"

He nodded. "Of course darling." He took her arm and helped her to do so. "Are you comfortable like this?"

"Thank you honey..." She sniffed. "Sora... is mom... is mom gone?" Seulgi's voice was trembling which made the people in the room scared. She had just passed a sudden shock and they didn't want her to experience it again. "Tell me the truth." 

Sora closed her eyes and nodded slowly. "Sorry unnie... I didn't want you to be upset. Uncle and I hid it because... because we were afraid of telling you that sudden news." She broke down in tears. "I'm sorry Seulgi unnie..."

"My mom..." The elder sister started crying. "My beautiful mom... my pretty mom..." She wailed. "She is gone... she left us alone..."

"Seul, don't cr-"

"Shh..." Junmyeon stopped Jaehyun. "Let her be free... it will be bad if she holds back her tears. Let her express her mourning."

Sora hugged her sister tightly to feel her warm embrace after a year. It was wonderful that the long distance between them wasn't able to hurt their sisterhood. "It's just you and me now... in this vast world." She whispered in her ear. "Unnie, I'm happy that you're here by my side. I was so afraid alone."

Seulgi pulled away and wiped her eyes. "Where do you live? At home, right?"

"Home? We don't have a home anymore." Sora looked at Junmyeon for more explanation and the couple turned to him.

"Well... why are you looking at me like that?!" He complained. 

"Uncle?!" The girls pouted.

"Ok. Long story short, Jiyong faked your mother's signature and now says the house and all Chaerin noona had is his." The couple gasped. "But don't worry. I sued him, I will get back all of your wealth."

"Good. Then where do you live now?"

"I rented a safe place... but I can't take you there."

"It's ok... we have to stay somewhere else. My colleagues are outside in their car. We live with them."

"Oh..." Sora whispered. "So we can't meet too much."

"Exactly." Seulgi said sadly. "But we can call each other. Don't worry... I'm not planning to leave you anymore." 

"Um... Sora." Junmyeon checked his wristwatch. "Time to go... I have to go to Minjeong and take you home too, your place is far, you know?"

The girl looked at her older sister and got a nod from her. "Ok. Let's go. Call me unnie, bye bye." She ran out.

"Stay safe and don't do crazy things!" Junmyeon told the younger man before saying goodbye to Seulgi.

■□■

There was a long silence in the house. Jungkook was sitting on a chair and looking at his sister in disgust. "Seriously, couldn't you go to a lab? It's too disgusting to do such a test at home!"

"It's just a drugs test, Kookie." Kyungsoo cursed himself mentally for forming such a stupid group.

"But it's his pee- ouch!" He looked up and saw Sehun who knocked his head.

"It's called urine, kid." He said with his poker face expression. 

All that time, Lalisa was staring at Somi who was examining Sehun's test carefully. "Unnie?"

"Hmm?"

"What will you do if he is addicted?"

"Probably kill him." She said coldly.

Somi glanced at her and then continued her job. "Isn't that too much? He is just... your partner in solving some crimes."

"He must not waste his intelligence like this." Lalisa said. "I thought they call him Sherlock Holmes, since he is cold and smart like him. But it's also

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter