Mister, In The Shadows

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]13[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Mister, In The Shadows [/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

"And then Mr. Kim asked me to sing something for them. Not because he hadn't watched my audition video! But because he enjoys my voice." Emma was explaining every single second of her meeting excitedly. 

"Seriously?" Sora asked, while washing the dishes.

"Of course! Dad was there too! Right dad?" She said with a louder voice so her father could hear her.

Baekhyun was sitting on couch and staring at the TV screen. He was deep in thoughts. His eyed were full of fear, but he was trying hard not to show that to his ladies. She had a year to the debut, nothing would happen. He kept telling himself. 

"Baekhyun-ssi!" Sora called him. 

"Yeah? Huh? Yes, yes... she is right." He didn't know what he agreed with, but that was a good way to escape from their nonstop questions. 

"Oh and I saw one of my fellow trainees! Her name was Gaeul! She kept telling me that I'm the group's visual. Seriously, am I that good to be the visual?"

"You're perfect- Oops!" A glass fell down and broke into a hundred pieces. 

Baekhyun jumped by the sound of breaking. "What is that?" He asked. "Sora? Emma? You ok?"

"Yes, we are fine!" The blonde replied and removed her rubber gloves. "Emma, don't move a muscle. You know it's risky. Huh?" She nodded. "Good, I'll clean everything-" Just the moment she leaned down, darkness fell. "Oh my! What happened?"

"Power outage it is, I assume." Emma replied. 

"Do not move, both of you!" Baekhyun said as he ran to the kitchen. "Emma, where are you?" He moved his hands in the air to find her. 

"Here!" She raised her hand towards him. 

When he felt her hand in his, he breathed a sigh of relief. "Don't move." Baekhyun walked closer slowly and picked her up. Emma wrapped her arms around his neck for support. The professor got out of kitchen and put her on the couch, then went back to his girlfriend. "Sora, you are next to the sink, am I right?"

"Yes." She replied. "Don't come here, you might hurt your feet."

"It's ok, just stay there." He walked closer. "Give me your hand- Ouch!" Baekhyun whined when he put his foot on a piece of broken glass. " it!" He whispered. 

"You ok?" Sora asked with a worried tune. "I told you not to do so!"

He just rolled his eyes, even though She wasn't able to observe his action in the dark.

"Dad?" Emma called. "Are you fine?"

"I'm ok." He said before grabbing his girlfriend's body and picking her up.

Being afraid of height, she wrapped her legs around his waist. "You will bleed more!" She pouted. "Put me down."

"Can we stay here a little?" He leaned against the cupboard so her weight wouldn't cause pain in his foot.

Her eyes widened. "Huh? For what?"

"This." Baekhyun closed his eyes and pressed his lips on hers. It hadn't been so long since the last time that they kissed. It was in the morning when he was saying goodbye to her, though he missed the way her lips tasted. Baekhyun couldn't even say how much he loved her. Just that much that he was afraid of losing her. He didn't know how she would react about his true self, but he preferred to live the moment and be happy with her. Thinking how pleasant it was to have her, he bit her lower lip teasingly and she let out a quiet moan.

Sora pulled away quickly. "Are you crazy?" She whispered. "She could hear us!"

"She can't." He hugged her tightly and walked out of the kitchen, limping. "Emma, love, you found my cellphone, or yours?" He asked when he got close to her. 

"Here is mine." She waved it in the air. "I will turn on the flashlight-"

"No, no! Wait!" He put Sora on the other side of the couch and sat between the girls. "Now do it."

"Ok..." She said as she stared at her father suspiciously. 

Baekhyun looked at the sole of his foot. "Give me some light."

Emma bent down and did as he said. "Oh my dear God! What have you done to yourself?!"

"It's my fault..." Sora knelt down in front of him and took his foot in her hands. "I will bandage it myself. Emma, do you have first aid kit here?"

"Of course we have, it's upstairs." She stood up. "I will be back." The girl ran to the stairs.

"Ah..." He whined and leaned back. "It hurts..."

"And you were kissing me in this situation..." His girlfriend shook her head in disappointment. "I thought I'm dating a mature man who can take care of me, now I realized I am the one who must take care of you, a stubborn kid."

"Sora... will you stop nagging? It makes me suffer more..." 

She climbed the couch and sat next to him again. "Does it hurt a lot?"

"What do you think?" He mumbled. 

"What should I do?" She leaned her head on his shoulder. "I'm sorry..."

"It's not your fault."

"I broke the glass."

"I said it's ok." He kissed the top of her head. "It doesn't matter, babe."

She looked up at him. Her eyes were getting used to the darkness which meant  she could see his handsome face more clearly. "You're the best." Sora whispered, her lips touching his cheek. Hearing Emma's footsteps, she pull out of his embrace and sat down on the floor again.

"Here." Emma handed her the kit. 

"Ok." She opened it and took out the tools she needed. "First, I'm going to take that glass out of your foot." She said as she wore the gloves. "It will hurt." She took the tweezers in her hand. 

"I'm ok with it." He smiled. 

"Great." She pulled out the glass immediately. 

"Ahhhh! God damn it!" He shouted in pain and shut his eyes.

"Dad, language!" Emma scolded her father. He wasn't used to curse so hearing that words, she became angry.

"Professor, you know iodine?"

"Yes. It is a chemical element with the symbol I. The atomic number is 53. It is the heaviest of the stable halogens- ah! It stings!" He whined, squeezing his daughter's hand that he was holding.

"But I meant this." She showed him a cotton bud covered in iodine. "To prevent infection." She giggled. 

It was passed midnight. Emma was sleeping on the couch while Sora and Baekhyun were sitting on another couch right in front of her. They decided not to go to their rooms and all sleep in the livingroom. "Sora,"

"Hmm?"

"Today, Emma was so happy."

She leaned on his shoulder. "Well, you finally gave her the permission to become a trainee. What else you expected? She has to be happy."

"I am so blessed to have you." He confessed all of a sudden and Sora held her breath. "I hope we can continue without any problem."

"Problem?"

"The university I mean. If they realize, they will throw both of us out."

"They won't do that to me."

"What a selfish girl I've got..." Baekhyun whispered. She giggled as she closed her eyes. The professor took a deep breath, he had to tell her himself. It would be better that way. "Sora, I want to tell you something, just don't overreact and listen till the end. It's about me and Emma. Actually Emma doesn't-" He glanced at the blonde girl. She was far away in dreamland already. "Maybe some other time..." Baekhyun moved a little and hugged her warmly. "I love you..."

■□■ 

The alarm rang, telling Sora and Baekhyun that they must get ready for their class. Baekhyun turned off the alarm and closed his eyes again.

"You have to wake up, lazy professor..." He felt his girlfriend's soft and tiny fingers on his face. "We have a class together..."

He smiled and opened his eyes. "Good morning, babe."

Sora giggled. "Good morning, hon. Did you sleep well?"

"It was awesome..."

"Good." She stood up and started stretching with eyes closed. Her red shirt rode up, revealing her milky 11-shaped abdomen. 

Baekhyun his lips unconsciously, smirking at his dirty thoughts that suddenly he realized how he was rushing things with his crazy imagination. He looked away. "Kid, your shirt." He pointed out. 

"Huh?" She looked down. "Oops!" She pulled her shirt down with blushed cheeks. "I'll make breakfast."

"Thank you." Baekhyun said before standing up. He went to his daughter and sat on the couch. The professor leaned down. "Emma, Emma... my beautiful baby..." She moved her head and turned to the other side. "Daddy's lovely daughter, rise and shine!"

"No..." Emma mumbled. 

"Future superstars' don't sleep a lot." He whispered in her ear.

She opened her eyes and sat up quickly. "You're right. I must go to Starship after school." She stood up and ran to the bathroom. 

Baekhyun chuckled. "My sweetie pie..."

■□■

"We must go to Seoul's university... there is nothing here about him." Jaehyun said as he scrolled down the page. "Literally nothing other than some scientific researchs."

"He lived in Massachusetts up to 2018." Somi read. "God, what is he doing here in Korea? That's suspicious."

"This can be with or without a reason. He may just came back to his homeland. And this one is more acceptable since he let go of his gang and the King." Sehun claimed as he gazed at Lalisa. "Where are you going?"

"Upstairs." She simply replied. "Somi, come with me. Joy unnie is upstairs with Seligi unnie." 

"Ok..." The young girl ran behind her. 

"Hyung?"

Sehun looked at Jaehyun. "What?"

"What is the thing between you two?"

"Ah... don't start." Kyungsoo massaged his forehead. "For God's sake!"

"Why tho?" Jungkook asked. "We really want to know. You two are like you want to kill each other and at the same time, it seems like you'd die for one another."

"Even Hyuna knew! Why shouldn't we? She was actually using that against you." Jaehyun said. 

"Joy said she even used it to make you angry... we have the right to know the history between you two." Hyoseob added and the other men nodded.

Sehun closed his eyes, remembering his stupid mistake. "We were classmates in university, both studying criminal justice. She was so smart that by grade skipping she could sat in the same class as me." He smiled. 

"Wait, wait. She lived in Korea?!"

"Yes, Kookie. Her mother is Korean." Kyungsoo answered. 

"We became friends, best friends." He smiled. "Then we both decided to join KNP. I got accepted, but she didn't."

"Why?" Jungkook frowned. 

"She is half Thai, half Korean. To become a member of KNP, you must be pure Korean." Jaehyun replied.

"After a year, I started working on a project, which I called, Bonnie and Clyde. It was about Hyuna and Dawn."

"That's how she knows you..."

"Lalisa became a part of Interpol, and we had to work together." He covered his face. "And I betrated her..."

"You were dating noona?" Jungkook asked.

"I said betray, not cheating, you silly..." He chuckled. "We caught them. Actually, she caught them, but I destroyed all th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter