Nightmare In Reality

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]19[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Nightmare In Reality[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

Baekhyun opened the door with a smile and the ladies turned to him. His eyes widened as he faced with that familiar face. The person who he hated the most. His nightmare. his ex. "What are you doing here?!"

"Dad..." Emma walked closer to him. "She says her name is Kim Chorong... isn't that mom's name?"

Chorong took her arm. "Don't you know me? I am your mother." She pulled her to herself. "Look at me! Mom's here!"

She shook her head. "My mom is dead. She passed away thirteen years ago."

"Emma come in the house." Baekhyun ordered. "Hurry up!" He shouted and his daughter ran in immediately. 

"Why do you shout at her? You've raised her like this all these years?" Chorong asked.

"Don't act as if you are a caring mother! If you really loved your child you must-" Baekhyun paused and looked at his shocked girlfriend. "Come in." He stayed aside, but she didn't move. "Should I repeat my words, Sora?" The blonde glanced at the woman and walked in slowly. 

"Who's she? You got married, didn't you?" Chorong asked.

"It's none of your business! off!"

"Give my child back to me and I'll leave you alone with your beautiful woman!" She shouted.

"Your child? Yours? Did you forget our past? You left her yourself! You left us! I've raised her all alone, so I will never let go of her!"

"Huh? Such a wonderful father you are! You told her that I'm dead? You haven't changed at all! An absolute liar!"

"Telling that you are dead and becoming a liar is way better than telling Emma that her mother has left her after giving birth to her!" Baekhyun fought back tears, every moment of that day was a vivid memory.

___

Baekhyun ran in the hospital's hallway with heart beating fast. He was in California when Joohyun called and told him about Chorong. He walked to the reception desk. "My..." He paused. "Kim Chorong. They... they brought her here... she's going to-"

"Let me sir..." She checked the patients' names. "Uh... she's delivered the baby. You must go to room no. 201."

"Thank you." He ran to the elevator. Baekhyun clasped his hands and started walking back and forth in the elevator nervously. He was too worried that he could die! The door opened and he walked out. The chemist's eyes looked at different room numbers, trying to find his fiancee's. "There it is." He opened the door. "Chorong, hon-" He froze, no one was there. The bed was empty. "Ch-Chorong?"

"Oppa?" Jennie walked in, with apple juice in her hand. She had her school bag with herself and was in uniform, showing she had come back from school. 

"But noona called me..."

"Ah... she had some works to do, so she asked me to stay with-" She paused and looked at the bed. "Where's unnie?"

He turned to her completely. "You don't know?" He asked. "Where's she then?"

"How should I know? She told me to buy her some fruit juice, so I went to do so. Have you checked the toilet?" She asked. Her brother went to the bathroom and opened the door. "Oppa?"

He shook his head. "Go ask nurses... isn't here a hospital? How can a patient vanish?"

"Ok..." She put the juice on the bed and ran out. 

Baekhyun looked around and sat on the chair. "Where's she?" When he leaned back, his eyes caught Chorong's bag. He took it. It was her favorite, he bought it for her birthday. "Cho..." Baekhyun whispered, biting his lower lip. He opened the bag and his eyes widened. He took out the paper. "What is this?"

 

Hey boyfriend, how are you? I'm all right. 
Byun Baekhyun, I know this is strange but I have to leave. I'm sure you know the reason. I thought about it a lot. We can't live together. Please live your life happily... goodbye forever.  P.S. I gave you back the ring. It's in the bag.


His tears dropped on the letter, making it wet. "Chorong-ah... why?" He put the letter aside and looked in the bag again. He took out the pink heart-shaped ring box. He remembered how excited he was when he bought that ring and how nervous he was when he knelt down in front of his girlfriend- ex girlfriend. 

"Oppa, nurses said they haven't seen her." Jennie walked to him. "Oppa?" She put her hand on his shoulder and leaned down to take the letter. "What's this?" 

"Sir," A nurse knocked. "I brought your baby. Where's your wife?" She asked, smiling. 

Jennie looked at her and brushed away her hair from her eyes. "She's not here now."

"Ah... ok. Congratulations on your daughter's birth. She's really beautiful."

"Thank you." Jennie bowed, faking a smile.

The nurse placed the hospital baby crib next to the mother's bed before bowing and leaving.

Baekhyun stood up and walked to his daughter slowly. He took her into his embrace. "Welcome to the world, my baby girl..." His tears wetted the infant's face. "I will take care of you myself, my whole universe..." He hugged her tightly. "My Emma..." 

Jennie covered as she sobbed nonstop. "Oppa..." She mumbled. 

Baekhyun kissed her small fingers, hoping he could forget the mother of his baby. She was gone and those remaining memories were painful, they became thorns in a second. His heart hurt so much that he wanted to take it out of his body. He wanted to erase them all, he wanted those memories to disappear. Baekhyun didn't know if he could forget their moments, he just didn't want a small trace to remember.

___

"Just get away!" He was about to go in, but she stopped him.

"Do you want me to tell her what a monster you used to be?"

He smirked. "Tell her whatever you want. Tell anyone that you want to tell. I don't care... you have secrets too. And I know a lot to be threatened by you..." He closed the door.

"I'll get my daughter! You'll see!" Chorong shouted.

He took a deep breath and leaned against the door. How did she understand? Of course, his daughter had become a model and his worst fear became the reality. " it!" He walked in the house. Sora took a glance at him and then turned to Emma. His daughter was sitting on a couch, staring at the wall blankly. "Emma..."

She clenched her fist. "Liar!" She growled. "Such a good liar!" She stood up and walked to him. "How could you hide it?" Emma covered and looked around, shocked. "My mother was alive all these years and I lived longing for her caress, for her lullabies and love! Oh God... you even showed me a grave! How is this possible?" Baekhyun avoided her gaze. "Do you know how it feels like? I haven't have mother for thirteen years! It means all my life up to now! I've been living a lie! How could you do this with me? I am your daughter for God's sake! You and she are the reason that I am standing right here."

"Stop reminding me my biggest and worst mis-" Realizing what he was about to say, the professor cut his sentence immediately. 

Tears rolled down her face. "Say it!" Emma shouted. "Why did you stop? I'm your worst mistake! Yes! I'm your biggest mistake!" She ran to her room while wailing.

"I ed up..." He ran his fingers through his hair angrily and collapsed on the couch. "Ah... why should that sh*tty woman show up just now? Why just when everything is perfect?" He opened his eyes and saw his girlfriend staring at him, crossing her arms. "What?"

"Am I your girlfriend?"

"Of course, kitty."

"Am I your girlfriend for real?" She asked again. 

"What do you mean, Sora?" He massaged his forehead, trying to figure out what she meant. He couldn't understand anything after meeting Chorong.

"Why did you lie to me? You could just tell me that she's alive..." She picked up her puppy who was lingering around before continuing. "I was too shocked that I didn't know how to react-"

"Ah... don't start now. Not you either." He hid his head with his arms. "I want to be alone..." Suddenly, Emma ran downstairs with her violet suitcase in her hand. Baekhyun sat up. "Where are you going?"

"It's none of your business!" She said in English. 

"Is this how I've raised you?" He stood up. "Now you talk to me like this?" He walked to her.

The girl turned to him. "Yes! I do! So what?"

"Rude!" He was about to slap her, but Sora ran to her and hugged her.

"You aren't going to do so!" She said with a frown.

"No..." Emma pushed her away. "Let him hit me. That might make him less angry! Yeah! Hit me! Beat me black and blue so you'd calm down!" She shouted.

"What are you saying?" His hand fell down. How could he hit a part of himself? How could he be mad at the love of his life? He had never done that and was never going to do it. "Emma..." Baekhyun walked closer and touched her arm.

"Don't touch me!" She left the house as fast as she could. 

"Can't you think before talking?!" Sora shouted. "Where did she go?"

"She has nowhere to go..." He said. "She'll be back soon."

"Except for Prof. Kim's house." Sora pointed out. 

"Good point. She's safe there." He whispered calmly as he walked to his room. 

"Why did you and Chorong break up?" She asked, following him.

"We never broke up." He muttered. "We... never fought... we were such a good couple."

"Then, what happened?"

"When I understood that she was pregnant, I decided to propose to her and I did. She accepted immediately. I was too young, but I was happy. Chorong is four years older than me... most of the times, she was the one who took care of me, so... there wasn't any problem." He said before sitting on the bottom stair. "Yes. Everything was fine... until the delivery day... she left the hospital secretly after giving birth to Emma." 

Sora went to him and sat on the stair, next to her boyfriend. "You were shocked, weren't you?" She took his arm in her hands.

He nodded slowly. "I understood her reason, but it... it broke my heart. Because I thought I am way more precious to her and I understood tha I was wrong and... I didn't want her to show up in my life ever again."

"What was her reason?" She asked.

Baekhyun turned to her. "Babe, I told you there are a lot of secrets in my life. You're dating a mysterious man, so please-"

"I won't ask questions again. I got it. Her reason is also a secret." She concluded. 

"Exactly." He said. "Are you mad?"

"At first, I was mad at you because you hid it from me. Now though, I am mad because you told Emma that her mother's dead." She said, playing with his fingers. "So... now your girlfriend is not mad at you, but your daughter's friend is."

"It's better then." He caressed her cheek. "Because my girlfriend is not angry." 

"Won't Chorong cause problems for us? I mean... for you?"

"She can do nothing. Don't worry, my kitty." He gave her a quick peck on lips. "I wonder if you'll hate me after finding out about my past."

"You want an answer?" He nodded. "Here it is." Sora grabbed his collar and pulled him closer to kiss him deeply. She parted her lips and started his lower one which made him moan loudly. Baekhyun pulled her body to himself tightly to feel her as much close as possible. It had become a random thing, Kang Sora was his source of peace. He could find solace in her arms in the worst moments of his life. Though he was afraid, only God knew how she would react after knowing about his dark past. Also, what would happen to her... Chorong was a dangerous woman.

■□■

Dasom caressed Emma's hair as she tried to hand her a glass of water. "Drink a little, honey... if you continue crying like this, you'd faint."

Minseok sat next to her and hugged her. "She's right, dear... drink-"

"You knew, didn't you?" She sobbed.

The doctor took a deep breath and glanced at his girlfriend. "We knew..." He whispered. "But you know... this was a secret between your father and us. We didn't have the permission to inform you."

"Everyone knew..." She whispered. "Everyone looked into my eyes and lied! Everyone showed me an empty grave and lied! Everyone saw me crying on my birthday every year and lied! Everyone saw me feeling guilty and lied. Everyone saw me looking at my classmates' mothers and lied! How could you?" 

"Emma, if there's one thing I have learned in life, it's that our parents never do something without a good reason." Dasom said. "You must go home and talk to your dad. Ask him the reason. Huh?"

"He called me his biggest mistake. He surely doesn't want to see me. No one likes to see their mistake everyday... how he felt during these thirteen years..." She covered her face and continued crying. 

"Emma-" Minseok was about to talk that his phone started ringing. He took a look at its screen a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter