Back To Normal Days

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]Final[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Back To Normal Days[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

"DAD!" Emma covered her eyes.

Baekhyun closed his eyes when she pulled the trigger; but when he felt two hands on his shoulder instead of a bullet in his chest, he opened them and saw the most shocking scene. "Hyung..." He grabbed Junmyeon's back and felt the blood on his hand. The bullet him in the left side of his back, which meant, it had probably reached his heart. With that, he could make another conclusion too. Chorong didn't want to kill him, she was planning to hit right side of his chest. "Hyung... why did you do this?" 

Junmyeon didn't have the strength to stand on his feet, so he knelt down slowly and Baekhyun did so alongside him. "I... I want... Sora to be, ah! Happy." He tried to say. "You have to... continue living and... take care of her..."

"Uncle!" Sora screamed. "Uncle! No..." She whimpered, trying to get out of Chorong's grib, though she felt the gun on her head and stayed still.

With her screams, Emma dropped her hands and gasped at the sight of a bloody man almost lying on the ground in front of her father. "No..."

"Hyung, don't talk like you're going to die, we'll call an-" Baekhyun whispered.

"It's good." He managed a smile even though he was in pain. "I'll meet... my... my... my family..." He said with his last breath. 

"Hyung!" Baekhyun shouted, shaking his body. "Hyung... don't leave us..." He mumbled. Junmyeon's eyes was still open, but he wasn't breathing anymore. When the professor lost hope in him, he raised his hand and moved it over his face, closing his eyes. "Rest in peace..." 

"Sir..." Kyungsoo finally found the courage to walk closer to him. "Sir..." He started crying. 

Chorong looked at shocked and mournful people around her. It was making her feel sick. "Stop!" They all looked at her. The police chief held his gun towards her. "If you are really sad... then go to hell with him!" She was about to pull the trigger, but sooner than that, they heard a sound of shooting. 

Sora turned her head to the woman behind her and saw her fall on her knees. She turned back completely and gasped when she faced with her brother-in-law. "Jaehyun oppa..." 

His hand fell down and he started running towards her. "Are you ok, Sora?"

She nodded. "I am... but..." She started crying. 

"But what?"

The blonde wanted to answer, but was interrupted by Emma's scream. She ran towards her mother and sat next to her. She held her head in her embrace. "Mom... look at me..." She started crying while caressing her face. "You have to stay alive... ok? Ok? I'll call an ambulance now." She turned to the officers. "Call an ambulance!" They exchanged looks. It was obvious that Chorong wouldn't make it by the place she was hit. "Can't you hear me? Do something! My mom is dying!" Emma looked at Sora. "Unnie, I know she did you wrong, but please... I've just found her. I can't... unnie, please call an ambulance." 

"I... I don't have my phone with me..." She said. "Oppa, call an ambulance." She asked Jaehyun.

He tilted his head. "Ok..." The officer took out his phone and dialed the number immediately. 

After making sure that Jaehyun was doing what she asked for, Emma turned to her mother again. "My beautiful mom, it will be all right, ok? You just need to be patient  and wait for the doctors, ok? Or..." She turned to Sora again. "You are a doctor yourself!"

Her eyes widened. "I'm just... I'm just a second year medical student, darling... I can't do anything... I mean... I don't have enough knowledge to-"

"Why no one can help me..." She whined.

"Emma..." Chorong called her. "Don't cry..."

"Mom..." She hiccupped. 

"I'm really proud of you..." She said. 

"Mom, don't speak. Save the energy for yourself." Emma said as she ran her hand through her mother's hair.

"You must achieve... your dreams... I, I'm so sorry... my baby daughter." Tears rolled down her face. "I had to be a good mother for you, but I didn't do... it."

"Mom..." She sobbed. 

"And mom was... a villain... please forgive... her." Her voice cracked, as became bloody. "Baby girl..." She whispered, it was too hard to hear, so Emma had to lean down to understand her words. "Remember that... mom... loves you." She closed her eyes with a sigh and with that, her heart stopped beating forever. 

"Mom!" She shouted. "Mom, open your eyes! Look at me! Mom... no! No! No! No!" She held her head tightly to her chest. "You can't leave me like that."

Baekhyun stood up slowly and walked to Sora. "Are you ok?"

She broke into tears and ran to Emma, hugging her as tight as she could. "My dear..."

"Sora unnie..." She left go of her mother and put her hands around her body. "Unnie, I lost my mom again..." She sobbed. "Why am I this helpless?!"

"Sh..." Sora kissed the top of her head. "It will be ok..."

Lalisa stood next to Hyoseop. "Chorong is dead?" She asked and immediately covered , seeing Junmyeon's dead body. "Mr. Kim!" 

"What has happened?" Jungkook asked as he started crying. "Why is he bleeding?"

The agent wiped his eyes and looked at the left side of himself where they were standing. "Sehun?!" He shouted. "Dude! You ok?"

"Yeah... Sherlock never dies!" He winked.

"But you two are injured," He pointed at Lalisa and Sehun. "What have you done? How did you find him?"

"Actually," She shook her head. "He found me..."

____

Lalisa turned to go out of the house, but she gasped, seeing a man behind her. He was no other than Jay. "You chick, are you a policewoman too? For real?" He chuckled and held a gun towards her.

She smirked and did the same. "You are going to regret messing with me."

"Oh really? Let's try then-ah!" A foot hit his head and he lost his balance, falling on the ground unconsciously. Owner of that foot was a man she knew perfectly. His shirt was covered with blood which made him look like a zombie. "Sehun..."

"Are you ok?" He walked closer and took out the small penknife from her body, making her moan in pain. "You got to be careful, I'm not always here to look after you, Lisa-ya..." She just stared at his face blankly. The girl was speechless. "What?" He chuckled.

"I thought, I thought she killed you!"

"Actually..." He scratched his neck. "Kai saved me... I can't believe he loved me that much to sacrifice himself for me."

"How?"

"Well, he jumped on me, like a... shield? And that stupid woman thought we are both dead." He said. "Oh... it made me feel... bad. He died because of me." He leaned foreward and looked at the wound on her body. "But I never thought a man would love me this much to do so... I think I'm too popular." 

She rolled her eyes and pushed him away. " you..." She touched her wound shutting her eyes because of the pain. "What's that?" She pointed at a file in his hand.

"It proves that she did some deals with Son Jinyoung... this thing will be a bomb!" He said excitedly. 

"Hyung!" Jungkook ran to him and hugged him from behind. "I'm happy you are alive!"

"I am not!" Lalisa ran to the detective to beat him black and blue, but the younger boy blocked her way. "I'll kill you ing Oh Sehun! How can you always make me suffer? I'll kill you myself and I'll be in peace for the rest of my life!"

"Noona! You can't kill a police detective and continue living... stop!" Jungkook said as he tried to control her. "Noona!"

"Let me kill this bastard, Kookie!" She shouted. 

"Emma said you were worried about me..." Sehun lowered his head, making the girl stop shouting. 

"Worried?" She chuckled. "I was scared to death!" With that, the rookie cop let go of her.

"I'm sorry... I think, I made a wrong decision for the first time in my life. Forgive me."

"For the first time in your life, huh?!!" She pushed him aside and walked away.

____

Several ambulances arrived and the crew got busy with the injured and dead people. Emma was still sitting in the middle of the yard, staring at her mother's blood on the ground. Jaehyun sat next to her. "I'm sorry..."

"You did your job..." She whispered. "My mother was dangerous for the society. She never hurt me, but she was doing so to other people..."

"You are really mature to say that." He patted her back.

"Things I've seen in these days, those made me realize how complicated life is..." She said, wiping her eyes. "This world isn't going to give me the happy endings in fairytales that my dad used to tell me when I was a toddler, not always."

"That's right..."

"Emma..." She looked up at her father. "Let's go... ambulance staff want to check your state of health." Baekhyun took her arm and helped her to stand up. "Jaehyun,"

The policeman looked at him. "Sir?"

"Don't be sorry... you did great." He said before leading his daughter to an ambulance. 

Jaehyun nodded and turned his gaze to the criminals that were caught. It was finished, Mission Impossible. 

■□■

"She is just scared and stressed. That's all." A lady from the ambulance crew, said. "As I have checked, she has no symptoms of PSTD."

"Thank you ma'am." Baekhyun bowed and she left to check on other people. "I'll go to check on Sora. Will you stay here with Lisa-ssi or you like to come with me?"

"I'll come, but for now you can go." Emma murmured and he walked away. 

"I'm, I'm sorry, dear." Lalisa started speaking.

"Me too." Sehun whispered and saw his friend's glare. "I meant, I am sorry, Ms. Byun."

"It's ok... at least my father's nightmares are over." She said before starting to sob. "I'm sad but, but who will be sad if a criminal dies?" She whispered. "No one cares... just look!" She pointed at the people out of the ambulance. The officers and staff were all satisfied. "It hurts that my mom's death is like a victory to the police."

"Dear..." Lalisa took her hand and squeezed it. "No one can understand you, but you have to stay strong, huh?"

She nodded her head. "It's what I've been doing all my life."

"Good to know..." She kissed top of her head. "You still got the future... be sure, I'll be there for you to cheer you in your concerts."

"Me too-ah!" Sehun raised his hand suddenly and the pain in his chest got worse. "I will buy your lightstick and come to your concert."

She wiped her eyes, smiling thinly. "Come together then... I won't let you in alone."

"Huh?" They asked at the same time.

"Come on!" She rolled her eyes. "Confess and date already!" Emma jumped out of the vehicle. "I'll give you time to be alone..." She ran to where her father was.

"So..." Sehun started.

"I'm going back to Bangkok." She informed. 

"Why?!"

"Why do you shout? Because it's my home and my job here is finished." Lalisa answered with a frown.

"Can't you..." He sighed. "Can't you stay?"

"Nope!" She said firmly. "What can I do here?"

"You can... um... you can, you can continue your studies." He said after some moments of thinking. "Yes. You can do that and become a professor at a university."

"Oh and Mr. Holmes, may I know who will pay for me? No job means no money. What should I eat? Or the biggest question, where should I sleep?!" 

"In my bed?"

"Huh?" Her expression softened. "What does this mean? Are you now asking me to-"

"Look Lalisa Manoban, let me be blunt." Sehun cut her sentence. "I don't know how to ask a girl whose behaviors are not like a normal girl out or ask her to be my-"

"Wait, wait... what did you say?"

"Let me be blunt?"

"No, no, right after that." She said.

"I don't know how to ask a girl out."

"In between?"

"What?" He raised his eyebrows. 

"You said I'm a girl whose behaviors are not like a normal girl? How dare you?!" She shouted.

His eyes widened. "Did I say that aloud?"

"Get off!" She pointed at the out of the ambulance. 

"No, Lisa! Actually that's my ideal type."

"I said get off!" She stood up and started pushing him out and succeed doing it. "First, learn how to talk to a girl!" She said before closing the doors. 

"Yah! Lalisa!" He hit the door. "I am injured too, you can't throw your future boyfriend out like this. Let me in!"

"Boyfriend, my ! Go and die!" 

"Lisa!" He whined.

■□■

Sora was holding Junmyeon's cold hand in hers, crying quietly. "I'm sorry..." Baekhyun took a seat next to her. "He was a good man and... he, he is dead because of me."

"No..." Sora whispered. "It was because of me, you don't understand..." She said. "Seulgi and I were like his family. He loved us as much as Minjoo and Minjeong. It means he would do anything for us."

"And he sacrificed himself to save me?"

"He might be an uncle to me, but we weren't relatives. I will be in agony of loss for days, maybe months. Though the truth is, if you were lying here instead of him, it would take me years to move on."

"Sora..."

"He knew it. He knew how madly I love you and that made him do this." She whispered. "What did he told you in those last moments?"

"He said..." He fought back tears, remembering what Junmyeon had told him. "I want Sora to be happy, continue living and take care of her."

"See?" She raises his voice and kept it close to her lips. "He was really selfless."

"And I'm going to do what he has asked me..." Baekhyun took her in his embrace, patting her back slowly. "I'll never leave you alone..."

"Dad, Sora unnie..." Emma called, making the couple turn to her. "Did you know that Seulgi-ssi has given birth to her baby?"

"What?!" Sora stood up. "Who said that?"

"Um... your brother-in-law, I guess?" She replied. 

"God... what to do... what should we do?!" Sora said, covering her cheeks.

"Sora..." Baekhyun stood up. "Dear, keep calm. We will go to meet her soon, ok?"

She nodded. "But! I will call her now." She ran to one of the officers to borrow a cellphone. 

Baekhyun stood there and put his hand around his

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter