Loveology

Science Of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]09[/CONTENTID1]
[CONTENTID2]Loveology[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3] 

"You mean... you fell for Kang Sora?!" Jongdae asked as he leaned against his laboratory desk. "I can't believe it."

"Neither do I." Minseok said. "But I guess our Bacon is really in love. After thirteen years... it was the time."

"But Baek, how did you fall in love with her? What did she do with you?"

"She doesn't do anything special. She didn't flirt with me, she didn't try to have my attention... and I was treating her as my student." Baekhyun whispered, gazing at the erlenmayer in his hand. "Though one moment, I realized how important she is for me. I don't know when or how I fell for her... it happened all of a sudden and I just know that I can't continue without her."

"And you delay your confession..." Minseok walked to him. "Buddy... Sora is young, beautiful, joyous... any boy might steal her from you."

"No!" He shouted. "She doesn't go out a lot. Who can steal her heart?" He avoided his friend's gaze. "I won't let anyone take her away from me!"

"Then confess!" Jongdae punched his arm jokingly. "Make her yours!"

"No. No. No." He shook his head.

"Why? Just ask her out." Minseok said.

"Where, dude? We are in the middle of pandemic." Jongdae laughed. "Ask her to be your girlfriend."

"No. No. No." He closed his eyes.

"Have courage!" The youngest added.

"No. No. No." He ran to the other side. "I can't! It's scary!"

"What is scary?" His friends asked. "Come on! It's not your first time!" 

"She's much younger than me."

"So what?" Minseok said. "Dasom and I are different in age; but as long as our heart feel the same, we don't realize it."

"She and Emma are like sisters!"

"Oh God... if you are searching for excuses, there are a lot better than that!" Jongdae took the erlenmayer from his hand and put it on the table. "You aren't going to ask Emma to call her mom, right?" He nodded. "Then how the hell is that related to your relationship?!" He breathed deeply to control his anger. "Look, you are making me lose my temper... so you better leave." He pushed both of his friends to the door. 

"Uh... why are you throwing me out?" Minseok asked, trying to look at him. 

"You told me that Dasom has given you a shopping list, aren't you going to buy the things you need at home?"

He gasped. "Thank you for reminding! Bye guys, take care!" He ran out.

"And you, you will confess to her, no matter what. Got it?"

"Huh? Ok."

"Take care." He pushed him out and closed the door.

■□■

Baekhyun was looking in the mirror in the bathroom. "Ms. Kang, would you please accept me as your boyfriend?" He frowned. "Ah... what is that? It's too cold!" He changed his gesture. "Sora, be my girlfriend." He tilted his head. "No... that's like an order." The professor turned off the water. "Kang Sora, I love you. Would you agree to go on a date with me?" He closed his eyes. "Sora, you changed my life... would you stay by my side forever? Aha!" He smiled. "That is it!" He opened his eyes. "I'm going to do this!" 

Baekhyun looked for his bath towel, but it was nowhere to be found. "Oh! I left it outside. What to do?" The only way was to walk out of the bathroom and go to his room straightaway. It was easy, bathroom was near his room. Emma was studying in her room and Sora was downstairs. There was nothing to be worried about. He opened the door and stepped out. He was about to run to his room that his eyes met Sora's.

"Ahhh!" They screamed at the same time. She covered her eyes and turned to the other side while he ran back to the bathroom and slammed the door. Baekhyun sat down on tiles. " you Byun Baekhyun!" He whispered. 

"I..." Sora started speaking loudly. "I saw nothing." She said. "I didn't see anything." He could say that she ran downstairs by the sound he heard.

Baekhyun covered his blushed face. Sora seeing him was the last thing he wanted to happen, before his confession of course. Though he was too unlucky that it happened exactly. "How should I look into her eyes now?" Someone knocked the door. He bit his lower lip. "Who are you?"

"Dad? Why did you and unnie scream? Are you ok?"

"Y-Yeah..."

"Um... do you need anything?"

Well, his daughter asked the best question of the year. "Y-Yes. Please... bring me my towel. I think I left it in my room." 

"Ok. Wait a minute."

Meanwhile, Sora was sitting on her bed with red cheeks. "What did I just see?" She could still remember each and every part of his body, his muscular arms, white and y chest, his abs and... and... "Ahhhh!" Her innocence was gone in the blink of an eye. "Forget it! Delete it! Come on, Kang Sora!" She covered her eyes again. "Ah... I can't get it out of my mind! His body is the clearest thing ever!" She fell on her bed. "It's full HD... oh my God!" She rolled onto her stomach. 

■□■

Emma put the soft tofu stew on the table in front of Sora. "It's the first time that I've cooked since you started living here... I hope it won't hurt your stomach." She giggled. 

"No... I love tofu." She smiled. "Are you feeling ok? Your stomach..."

"It's better... that chamomile tea is really helpful. I'm so lucky that I experienced this when you were with us."

"Thank Goodness." She looked out of the kitchen. "Where is your father?"

"I don't know... he said he is coming, it's been 10 minutes now." She answered. "Dad!" Emma called as she left the kitchen. "Dad!"

Sora picked up the spoon and lowered her head to smell the food. "Hmm... nice. What a wonderful cook..." She was about to start eating since she couldn't wait more, but the sound of Baekhyun and his daughter stopped her. 

"Uh..." He rubbed back of his head before sitting in front of Sora. "Hi..." 

"H-Hello." Seeing him reminded him of his uncovered body. She dropped her eyes on the meal. Sora needed to distract herself. "This... smells good, Suhyun..." She started eating. 

"Thank you, but I don't like that name, Sora unnie." Emma said blankly. 

"Why? You don't like Korean?" 

"It's not about that... I just... it's just..." She paused. "I feel it's... no one has called me like that except for my grandpa."

"Oh... you like your grandpa so much, right? What kind of man is he?"

"He was kind... manly... brave." Emma started. "His face was somehow like dad." Ladies turned to the tearful man. "He was killed when I was seven."

"K-killed?!"

"My father was a businessman with lots of enemies..." Baekhyun replied before wiping his tears away. "Let's... continue."

They kept quiet until finishing their meal. After putting the dishes in the sink, Emma started speaking again. "Let's have a discussion." She sat down.

"Discussion again?" Baekhyun asked. 

"Yeah, again..." She giggled. "I found some questions and I want you to answer."

"Am I a part of this?" Sora asked. 

"Yes... just to gain experience." She said as she her phone. "Ready?"

"Yes." They answered. 

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" She read loudly and then looked at them.

"No." Sora answered immediately. "You can't love someone you just met. I think... communicating is what makes people fall in love. Personally, I won't fall for someone at first sight."

"But I disagree." Baekhyun spoke up. 

"Baekhyun-ssi?!" Sora looked at him, surprised. 

"What? It's the truth." He said casually. "You can fall for someone exactly the moment you met that person. It's a sudden feeling, like your inner voice tells you that she is the right one." 

Sora rolled her eyes. Emma just giggled and started reading the next question. "What’s the best relationship advice that someone has ever given you? Who was that person?"

"Do not trust everyone. That was my father." Baekhyun replied. 

"Don't be afraid to express how you feel. Both my mom and my uncle, since they lost their partners soon."

"Where love begins?"

"It starts-" They looked at each other. "Continue Sora..."

"No, no... you continue."

"No. Please... you can say first."

"But you are more experienced, Baekhyun-ssi. So please..."

"Ok. It starts when you... when you let go of your needs for her. When you want to protect her from any harm, no matter if you get hurt. I think it starts when you no-"

"No longer can let go." He turned to Sora who said excatly what he thought. "You feel it's hard to breath without that person."

"Exactly." He whispered, starting to feel lost in her beautiful eyes. "And that's how-"

"What is the greatest thing about love?" Emma asked out of blue. "Sorry... you were talking, dad?"

"No, no. Go on." Baekhyun looked at the blonde girl in front of him for the answer. "Aren't you going to answer?"

"I've never..." She looked down. "I think I've never fallen in love with someone... the days when I was a teen, I had some crushes, but those aren't counted as love."

"Who was your crush?" The professor asked curiously. Her crush could give him some ideas about her taste in men. "An idol? Or an actor?"

"It was... Park Jinyoung." She smiled, remembering good old days. "I still like him... as my favorite celebrity."

"Who? JYP's CEO?!" He raised his eyebrows.

"Ahh..." Emma rolled her eyes. "It's Jinyoung from GOT7. Don't you know him?" He shrugged his shoulders. 

"And!" Sora raised her index finger. "Cha Eunwoo, from Astro. He is also an actor."

"Wow! Wow!" Emma jumped, clapping. "He is really handsome!"

"I know, right?"

"My ID is Gangnam beauty... it was such a lovely drama! I wasn't a fan of korean dramas, but my auntie told me to watch it and I loved it!"

"Gosh... you heard the news? He is going to act in a new drama too. It will start on December 9!"

"Yeah! It is True Beauty! I'm really excited!"

Baekhyun stared at two ladies fangirling over a man he didn't even know. Actually, he wasn't really into dramas and new generations of kpop industry. The songs he listened to were all by Super Junior and BigBang. He felt jealous, what that Cha Eun Woo had that made them crazy about him. If he was that good, then how could he win Sora's heart? "Stop it." He said seriously and the girls stayed silent. They looked at him in confusion, he wasn't the kind to shout, though he did. "It's enough, I'm going to my room." He left them alone and went to his room.

He searched that actor guy's name and his eyes widened. "What the..." He was handsome. Cool, that bad boy type, still innocent face. 

"Dad?" 

Hearing her voice, he turned off his laptop and turned to Emma, smiling. "Yes dear?"

"Are you feeling ok? These days you don't seem all right."

"Huh? No... I'm fine. It's fine." He grinned. Taking one of the paper's on the desk in his hand. "Did you want to say something?"

"No, I was just worried about you..." She touched her tummy. If she could endure that pain, she would call herself a hero. 

"It hurts?"

Emma turned red and hid her hands behind her back. "Eh? What? No... what are you talking about?"

"Come here..." He opened his arms as he waited for her to walk t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter