At Seulgi's House Pt1

Crossing The Line

When the front door closed behind them, Joohyun let out a sigh of relief. An inexplicable feeling of safety engulfed her like a warm blanket. It was weird because she had only been in Seulgi’s house twice, but she must say that every time it had felt comfortable and reassuring, even if she freaked out the first time. 

« I’m guessing you don’t feel like eating anything tonight » Mr. Kang said after he hang up his coat. 

« Not at all » Seulgi replied « The barbecue was already too much…and all » She sent him a thankful smile. He smiled back and looked at Joohyun with sympathy. 

« I’m good too, thanks » She said with a small smile. 

« Well, you girls should get some rest then » Mrs. Kang softly rubbed Joohyun’s back « If you need anything don’t hesitate, alright? »

Joohyun nodded, feeling Seulgi’s hand take hers and lead her toward the stairs. They went directly to her room and Seulgi sat her at the end of her bed, sitting next to her. 

« Are you going to ask me how am I doing? » Joohyun asked. 

« Only if you want to tell me » Seulgi replied, rubbing her hand that she hadn’t let go of since she had taken it. 

Joohyun sighed and looked at her « I’ve been thinking about it all afternoon. I just…I don’t want to think right now » She sighed. 

« Okay. We can do that » Seulgi got up and opened her laptop. Seconds later music irrupted from the speakers. Joohyun’s brows shot up in surprise and Seulgi smiled, extending her hand in front of her « Come on, Hyun, dance with me. Don’t think » Joohyun frowned but took her hand and got dragged up. Seulgi took both of her hands and moved them around while she swayed to the rhythm of the song. As it turn out, it was exactly what Joohyun needed at that moment. She got entranced by Seulgi, her thoughts frying. She didn’t know if she danced well but her body moved along Seulgi’s. Not only did her eyes were filled with the beauty of an up-close Seulgi but their bodies touched so delightedly as well. Soon, she put aside her eventful and painful day and her brain was only focused on Seulgi. She smiled at her without even realizing it and Seulgi reciprocated immediately, her eye-smile making Joohyun’s heart flutter. Slowly, her smile brightened more than she thought it would have been possible that day. She found herself moving closer to Seulgi, feeling her breath on her face. Her eyes fell on her lips. She wanted to kiss her so badly that she just did it. Seulgi smiled against her lips which made her even happier. 

« I love you, Seulgi » She whispered. Her eyes widened when she realized she had said it out loud and pulled away but Seulgi only smiled brighter. 

She put a lock of her hair behind her ear, blushing lightly. Her fingers caressed Joohyun’s cheek before she approached her « I love you too, Bae Joohyun » 

Joohyun felt tingles all over her body. She had been terrified earlier but it was more than alright if it meant she could have had this moment. She put their foreheads together and they slow-danced under the shy sun of the evening. The song had long stopped and silence had filled the room but both their minds were too busy to notice. 

« I feel so good when I’m with you, Seul. You make me feel safe » Joohyun whispered. 

Seulgi pulled away a little to face her « Even back when you came during the storm? » She raised a curious eyebrow. 

« Weirdly, yes » Joohyun answered truthfully « I didn’t realize it back then but I hated you so much because deep down you exuded what I was seeking for. You weren’t only who I wanted to be but I literally wanted to be with you. I actually felt comfortable around you and that’s why it was weird for me. I didn’t know how to feel about you and I immediately chose to hate what I couldn’t understand » 

« Everyone makes mistakes » Seulgi joked and she chuckled but she became serious once again. 

« Seul, I hope you know you’re not a mistake to me. You never were » She fixed some of her girlfriend’s baby hair affectionately « I don’t regret pursuing us even after today. You bring the colors into my life »

Seulgi smiled softly, love pouring from her eyes « I will never doubt it I promise » She put a tender kiss on Joohyun’s forehead. At that moment, they heard footsteps in the hallway and detached a little from one another. Mrs. Kang appeared at the door and sent them a polite smile. 

« Sorry to bother, girls, I just came to give a towel for Joohyun » She put it on the armchair « And, you know, if you need anything.. »

« We’ll ask » Seulgi promised. 

Mrs. Kang nodded « Well, try you spend a good evening. Good night, girls » She waved and closed the door behind herself. 

« She is really the mama bear type » Seulgi chuckled and Joohyun turned toward her with surprise. 

« Seul, she closed the door » 

Seulgi paused and looked at her, indeed, closed door. Her eyes slightly widened « She did » She confirmed it to herself « Woah, I never thought she would. I…I thought I would be thirty and she would still ask me to keep the door open when a female friend is around » They looked at one another and suddenly burst into laughter. 

« Did she pity me? » Joohyun asked. 

« I don’t think that would be enough to make her close the door » Seulgi chuckled. Their laughter died down and Joohyun picked up the towel « Should we shower now? » Seulgi asked seriously. 

Joohyun’s eyes widened « Together? » 

« What? No…I…. » Seulgi became red « I meant… » 

« I know » Joohyun laughed « I was just teasing you » Seulgi let out a sigh and fanned herself « I’m gonna go shower » Joohyun told her. 

« Ok. You remember how everything works, right? » 

« I do » She smiled at her before retreating to the bathroom. 

Right after Joohyun, Seulgi took hers and by the time she was out the night was falling. Joohyun was comfortably sitting on her bed against the headboard, typing on her phone. 

« Who is it? » Seulgi asked. 

« My sister » Joohyun answered « She’s asking how am I doing? » 

« How is she doing? » Seulgi asked as she settled down next to her. 

« Her friends took her out for karaoke. She’s letting it all out, she says » 

« That’s good » Seulgi nodded. 

« Yeah » Joohyun sighed « I thought the truth would be devastating for everyone but…it’s only my parents that are taking it hard » 

« Are you relieved? » Seulgi questioned, putting her head against the headboard and giving her all her attention. 

« I am » Joohyun confirmed, putting her phone down and looking at her « I truly don’t care if they disown me or kick me out anymore » 

« Because you know you’re not alone » Seulgi softly smiled. 

« Exactly » Joohyun smiled brightly before leaning in and kissing Seulgi passionately. 

As they pulled away, Seulgi looked into her eyes contently and whispered « Joohyun, would you like to be my girlfriend? We never really made it official so… » Joohyun’s brows slightly rose but a quick and shy grin spread on her face. After a moment of complete silence, Seulgi began to get nervous « Please, talk. I see your smile but I’m losing my mind here »

Joohyun snorted « Of course, I would, Kang Seulgi. It would be my biggest honor » She engulfed her in a hug. 

« Don’t say it like that. You make me sound like a queen » Seulgi groaned.  

« Maybe you’re that to me » Joohyun teased.

« Oh yeah? » Seulgi raised an eyebrow playfully before she smashed their lips together. It quickly got heated. They gradually laid completely on the bed and Seulgi got slowly on top of Joohyun. Without noticing, one of her legs pressed in between Joohyun’s, gaining a moan from her « Oh , I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean to go this far today » She apologized but Joohyun grabbed her nape, making her look into her eyes. 

« What if I don’t want to stop? » She whispered seductively. 

Seulgi gulped « Well…uh…Are you sure? I mean my mom did close the door and if you’re quiet  enough… » 

« Challenge accepted » Joohyun pulled her in. 

 

________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed this chapter? 

See you next week :)

-J