There's No Need to Fake It

Crossing The Line

They pulled away from each other’s lips slowly and their eyes met. It was tender and electrifying. They both knew they wanted to do it again, to close the gap. It took them only a couple of seconds to lean toward each other again and kiss. However, it didn’t become too heated or arousing, at least at first. It was a moment of pure love, of human connection. Joohyun, who had felt alone most of her life, who hadn’t known what the true meaning of love was, perceived that for the first time. Seulgi, who had always experienced emotions to their fullest, who had been hurt by life more than once and had known grief, was sensing a new feeling that tingled her heart, her brain, and even her soul. What they felt for each other was different from everything they ever experienced. They were affected by it since that stormy night and it only increased even when they wanted to dismiss it. They were both suspicious of what it was. Four letters forming a beautiful yet intangible word. 

As their lips connected, as they felt each other’s warmth, as a hand went to the other’s cheek or shoulder, as hearts felt like they were going to explode, they knew there was no escape, no denial to this word. They could walk away from each other but that sensation would remain and would consume them. But both were thrilled that it was toward the other person that it was directed. 

They pulled away once again, but this time from the lack of air. Lips upturned but no shyness was present. What would it be for? They own up their feelings. They were aware that the other knew. Their eyes changed, as well as their desires. ual desire built inside them with a powerful energy. It became animalistic. 

They crashed their lips together, forgetting that they had been here for the calm and the view. Joohyun leaned against Seulgi and gently pushed her to lay down before she climbed on top of her. 

« Wait » Seulgi stopped her « I know you’re just in the process of discovering yourself and all…and I wanted to take it slow with you. I didn’t even ask you on a date yet » She had been fighting herself to be patient ever since she had agreed to help Joohyun. She wanted her, she fantasied about her. How could she forget the time they had slept together? Having Joohyun on top of her at that moment was everything she had wanted for so long. But she was scared. All of this was new to Joohyun who was still working on figuring out so many important things about herself. So if she came in the middle of it, she would become a piece among other pieces of an unmade puzzle…and maybe in the end she wouldn’t fit.

But for Joohyun, Seulgi was the piece she was the most certain about. She was also scared, but because even though she knew Seulgi liked her the same way she did, there was this part of her that questioned everything. What if? What if she just wanted to help you and nothing else? But she was tired of being held back by her demons. She was going to take the wheel of her life and fight for what she wanted, and right now she wanted Seulgi. So bad. She cupped her cheek and looked into her eyes « Seul, do you want it too? » 

Seulgi gulped but there was no uncertainty or hesitation in her answer « Yes » 

« Then, it’s okay. We don’t have to take the steps in the right order » Joohyun smiled at her, caressing her hair. She felt Seulgi’s hands set on her hips and she bit her lips. One hand disappeared from her hip and ended up on her nape, gently pushing her down to meet her lips. That time, nothing not even themselves could stop them. 

-

They laughed as they got dressed because they couldn’t believe they just had in a public space where someone could have seen them at any given moment. Of course, when they did it, they never thought once about that. It was only when they lay in each other’s arms and heard the birds around them that the possibility emerged in their minds. 

« I…uhm… » Seulgi chuckled, buttoning her pants « I never thought I would have had here. Like, you mean, it’s my spot but… » She scratched the side of her neck awkwardly. 

« Well, I guess you’ll think about this place differently now » Joohyun smirked, coming toward her and fixing the collar of her flannel. Their eyes met again and both would be lying if they said they didn’t want to have again. 

« Joohyun, I…I don’t know what this meant for us, for our relationship but I…I really don’t want to mess this up. Be too fast or… » 

« Seulgi » Joohyun whispered softly. Seulgi stopped talking and looked at her. Joohyun took a deep breath and took her hand, guiding her to sit down with her « Seulgi, I know that our relationship started very abruptly and that everything was a bit foreign for the both of us but I think we are both very aware of what we feel toward each other. We want each other like lovers » Seulgi’s heart flutter at the word « I know that I’m like a baby that is learning about life but I’m not stupid. I know what I feel when it comes to you. I know I want you in my life. You…you mentioned going on a date earlier and I would love that » They smiled at one another. 

« So, that’s a yes for the date? » Seulgi raised an amused eyebrow. Joohyun laughed, punching her playfully in the arm. 

« As long as you make me have a good time » 

« I think I can do that » Seulgi chuckled. Their laughter died down naturally and their serious conversation continued. 

« Seulgi, I want you to know that I don’t regret having with you during the storm. I was confused back then but…it started everything and I would never want to go back to who I was before. You didn’t take advantage of me. I wanted you then and I still do but… » Seulgi frowned, suddenly scared « I want you even more now because I got to know you and like you for who you are » Seulgi almost teared up in happiness « I want to know everything about you » Joohyun held her hands « I want to learn every inch of your body, every thought in your mind, every habit or clumsy behavior. I’m attracted to you, Seul. I’m sure of that. So take me on that date and… » 

« Let’s continue together » Seulgi said softly. 

« Exactly » Joohyun smiled emotionally. 

« Joohyun, promise me that whatever you feel, you’ll tell me. If at any moment your feelings toward me change, please don’t keep it inside » 

« I promise » Joohyun said. They looked at each other a bit before she leaned in and kiss her. Truth be told, both of them wanted to lie back down and have again but they didn’t want to overdo it. 

-

Seulgi walked Joohyun home. They talked all the way, carefree and happy. Joohyun was excited, Seulgi had asked her on a date on Saturday evening and she was buzzing inside, thinking about all the things they could do. To be honest, she wanted to do everything with her: go on a simple walk, go watch a movie, go to a restaurant, watch the stars, go to a museum. The world was a pool of possibilities really. 

« Bae Joohyun and Kang Seulgi » They heard the singing voice as they approached Joohyun’s residential area. They both turned around in fright and saw Kyung-Mi coming toward them from another street. Seulgi felt her blood drain but Kyung-Mi seemed relaxed and even smiled at them. 

« Unnie, it’s..uh….you know Seulgi » Joohyun said awkwardly. 

« Yeah, I met your literature partner briefly » She joked and Seulgi didn’t know if she should laugh or be embarrassed « You two should come inside, Mom’s at the golf club with her friends so she won’t be home until late. And Dad…well…He always comes back late » 

« I….I wouldn’t want to disturb and… » Seulgi mumbled, seeing Joohyun hesitant. 

« Mrs. Shin won’t tell a soul » Kyung-Mi told Joohyun after also sensing her hesitance « She caught Hyun-Woo with a bong once and never spoke a word. You’ll be fine. Come on » She passed in front of them. Joohyun and Seulgi exchanged a look but followed her nonetheless. As they entered the house, Joohyun slipped her hand in Seulgi’s who met her eyes with surprise, but Joohyun squeezed her hand to reassure her. She had promised herself she wouldn’t let anything happen to Seulgi and she intended on keeping that promise. Little did she know though that Seulgi had the same promise to keep. 

They walked behind Kyung-Mi in the living room and saw Hyun-Woo laying on the couch with a bag of chips on his chest while he watched TV. 

« Aren’t you supposed to study instead of watching dramas? » Kyung-Mi said in her calm voice that nonetheless startled him « Is this a romantic drama? » She raised an amused and surprised eyebrow. 

« It is and it’s a good one, don’t shame me for it. The main character just learned that her husband was cheating on her with a woman the age of their daughter so it’s getting interesting » He paused the TV and straightened as he told her. After all that, that’s when he finally noticed Joohyun and Seulgi. His eyes went straight to their joined hands. 

« Have you always watched your dramas here? » Joohyun asked teasingly. 

« Only when I know mom and dad won’t be home but you wouldn’t know because you always go straight to your room » He pointed out before frowning « Wait! Am I even allowed to say straight now? » 

« Oh my god! » Kyung-Mi facepalmed and Joohyun and Seulgi tried really hard to suppress their laughter. 

« Yeah, yeah, laugh all you want but I’m actually making an effort here » Hyun-Woo groaned « But let’s dive into this » He pointed at their joint hands before his eyes fixed on Seulgi « Hello, Kang Seulgi, it’s nice to finally meet you » He smirked. 

 

___________________________________________________________

 

Hey, guys! Hope you enjoyed? 

See you next week :)

-J