Chapter 1

Love is A Waiting Game
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One morning in the CEO's office, “What is wrong with you?!” the CEO said with a little shout. “Yes, we are currently having a shortage of supply to the market and could affect our sales this month,” the Sales Senior Manager inform him with the paper on both on CEO’s and his hands. “Get out,” the CEO said with a deep and serious tone while his hands point to the door. The Sales Senior Manager bow and head to the door.

It was the acting CEO who fills in the real CEO who hide his identity from the public. Haha, the acting CEO, palm his face because of the difficulty being cold and arrogant. It wasn’t his true personality but he enjoy being respected by the employees. “Hyung, what have you done to me?” Haha said to the person who just arrives at the office. He was the real CEO. “You made me a bad person,” he adds. “But you are enjoying it right?” the real CEO replied but only get a wide grin from Haha's face, indicating that he indeed enjoying the role of being cold and arrogant CEO.

It was Kim Jong-kook, the real CEO. He wasn’t recognized by the employee of his own company. But the Security at the lobby and his secretary know who he really is so that he can easily enter his office without suspicion from the others. He just arrives from his daily habits of making a conversation with the elder or a teenager to see their point of view about life.

“Have you had lunch Hyung?” Haha ask Jongkook if he had eaten yet because the clock shows that it's lunchtime. “I have, with an ajusshi before this, he was retired from his job because the company was struggling and we had an interesting conversation about it,” Jongkook answer him while putting his jacket on the hanger. “Alright then, since my work is done for the day, I should be going,” he with formality and bow to him before quickly made his way out before getting smacked by Jongkook. “That kid needs to be hit," he mutters before he seats on the chair to resume his work.

When Haha leaves the office, the whole company knows that the CEO is not in his office, so they wouldn’t dare to visit the CEO's office. This way, Jongkook can work peacefully, and any meeting that needs to be attended is replaced by his secretary instead. He rings his secretary's phone, “What is the schedule for the rest of the day?” he asks. “I don’t think we have anything today sir,” she answered with her usual voice. “Alright then, you can go home if want, since we don’t have anything,” before his secretary can hang up, her best friend went out of the elevator. “Let’s go have lunch, Sohee-ya,” a women's voice come through his earpiece but he ignored it. “Alright sir, have a good day,” she hangs up and joined her friends.

“Can I joined you here, since the CEO just went out earlier,” Sohee’s friend said it out loud that it could be heard by Jongkook inside his office. “Let’s talk about it later, now I’m starving,” Sohee drag her friends to the elevator afraid that her boss could hear her friends talk nonsense.

The voice Jongkook hears seems familiar to him, it stops him from continuing his stare at the paper. He recognizes the voice but he doesn’t remember who does it belongs to. But he quickly, ignore his thoughts and continue his work.

 

She saw the CEO walks down the lobby towards the car outside, signaling that the CEO are having some schedule outside the building. She just finished grabbing a coffee from the coffee shop in the lobby and returns to her floor. She was the Controller (Chief Accounting Officer) of TJK Group. She is about to be moved to the CFO position since the former CFO is retired, but the CEO keeps delaying the process.

She was never met the CEO before, because every meeting is attended by his secretary, Sohee. That’s how she becomes friends with her. One day, she was curious why the CEO never attend the Board meeting and she asks Sohee about it. Sohee answered that the CEO was on a business trip abroad. That same afternoon, the soon-to-be-CFO invite Sohee for a drink later and they become friends.

She places her coffee on the table and sit down, to continue her work. But an idea comes up in her head. “I should ask Sohee to eat outside, I am craving some Jjampong,” she muttered before going to Sohee’s floor at the very top of the building. The elevator was still empty since she was 30-minutes before lunch time. The elevator door open and showed Soo-hee on her phone talking to someone.

“Let’s go have lunch, Sohee-ya!” she said in a loud voice knowing the CEO is outside. Sohee’s eyes widened and hurriedly hang up the phone. Sohee signaling her to shut up but she continues, “Can I joined you here since the CEO just went out earlier,”. “Let’s talk about it later, now I’m starving,” Sohee said while dragging her to the elevator.

“What do you want to eat Jihyo-ya?” Sohee asks her as they enter the elevator. Yes, she was Song Jihyo, who work from the bottom to the top of the chain. She was new to the TJK Group as she just joined 2 years. Her first year in the company she was a Senior Manager in the Finance Department, as her former boss recognize her hard work, she was promoted to the Controller or Chief Accounting Officer until now.

“I was craving Jjampong, but we can find something else if you didn’t fancy Jjampong,” she tried to negotiate. “Well, we can find a restaurant that sold a variety of food because I don’t really fancy a Jjampong right now,” Sohee tried to not disappoint Jihyo. “What do you want then?” Jihyo returned to ask her. “Well, I don’t really have any craving right now,” she replied. “You know what, surprise me Jihyo-ya,” she adds to challenge Jihyo. Sohee was couple of months younger than Jihyo but she was the senior in the company. “Challenge accepted!” she said as her eyes looked determined.

The elevator door opened on the basement floor where they would take

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter