Secrets

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae-cha was about to get into the car to do some groceries when she heard her mother-in-law from a distance:

____ What are you doing, kid?

Smiling, Yongsun's daughter waited until Moonbyul was closer to respond:

_____ Thought of visiting a mini-market. Saem won't arrive before tomorrow and I'm craving for some things.

_____ So move your cute . I'll take you there.____ The handsome woman spoke in a soft tone.

_____ Don't worry, ma'am. I can go on my own.

_____ Yes, you can. But I refuse to let you risk yourself and this baby. What if you fainted while driving?

_____ I don't wanna bother...

_____ And you aren't. I'm the one offering help. By the way, stop calling me ma'am. It's either mom or Byul._____ The brown-haired one declared while Ae-cha was sitting on the passenger's seat.

They talked about Saem when he was a baby and the pregnant smiled the whole time.

Moonbyul took her daughter-in-law to know the best market in town and the duo got a lot of attention.

The locals knew the two families had issues. So obviously, they would get curious while watching that interaction between the newlywed and her mother-in-law.

Nonetheless, Ae-cha was too excited in the candy session. So she didn't notice so many stares.

Moonbyul shook her head but smiled while watching the young girl trying to decide what to take.

To avoid wasting time, the farmer grabbed some essential items and put them in the cart.

Ae-cha picked 5 different types of candy and looked at Saem's mother with puppy eyes.

Laughing, the 45-year-old woman warned:

_____ Sweetie, too much sugar is not ideal for your health. But I'm not here to control your choices.

______ I...

The pregnant girl interrupted what she was about to say because she saw a woman watching them quite close.

Moonbyul heard that familiar husky voice and frowned the forehead when Ahn Hyejin teased:

____, Amazing! Who would imagine that Moon Byul-Yi would find a way to be the mother of Kim Yongsun's daughter. Although it was more like a joke made by destiny.

_____ What do you want, viper?_____ The farmer growled.

_____ Nothing. Relax, woman. I'm just doing the groceries too._____ The y woman smirked and waved goodbye.

Ae-cha saw how stressed the farmer became and curiosity hit hard.

______ Byul...What happened between you and my mother that the animosity continues after more than 2 decades?

______ I won't talk about your mother. If you wanna know, ask her._____ The brown-haired woman got more cranky and spoke harshly.

______ She won't say anything...

______ You're not missing anything. Want me to drop you at your grandma's after we finish here?

_____ Is it okay for you? I mean...since you and my family...

_____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter