Harder than she thought

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae-cha decided to make a special family dinner to celebrate Saem and Moonbyul's reconciliation.

Since the husband didn't tell his wife that he got confirmation about his mother's feelings regarding hers, the young woman innocently invited her parents too.

Her plan was to seal the peace between both families once and for all.

Moonbyul was not surprised when she got to the house and Yongsun and Han-Gyeol were there.

Saem, On the other hand, felt his heart crashed as soon as he got back from the city and realized what was going on.

The farmer was hugged by her son and her daughter-in-law got emotional while thinking they were just recovering from all the wasted weeks they were not talking.

Yongsun looked at the handsome woman with an especial glow in her eyes and Han-Gyeol held her hand over the table.

____ Ae-cha sweetie, have you noticed what a lovely grandma your mother is? I'm really proud.

_____ Of course, daddy. I see her spoiling the baby in front of my salad. And I'm proud too.____ The young woman smiled.

Tense with the husband's touch, the black-haired one discreetly pulled her hand and grabbed the glass of water.

____ You two speak as if I was a cold-hearted mother.

_____ Of course not, darling. You were and still are an excellent mother. And wife. It's just...unexpected to see you fully embracing this new phase.____ The man was trying hard to show that his marriage was great.

The woman was feeling uneasy with the whole situation and she could sense that Moonbyul was looking at her.

Saem saw the disaster was coming and decided to fill the silence by talking too.

_____ I feel the same about mom and the baby. She is the softest grandma. Way softer than she was with me.

_____ Hey! Shut up, boy. I practically your feet for ages. And no. I'm not that soft.____ The brown-haired one joked and smiled.

____ It feels amazing, you know? Being together with all of you. The way a real family gotta be.____ Ae-cha admitted and raised her glass.

They all toasted but the vibes were quite different from what the host imagined.

While Han-Gyeol was decided to reconquer his wife, Yongsun couldn't stand their proximity and his attempts.

Saem was tense and concerned with his mother's feelings. And Moonbyul was working hard to show serenity and a bit of indifference to the whole situation.

Ae-cha stood up to go get their meal and the farmer offered to help but the engineer tenderly caressed his mother's shoulder and said he had everything under control.

In the kitchen, Saem whispered to his wife:

____ Why did you make this dinner without speaking to me?

____ I didn't know that I need your permission to do things.____ The young woman said with some rage.

____ Babe, it's not that...But this is not good. My mom...

____ I know that you two are still getting things back to normality. But everything looks fine. Don't overthink.

____ No, woman. Open your eyes. We are fine. This is not the problem...____ Saem was getting frustrated.

_____ So what is it? Spit it out. Otherwise, I'll leave you here speaking to the walls.____ Ae-cha spoke firmly.

Sighing deeply, the guy pull his wife closer and declared:

____ Our theory about our mothers is not just a theory. I don't know what really happened in the past but my mom still loves yours. And I don't wanna see her getting hurt over and over again. So yeah, I wish you had talked to me.

____ Nah. You're tripping...

____ You didn't see her crying while looking at your mother. A longing lovely and desperate look. 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter