Bad blood

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Saem was a 25-year-old engineer who had been raised with strong family values.

Although he came from a rich family, the young man had helped his parents since he was 12, and later, he studied hard to get his degree.

The mother was the owner of dozens of farms and the family's major business was breeding horses and running a training center for horseback riding.

The engineer had a nice bond with his father but he was certainly closer to his mother.

Moon Byul-Yi came from generations of Moons who were farmers and the woman never had interest in city life. Or any sophistication.

The only occasions she would step in Seul were to please her son.

That was certainly a woman with a strong personality and everything was done according to her decisions, which always led the husband to be in the shadows.

Moonbyul, as some close friends were used to call her, arrived at her son's building after the sunset and the porter greeted her cheerfully because the old man had gotten that job 5 years before thanks to her.

The 45-year-old rich stud farmer went directly to Saem's apartment and the engineer hugged his mother with enthusiasm.

_____ I was starting to think that you would force me to go to Jeju and drag you to Seul, omma.

_____ Sweetie, you know that I have a lot of work. Practically on my own._____ The handsome pretty woman kissed her son and smiled.

_____ You could ask for help. I mean, father...

_____ My boy, please don't be silly. Your father is good for nothing. The only right thing he contributed to making in his life was you. I never forced you to give up your dreams to take care of our family's business. So, I need to keep going. 

_____ Mom, I...

_____ Hey, this is not an attack. Let's change the subject. Where is she?_____ Moonbyul winked and whispered.

Smiling, the engineer replied:

_____ She is in the kitchen, super nervous. Mom, please be nice. Please, please!

_____ Damn! It sounds like I'm a hag that mistreated your previous girlfriends._____ The light brown-haired woman shrugged.

______ Of course not. But this time is different anyway. She is the one. You get it, right?_____ The son said with adoration in his eyes.

Laughing, the mother caressed Saem's back and replied:

______ I guess you forgot your grandpa got me an arranged marriage, which means I don't get it. But yeah, I can understand because I'm your mother.

_____ Oh...omma. I'm sorry.

_____ Shush, fool. Just call her already._____ The farmer pushed her son with tenderness.

Saem inhaled and exhaled and ran to the kitchen.

Despite being extremely anxious, his girlfriend held his hand and they walked back to the living room.

______ Omma, I'm so happy that my two favorite women are finally face to face. This is Ae-cha, the love of my life.

A cute and beautiful 25 -year-old black-haired girl with green eyes grinned at the older woman and bowed.

_____ Nice to meet you, Mrs. Moon.

Moonbyul felt a bit dizzy and her heart accelerated.

The woman forgot to breathe for a second. But then, she heard her son saying:

_____ Omma, are you alright?

_____ Ah, I'm sorry. It was a hot day. It affected me a little. Nice to meet you too, Aesha._____ Moonbyul forced a smile and they all sat.

Even though the farmer was trying hard to hide her true feelings, Saem noticed that the mother was not fine.

The younger girl affirmed:

_____ My parents are on the way. Saem and I are anxious to see the family together.

The brown-haired woman got tense and said:

_____ Would you kids excuse me for a moment? I suddenly remember I need to make a phone call.

Moonbyul stood up and walked towards the balcony.

Ae-sha mouthed to her boyfriend:

_____ I don't think she likes me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter