Is it possible?

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yongsun finally snapped out of her shock and faced her husband.

____ How could you?

____ I'm sorry. I should have questioned my father. But I was just an empty head. 

____ And when did you find out all of these?

____ Just recently.

_____ So...not today._____ The brunette gritted her teeth.

_____ No...Han-Gyeol murmured with embarrassment.

Feeling awkward to be forced to watch that scene, the farmer repeated :

 _____ Saem..what do I have to do to get help over here? Take me home...

______ Mom...shouldn't the two of you talk?_____ The engineer murmured.

______ Not now. I can't talk right now. Just take me home and leave me be.______ The brown-haired one practically begged.

Yongsun looked at her former girlfriend with a mix of regret and despair. But she could understand.

Her heart was too heavy to have that talk too. 

After Saem left with Moonbyul, Ae-cha was afraid of giving her parents some privacy. However, her mother announced out loud:

______ I'm going to Seul tomorrow morning. I'll file for divorce and you better not stay on my way, Han-Gyeol. Not more than you have.

Seeing that his daughter was planning to say something, the older man discreetly shut her down and accepted defeat:

______ As you wish, Yongsun. I can go with you...

______ I can't look at your face or listen to your voice. Just meet me at the lawyer's._____ The black-haired one grunted.

_____ Alright. It sounds fair. I would be upset too.

_____ Upset??? UPSET???? NO! I'm baffled, shocked, destroyed. 

______ Mom, calm down. Please...I know you have reasons to feel this way but....______ Yongsun's daughter tried to argue but the brunette glared at her only child and made her be quiet.

The husband lowered his head and murmured before walking away:

____ I'll spend the night somewhere else. Tomorrow we put an end to the suffering.

_____ You can stay on his side. I leave.____ The brunette said and let her guard down.

Ae-cha saw so much pain in her mother's eyes that she regretted never fully paying attention to her.

The younger girl hugged the brunette and caressed her hair.

_____ I love you, mom. I'm sorry. I'll support you no matter what. 

____ Thank you, honey. Right now I wish I could sleep for infinite time.____ The brunette exhaled.

The younger version of Yongsun sighed deeply, trying to find the right word to comfort the mother.

____ x ____

Moonbyul spent the following weeks focused on her physiotherapy sessions.

The farmer was able to stand up and give a few steps but she still needed to avoid making huge efforts.

Saem tried to bring his mother-in-law up. However, the brown-haired one cut him every time.

The 46-year-old asked her son to take her to see her father.

The man wasn't in a good shape and Moonbyul feared she might not find him alive.

To Saem's surprise, his grandfather was lucid and he asked the daughter to sit beside him.

Coughing and breathing with difficulty, the old man tried to speak:

____ Byul-Yi, I was a monster. I regret interfering in your life. I...

Holding the man's hand firmly, the brown-haired one interrupted him:

____ I forgive you, father. 

____ Do you??? So you found out the truth???____ Mr. Moon widened his eyes.

____ Yes.____ Moonbyul murmured.

____ Thanks, God.____ There was relief in his voice.

Saem saw his grandfather slowly let go of the daughter's hand and suddenly stopped breathing.

They called the doctor but there was nothing to be done.

The engineer held his mother and she rested her head on his chest.

____ I'm sorry, mom. 

____ So am I.____ She seemed really fragile.

____ Can I ask you something?

____ Of course.

____ Did you really forgive him?

It took the handsome woman some time considering that question:

____ I did. My life is tied to all those lies. So much pain, so many regrets. It was about time I set myself free of all his wrongdoings. 

____ That's it, mom. That's it.____ The engineer caressed his mother's hair with tenderness.

After talking to the director of the clinic about the funeral and paying the final bills, mother and son left.

Saem commented with his wife about the sad events and Ae-cha promised to tag along to say goodbye to the old man the following day.

The beautiful brunette sent her mother a message telling her about Mr. Moon's death but Yongsun didn't see it. 

The stunning woman only checked her phone several days later and she was torn between contacting her former girlfriend or respecting her silence.

Back in the city, Yongsun visited her mother and took her to do some shopping and have lunch.

The older lady sensed that her only daughter was not well and did what she always avoided. Confronted her.

_____ Tell me what is clouding your mind, Yongsun-ah.

Sighing, the brunette answered with another question:

_____ Did you know I was in love with a woman?

A bit took aback, the elder looked inside the daughter's eyes and replied with sorrow in her facial expression:

_____ Although I tried to deny it to myself for a long time...I knew.

_____ And did you support my father in that whole mess?_____ Yongsun's voice cracked.

_____

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter