Some sad truth

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Moonbyul entered the drugstore and started picking everything from her list.

Suddenly, someone held her arm and the farmer was taken aback:

_____ Mrs. Kim...You scared me. 

The old lady looked around to check if somebody could hear them and murmured:

_____ Byul-Yi, you should tell your family the truth about your father.

Widening her eyes, the brown-haired one asked:

_____ How do you...

_____ It's not a secret you can keep from old people. You know, most of our friends are either dead or...visit the same places.____ Yongsun's mother made a sad face.

_____ I'm sorry, Mrs. Kim. I gotta go.____ The 45-year-old woman walked towards the cashier and paid for the products before leaving the place.

After sitting in the car for half an hour, Saem's mother the engine and drove to the opposite side of the city.

Moonbyul reached her destination one hour later and was welcomed by a young man at the back of the elderly nursing home.

____ Hello, Mr. Park. Could you take the products I brought?

_____ Oh, Mrs. Moon...Our elderly love the fresh fruits and vegetables you bring from the farm. Thank you so much.

_____ My pleasure._____ The handsome woman responded with a melancholic smile.

Moonbyul grabbed the bag with the drugstore items and walked inside the facility.

A couple of employees bowed at the rich woman and the receptionist told her that the director wanted to speak with her.

Tense, the brown-haired woman went straight to the man's office.

Moonbyul knocked on the door and got inside without waiting for permission.

_____ Mrs. Moon, I'm glad you came right now. He is...lucid.

_____ What? How?

_____ It's more common than people would think. Sometimes they remain off for years. Others have a switch now and then. I just wanted to prepare you. Go speak to him. But don't keep high expectations._____ The doctor declared with sympathy.

Moonbyul thanked the man and walked as fast as it was allowed in a place like that.

When the brown-haired woman entered one of the bedrooms from block C, her father smiled and said:

____ Welcomed, my shiny star.

Emotional, the farmer hugged the old man and cried on his shoulder.

____ I guess it's been hard on you, huh?

____ The last time we talked like this was 5 years ago...

_____ I see. I'm sorry for being a burden despite trying so hard not to.

____ Please don't speak like that, appa...

____ Okay, let's not argue. So, how is Saem?

Moonbyul smiled and caressed the man's face while answering:

_____ Our Saem is a father now. He has his own little baby boy.

____ Omo omo! This is amazing! Can I see a picture?

_____ Of course. Here you go. _____ The handsome woman showed her grandkid's photos on the phone.

_____ He's such a strong baby. And he's got your nose. I hope he takes your courage too.

_____ Nah. Same is way better than me, dad. You would be so proud.

_____ I am proud. Hey, who is this girl? She seems very familiar?

Embarrassed, Moonbyul looked away while speaking:

_____ Her n

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter