Mother and daughter

Rolling stones
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ae-cha was surrounded by women who were working on her wedding dress.

The team kept taking her measures, writing them down and asking the bride to be some details on what she wanted.

The girl couldn't focus and told them something simple to end the conversation.

Yongsun returned from Seul after being away for half a week and sat beside the daughter.

_____ What is it? Why are you so impatient?

Sighing, the girl murmured:

_____ I'm freaking out. Is just me or becoming a mother is terrifying?

The older woman smiled and caressed her daughter's face.

____ Of course it's terrifying. There is someone growing inside of you who totally depends on your decisions to survive and stay healthy. And this tiny being one day will have their own life but you will still worry.

____ Thanks, omma...I feel great now.____ Ae-cha faked a soulless voice.

_____ It's also the best thing that will ever happen to you.____ Yongsun declared with emotion.

_____ Why didn't you have more kids then?

The brunette considered the question and replied after a while:

____ You fulfilled my maternal needs well enough. And it was not the style of life for your father and me. I mean...having a big family.

_____ Mom, you never mentioned how you met dad.

_____ Hmm...Actually there isn't much to say. Our families were close and they thought we would be a good match.

_____ So...Wasn't a marriage for love?_____ The daughter tried to sound casual.

_____ Honey, most relationships don't start like those in the movies. Your father found me pretty enough and I thought he could make a healthy baby.

_____ Oh God...This sounds sad though.

____ No need for that. We obviously learned to like each other over time.

_____ How about Moon Byul-Yi?____ Ae-cha threw a bomb and acted serene.

_____ What about her?_____ The rich woman's face and body became tense.

____ How did you meet her? And why so much hate?____ The pregnant dared to ask.

Yongsun clenched her fist and the daughter could see that her mother was nervously biting the corner of .

Looking to the distance, the black-haired woman murmured:

____ Our families have been enemies since God knows when. My grandfather and her grandfather, my father and her father. Since there were no men in this generation, they pushed their hate to us.

____ And did both of you simply accept the burden like a domestic task?

Yongsun squeezed her hands with anxiety and tried to control the emotions.

_____ At first we didn't know each other's surnames. So she was the girl who saved my life.

_____ Wait! What?____ Ae-cha widened her eyes.

There was a bittersweet smile on the brunette's face.

____ We were just 16 when we first met.

____ Then what happened?____ The pregnant girl couldn't control her curiosity.

The mother inhaled and exhaled while trying to brush those memories away.

____ x ____

Yongsun was a city girl and she always hated spending time in her grandparent's house in Jeju because it was all rural area.

The teenager wasn't familiar with horses or cows, since she would just stay on the farm on very special occasions and then go back to Seul.

That Christmas had been particularly disastrous for the black-haired g

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter