Chapter 8

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next few days seemed to be working well for the newly reconciled friends. They both figured out a daily routine that will not cause them to occasionally shout at each other. Both were becoming busy as their respective projects comes to an end.

Byul found herself staring at Yong several times, watching her eyebrows scrunched when she had arguments with her team during on their video call meetings. She tried so hard not to squish her cheeks when she huffs and puffs during calls.

She also found herself cursing when Yong would talk to her boyfriend. She will always go outside either at the balcony or out of the hotel. She would always buy something before returning to their room so Yong will not suspect that she intentionally leaves the room. She would come back after an hour or so.

Tonight was different though. When she came back after wandering for an hour, she found a fuming Yong standing in the middle of the room, hands on her waist staring at her. "Where have you been?"

"Ah, o-outside. I bought chips. D-do you want some? You seemed upset. Did something happened?" she stuttered and doesn't even know why she's in hot water.

Yong let out a sigh and sit on the bed, shoulders hanging low. Byul placed the chips that she bought on their mini table when she realized that Yong sniffed. She scoots on the bed to sit beside her, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"Hey...what happened? You don't usually cry after talking to him? Did he said something? Tell me, so I can virtually punch him."

"Nothing and you don't even know him Byul. It was a petty fight. The usual things that I always starts." she tried to wipe the tears on her cheeks.

"It was not a petty fight when you starts crying. You're a very strong-willed person. If want something you will always find a way to get it, that's why sometimes you get easily frustrated that will eventually resulted to some of our petty fights but you never cried because we both know that it's a small thing. So, he must have done something really bad to make you upset this much."

"You read me too well, it's hard to keep secrets from you. I hate it."

"You like it."

"I don't."

"You do, Yong. But do not change the topic. C'mon spill."

"Hmmm. He was drinking again with his friends."

"Hmm...okay."

"It's totally fine with me if he wants to get a drink, but it's the fourth consecutive day that he will be out."

"Don't you trust him?"

"I trust him."

"Then why are you so upset?"

"Byul, it's our half year anniversary today. But he chose to spend it with friends instead of talking to me."

"He forgot it?!"

"No. He actually greeted me first this morning."

"I don't get it now. Why are you angry then?"

"Because I expected a lot from him. We're half way thru a year. It's like a milestone thing. Remember when we celebr—" she stopped when she realized what she just said. She looked at Byul who's also staring at her.

"Yong, you know it's bad to compare. Although I'm

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter