Chapter 14

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Where is she? Please tell me?" Yong was talking to Whee In over the phone while  pacing and crying inside her apartment. She's trying to convince her friend to tell her where Byul was.

 

"Why do you need to know? She's safe, Hyejin's with her. Please calm down. I will go to your place. I'll be there in 15." 

 

"Okay. Okay, please come faster." She said in between sobs. She ended the call and plopped on the sofa. After fifteen minutes or so, her doorbell rang. 

 

"Whee In!" The producer almost fell on the ground when Yong jumped on her. 

 

"Hold on dragon. Could you get off me? I can't breathe." she tapped Yong's shoulder as she tries to catch her breath.

 

"Is she okay? I mean, did she threw up or something? Ahm, did she look for me?" Yong fired questions making Whee In dizzy. 

 

"Stop! Just stop for a sec please." She massage her temples trying to ease her impending headache.

 

"Why would she even look for you? You're the cause of her pain . I can't believe my girlfriend is the bestfriend of your ex. I have a lot of questions to Hyejin." Whee In scoffed. 

 

"I already broke up with Henry. After you left." Yong confessed.

 

"Really?! Ah...hmm...how...did he take it?" Whee In was out of words with the news. There's so many things happening in one night.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"I knew it. Hahhhh..." he slowly walked backwards until he hit the wall.

 

"I-I'm so sorry. I loved you Henry, believe me but not in the way that you love me...I'm in love with someone el--"

 

"It's Byul right?" he said as he make a fist, turning his knuckles white. He looked at Yong with questioning eyes.

 

"Y-yes. But how did you know? And why would you think that it's a woman? Are you aware that I'm bi?" she curiously asked him. She walked towards him but the writer raised his hand signaling her to stop.

 

"You, both of you, made it too obvious. ing glancing at each other. It was all too....flirty. I'm not a fool, Yong. I can see through." He looked at Yong and sigh before lowering his eyes on the ground.

 

"On the bi thing, it was all over the office. Everyone is talking about you. It's like an open secret amongst the employees who know you. You're sure you don't have any clue?" He breathe deeply, eyes fixed on the ground. He's eyes were now bloodshot red.

 

"I didn't know that we're too obvious. It's not our intention, believe me." Yong tried to hold Henry again but the latter stopped her again by waving his hand. 

 

"I really don't have any idea that I'm part of the gossip town now. They can just ask me if they are really curious. Bunch of backstabbers." she sternly said.

 

"Did you really love me? Or you just used me? So they will not suspect you or anything?" He suddenly asked, his voice broke a little. 

 

"I did. It's just that it's not you that I long for. I did love you but not in the way or degree that you love me. I'm so sorry." Finally, Henry let her closed the gap between them. She engulfed him into a hug whisphering her sorries. "I hope you will understand. I, us, didn't mean to hurt you."

 

His shoulders began to shake. "What can I do? You already decided and I know Yong, just give me time. I need time and space. I hope she treats you better, give you what you really deserves. I love you Yong, even if it hurts. Give me, no, I need time to move on. You better go now and get your girl." He said in between sobs.

 

"Thank you Henry and I'm so sorry." She placed a chasted kiss on his forehead before leaving.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Hmm...I feel really sorry for him though. Are you sure that you want to leave him?" Whee In raised her brows.

 

"I've never been so sure. I'm even more sure than the day I broke with Byul. I cannot let her slip again. So, please tell me where she is. I know she's not living in the same apartment that we used to rent two years ago. I already called them." Yong held Whee In's hand trying to convince her bestfriend. 

 

"Tsk. Okay. Fix yourself, we'll go to her." Yong dashed to her room in a speed of light. 

 

_____________________

 

"Stop it! Stop now

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter