Chapter 2

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What do you mean technical glitch? Are you kidding me?!" Yong was so fired up for the last ten minutes.

 

"We're very sorry Miss Kim, there seemed to be a glitch when the booking was made. We believe there was a power outage at that time and it mig—"

 

"I really don't care about the power outage and other stuff. Give me a different room, now." Yong clenches her jaw, trying to calm herself.

 

"Ma'am, there is a summit this month and all our rooms and pretty much the rooms in other hotels nearby are fully booked. I'm very sorry." The manager bowed trying to send her deepest and sincerest apologies. 

 

"What?! I will make sure to give bad reviews about your hotel—"

 

"No one will give bad reviews, Miss Kim." Byul tap her shoulder, trying to calm the dragon and stopping her from fully humiliating herself. Strangers at the lobby were starting to get curious and handing out their phones. 

 

"Nobody wanted this to happen, Miss Kim. We heard their explanation. You have to understand that this thing might and could happen. If not to us then to somebody else." Byul reasoned out.

 

Still feeling the tingling sensation on her shoulder, Yong argues, "Then what do you suggest, Miss Moon? Since you look very positive about this super big error and negligence and—"

 

The reporter did not finish rambling when Byul yanked her in the arm and led her to the lobby seats. 

 

"What do you think you are doing, Byul?!" She whispered yell. 

 

"Look, we can always ask for extra beddings or if there is a small sofa in the room, then I will sleep there. Let's not make this more complicated than it already is. And by the way, if you don't want to be the next viral video queen, learn to manage your stress and anger. People are starting to fish out their phones to take a video of a very angry foreigner shouting and making a scene." 

 

Byul left a very appalled Yong and head to the reception. She ask for the details about the room and anything that could make their stay more bearable. The architect also managed to get discounts and freebies for the length of their stay. 

 

___________

 

"We got free lunch and dinner for the rest of our stay here. They will also reiumburse half of the payment since technically, they double booked us." Byul explained while they're in the elevator.

 

Yong just nodded. The whole ride was very quiet not to mention awkward. "How come she could stay this calm and how can she just talk to me like nothing happened?" Her thoughts were cut off when the elevator stopped at their floor. The butler guide them to their room and help them with their luggages.

 

Byul decided to give him a generous tip since apparently Yong decided to bring her whole closet. "Oh, I think this is too much ma'am." But Byul is qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter