Chapter 7

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, where are they?" Byul asked while the waiter is serving their food.

"Actually, they just messaged me that they cannot come. They said they have prior commitments. I'm sorry, Byul. Please don't get mad." the manager pouted while looking at her plate.
 

"She looks like Yong. She has a habit of pouting. W-wait, why am I thinking of her again. No, focus Byul." she ducked her head and stared at her food.

"But Yong has chubbier cheeks, makes you wanna poke them. So fluffy. I wonder if that Henry guy is doing that too." The thought made her scrunched her eyebrows.

"Hey, stop thinking about her! You already promised Hyejin that you will get over her." She let out a sigh.

"But all I see is her. I can even see her face while playing this Pokemon game. Why is this so hard." She grip her fork a little tighter.
 

Her trance was broken when she felt a warm hand over hers.

"Byul? Are you okay? You seemed to be in deep thought. Are you mad?" Kyrstal asked, feeling anxious that the architect will avoid her even before she get her shot.

"It's okay, I'm not mad. This is unplanned anyway so I understand. Cheer up, please?" she smiled. She gently tap her hand which makes the manager blushed.

"Is she blushing? That's...interesting." she thought before they start digging in again.
 

————————

The rest of the lunch went well with little banters between the girls. Byul felt comfortable around Krystal except for the occasional touches and glances from the manager which Byul finds a little weird. Before they separated ways, Krystal asked her if she can tour her around the city before she flew back to Korea to which the architect agreed. Byul decided to spend the rest of her day at the public library where she finished most of the pending items that she needs to send to Hyejin.

Krystal happily went back to her office, her dream is finally coming true and she mentally note to thank her colleagues.

She first saw Byul in a bowling tournament during her senior year. It was a championship game between SM-U, from which she graduated,  and RB-U. She cannot deny the fact that her tiny crush eventually grew to something more when the architect became known in her field. She admired how the petite architect managed to built her company from having one or two clients and eventually landing a big one two years ago.

She was fortunately at the party and saw how Byul's face lit up when the project was awarded to her. She promised to herself that when she became the general manager for International Operations of Colors, she will make sure that her colleagues will consider getting her services. She kept on talking about her and showed them her impressive portfolio. Eventually, she confessed to that she has a crush on her but apart from that, she told then that Byul deserves to get project because of her skills to which they all agreed.

As she sat on her chair, she keeps thinking on where she would bring Byul for their "date" next week. Technically it's not date but for her it's her cha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter