Chapter 4

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Bang! Bang! Bang! 

 

A dragon is spitting fire. Her bladder will explode any minute, not to mention her being late to her appointment with Colors.

 

"BYUL! Can you please be faster? I will be late on my meeting!"

 

Meanwhile, the architect was dancing inside the shower singing her heart out to Mamamoo's UOAY, intentionally ignoring the raging dragon outside.

 

After 20 minutes, Byul finally open the bathroom door. As expected, she was greeted by a fuming Yong. "Oh, you're finally awake, sleepy head." she walk pass through her while humming.

 

"I'm not a sleepy head, you're just too slow. How can you use the bathroom for that long? You know that there's another person in this room and both of us need to use the bathroom!"

 

"Not my fault that I woke up early. I actually think I did not sleep at all. Some people were too noisy last night. What do you think? Did you not hear them?" Byul sarcastically answered back.

 

Guilty, Yong did not respond.

 

"No rebuttals? Oh, did you lost your touch already? So much for 'another person in this room' right?"

 

"Whatever." Yong slammed the door. When she went out, Byul already left. She was about to open the closet when she saw a note. 

 

"I'm sorry. Not gonna happen again. But please be considerate on other people, specially when they're trying to sleep."

 

 

She knew she made a mistake last night. In reality, she really wanted Byul to hear her. She wanted Byul to see and hear that she's happy. She found Henry, her boyfriend of 5 months. He is a segment writer on DBC. For her, Henry is someone who understands the demands of her job and everything that comes along with it. 

 

What she doesn't understand is why does she needs Byul to know that she is doing fine. That their break up resulted to her getting things that she always wanted. Her being promoted to a field reporter after months of trying and now a possible nomination for an international award. Everything she ever wanted was finally coming into fruition. But, why does she feel a gaping hole inside her, sometimes she feels lonely, worse she feels empty. 

 

"Argh, why do I have to see you now? I'm already okay. Why the tteokbokki and now this note. And why are you beating  so fast." She complained while pointing at her chest.

 

———————————

 

9:30AM

 

"This is it! Recorders, check. Cameras, check. Appointment documents, check."

 

"Goodluck on your meeting, Miss Solar." Raul said, showing his mini fist bump.

 

"Thank you Raul. I'll message if you we're already done."

 

 

She quickly went to the receptionist area to verify her appointment. 

 

"How may I help you?" asked the receptionist. 

 

"Ahm, I have an appointment with Miss Jung at 10AM. I'm from DBC. Here's my card and copy of the appointment details."

 

"Okay, Miss Kim. Please proceed to the 8th floor. The receptionist there will usher you."

 

"Thank you." She went straight to the elevator and in a few minutes she found herself in the waiting room area. It was almost 10AM but there is still no sign of Miss Jung or anything that will tell her that she's inside already.

 

Suddenly, the ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter