Chapter 19

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So this is the updated plan based on our discussion the other day. This is the version submitted it to the bidding committee." She paused for a second to look at her friend who's eyes and fingers were busy on her phone.

"I hope your taking notes of the changes Byul. Coz I swear, I will throw that phone once I'm done here." Hyejin was fuming. She knows that her bestfriend and business partner was pre-occupied by her lovers quarrel.

It was as if a big bucket of ice was poured on Byul. She lifted her head and look at a raging Hyejin. "Huh, you're saying?"

"Give me that ing phone now." Hyejin stretched her arms, opening her hand signaling Byul to surrender her phone.

"Weh? I'll keep it now. Look." Byul looked at Hyejin while slowly inserting the phone in the inner pocket of her suit.

"If I caught you holding or looking at that phone, start saying your prayers now." Hyejin went back on her presentation, glancing at Byul once in a while to check if the architect was still listening.

"Okay. We're done. Let's hope for the best tomorrow and please leave your problems here in Seoul. I do not want to baby sit you. So, get your head out of your ." Hyejin placed her hands to Byul shoulders and gently squeezed it.

"I know. It's just...we've been here before Hyejin. I cannot imagine if we will break up again." Byul sigh.

"You will not. I'm sure my girlfriend will talk to her. Let's trust my baby, okay? Can we have lunch now? I still need to pack my things for tonight's trip."

"Huh? Are we leaving this evening? I thought we will leave tomorrow morning?"

"Oh my....you're really out. We talked about this. We need to meet the government representatives in the morning. Snap out of your hole will you?!" Her bestfriend shouted.

She shook her head. "I'm sorry. I need to pack my things too. Let's eat now."

"Try to give Yong some space. Let her miss you idiot." Hyejin tucked her arms around Byul's waist as they closed the door of her office.













 

"What's happening to you?" Whee In was finalizing all their plans for tomorrow's nominee presentation gala when Yong grunted behind her.

"She stopped messaging me." Yong pouted and tossed her phone on the chair near Whee In's table.

"So?" Whee In said while typing something on her phone.

"What so? She stopped texting me Whee In." Yong huffed.

"So? That's what you want right? You told me when you got here that she's annoying. Now that she stopped pestering you, you're also annoyed. What do you want Byul to do?" Whee In said as she gets the freshly printed materials in the photocopy/ printer machine.

"Arrgghh! I hate her. Why can't she go to our nomination gala?" Yong continuously whined.

"Yong, I thought Krystal is the petty one here. I might be wrong. You can actually surpass her. I think Byul should reconsider?" Whee In bluntly toyed with the idea.

"Don't you dare compare me with her. And I know Byul loves me...so never gonna happen."

"If you knew Byul loves you then what's the point of all these frustrations?" 

"Something important is gonna happen to me. Something I've been waiting for since I dreamed of becoming a reporter, a journalist. I want her to be beside me when it happens." Yong explained, her hands flapping in the air.

"You're being childish you know. I understand, you want her to be part of every important moments of your life, but don't you think Byu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter