Chapter 20

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Here's your coffee. Anything else, ma'am?"

 

"I'm good. How about you Krystal?" Byul asked the general manager in front of her.

 

"I'm good too, thanks." She smiled brightly at Byul. 

 

"Well then. I'll go back with your tab." The waiter said then left.

 

"So, how are you and Yong Sun? You seemed pretty troubled." the manager side-eye the architect.

 

"Hmm...you can say that. A little argument."

 

"Trouble in paradise this early? You should've pick me instead." She chuckled.

 

"Not a good joke Krystal." Byul said in cold tone.

 

"I'm just joking to lighten the mood. Relax. Anyway, you should really fix whatever issues you have. I'm sure it's a petty one." Krystal took a sip of her coffee when her phone vibrated.

 

"I'll fix this after this event. I'm giving her space and as Hyejin said, I'm trying to be missed." 

 

"T-that is a good suggestion." Krystal stuttered as she tried to stifle a laugh.

 

"What's so funny? Ehhh...a special someone messaged you?" Byul curiously asked, her brows raised.

 

"N-no...but I need to go now. I need to accompany my friend to the hospital." Krystal rumbled and fix her things. 

 

"Friend my . You like this friend, eh?" Byul .

 

"N-no...not really. I just met him so..."

 

"Him? Oh...he's lucky a guy then. You seemed pretty flustered just by him being our topic." 

 

"Stop it Byul. I really need to go now. Goodluck on your next project. I'm sure you will get this one." Byul mouthed a "thank you" while nodding her head.

 

"Oopss, before I forgot, let's take a picture. For remembrance and you know...for us being good friends now. I'm really sorry for all the mess that I made."

 

"No worries. Okay. Let's make this quick. Your friend must be waiting for you." She once again teased the manager which earned a soft slapped from her. After taking a picture, Krystal made a quick exit.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Can we leave now Whee In? I wanna kill someone." Yong was about to combust the moment she saw the picture tagged to Byul with the caption, "sumptuous brunch chat with this beauty 💕"

 

Her girlfriend, who's been avoiding her messages and calls, had a cozy coffee breakfast with the woman who openly professed love for her a few days ago. 

 

"Why? What happened?" Whee In walked towards her and peaked at her phone.

 

"Ah, I see. Maybe that's a harmless brunch chat. C'mon we need to prepare for later." Whee In just rolled her eyes as she drags a sulking Yong to their company car. 

 

The ride to the salon was a total torture for Yong. She keeps on scrolling in the comment section of Krystal's post and most of them are shipping the two. 

 

They are now getting hair treatment when Yong suddenly stumbled on one comment that says, "Finally! I knew it. You make a good pair, you lovebirds. 😍"

 

She really wanted to comment some nasty ones but Whee In was stopping her saying that it could result to a bigger argument between them.

 

She huffed and puffed. "These little brats. One curse? Just once?" She hissed, causing the hairdresser to stepback.

 

"Hey, calm down. Don't you trust Byul? Jeez..." Whee In went back to the magazine she's reading.

 

"I trust her but I don't trust that woman. Can I skip the gala? Please?" Yong was already gripping Whee In's wrist.

 

"Nope. We already talked about this. We will leave early so you can talk to her. So, sit your down. Here's a magazine, pick a style that you want to use later." Whee In said sternly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"We present to you the following bidders for the architectural design...."

 

Byul's heart will burst any moment. She can feel it near , slowly rising and was about to come out of . Her hands were becoming sweaty, coldness creeping to her entire system. 

 

Thankfully, her bestfriend was beside her, holding her shoulder for support and stability. "We got this. Ease up, my friend." Hyejin murmured. 

 

"Have I ever told you, I love you Jinie. If not, I'm saying it now and thank you for everything." Byul said under her shaky breath. 

 

"I know. I know. Trust me, you will thank me more later." Then she winked before focusing again on the program. 

 

"What do you mean?" Byul's attention was now on the lady beside her, her nervousness completely gone. 

 

"Nah, you'll see later. For now, focus on this one. You may want to ready your perfect smile. You know, for photo ops once they gave us the project." She smirked at Byul.

 

"The winner for the architectural design bid is Star Design Inc. headed by Architect Moon Byul Yi. Congratulations! Please come up the stage."

 

Hyejin jumped off her seat once the announcement was made. Byul on the other hand froze. She couldn't believe that all their hard work was finally paying off. With tears in her eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter