Chapter 13

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Whee In nudged her girlfriend upon hearing her. She looked at her and saw a very angry woman throwing dagger looks to Yong. "Wrong move Whee In. A mess. This will be a mess." She thought. She already connected the dots and based on her girlfriend and Yong's reaction, her idea might be right.

 

The reporter was visibly shaken when she saw Byul. She felt running towards the architect and give her hugs and kisses but she froze, she cannot walk once she saw how her former lover looks at Henry. Byul whispered something to Hyejin and stood up.

 

"Hey, you're leaving already?"Whee In stopped the architect. 

 

"Yeah, I have an early client meeting tomorrow and I need to prepare." She shyly replied. 

 

"Okay, but before you go, let me introduce the new comers. Hey, Yong, here." she waved at the reporter and patted the empty space on her right. 

 

Hearing Whee In, Henry slightly bumped Yong's shoulder. "Yong, are you okay? Let's go there. Whee In is calling us." He carefully hold the reporter's hand and lead the way. 

 

"Hello lovebirds." Whee In greeted the two. 

 

"Hey Whee. Sorry we're late. Yong told me about the party but I was stuck in a meeting so I asked her if she could wait for me." he replied while placing his hand on Yong's waist. Byul's eyes quickly travelled on the writer's hand, causing a pang on her chest.

 

"Ahermmm..." Hyejin faked a cough, getting the attention of the three.

 

"Oh, by the way, I want you to meet Hyejin, my girlfriend. And this...this is Byul, Hyejin's bestfriend." Whee In intentionally emphasized Byul's name to see the reaction of Yong Sun but it was Henry who spoke.

 

"I think I know you. I already saw you." Henry squinted his eyes, trying to remember where he saw Byul. 

 

"Henry, I'm sure this was the first ti—." Yong tried to in but Byul cut her off.

 

"We already saw each other. At the airport." Byul hold her gaze at Henry.

 

"I knew it! You're Yong Sun's friend. Nice to meet you." He flashed a smile and offered a handshake which Byul took, gripping the writer's hand a little harder that left Henry wincing a bit. 

 

"I need to go now Whee. Nice meeting all of you." Byul was about to stepped out but Henry stopped her.

 

"Stay a little. Maybe an hour? I'd like to know my girlfriend's friend, please?" Henry slightly tilted his head, never breaking his eyes from Byul.

 

"Henry, just let her. Please." Yong begged.

 

"Okay. I'll stay." The architect answered, looking at the writer too.

 

 

———————————

 

Whee In is not blind certainly not naïve. She can clearly see the subtle glances between the former lovers and she cannot take it anymore. In the middle of the loud music played by the in-house band, Whee In whispered to Hyejin, "Baby, can I ask you something?"

 

"Yeah what is it?" Hyejin replied, not breaking her stare to the trio.

 

"Were Yong and Byul ex lovers?"

 

"Yea— huh? How did you know?" Hyejin almost had a neck whiplash.

 

"Instinct. Trust me baby, they were not so subtle. Look at Henry. He obviously knew somethin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter