Chapter 17

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Yong in my office. Now!" Whee In shouted.

Yong almost fell out of chair when she heard Whee In. "What was that?" She asked one of her staff. Her staff only shrugged, also surprised of the outburst.

Whee In was walking back and forth when she entered the office. "Whee, calm down. What hap—"

"I can't! Sit down. I just got a call from Colors lawyer. They want to pull out Miss Jung's segment in the documentary." She slumped on her swivel chair, rubbing her face due to frustration.

"What?! They cannot do—"

"They can Yong. They can. It was the safety clause that they requested before they signed. They can pull out if they feel that our crew did something that can harm their client or their client's reputation." The producer sighed.

"But we didn't do anything bad to her or her reputation! What the hell! Did you asked them the reason?" Yong shouted.

"I did. The lawyer just said that her client was lead on or something and that it greatly affected her emotionally. Pfft! Whatever. I will talk to our legal department. They need to produce something tangible, something believable." Whee In slammed the table which startled Yong Sun causing her to step back a little.

"Sorry, I...I. Sorry. You know how important this is. I'm maybe getting overboard but do you think this has something to do with Byul?"

"What about her? She just flirted with her isn't she?" Yong rolled her eyes, remembering what happened at the diner.

"About that. Fixed it with her. I can see that she could be a little oblivious sometimes. Talk to her. Hyejin is bombarding me with messages. Okay, that's all. I just want to give you a heads up. You may go back to work."

Yong went back to her cubicle and slumped on her chair and sigh. "This can't be happening." she thought. She was contemplating on whether she would message Krystal and asked the real reason behind her rushed decision when her office phone rang.

"Hello. Miss Kim, someone is looking for you. She said her name is Hyejin."  their floor receptionist said.

"Hi, please tell her to wait. I will be there in a minute." She dropped the call and went out of her cubicle.










 

There was only thing in her mind that could bring Hyejin in her office. Byul. Once she reached the floor lobby, the receptionist pointed her to the direction of her visitor who was sitting with her back facing her showing only the top of her head.

"Hyejin, what are you doing here? You can——Byul?"

"Hey..." Byul stood up and flashed a timid smile.

"Tsk...you really used your friend huh." She crossed her arms on top of her chest, her brow raised.

"Can we please talk?" Byul begged. She stepped closer and reached for her girlfriend but Yong tried to swat her hands away.

"Talk? I don't want to talk. Go back to your office now. Don't you dare try this cheap trick again." Yong was about to leave when Byul said something that made her stopped.

"I already told her that I'm not available. That I already have a girlfriend. So please Yong. Don't get mad." Byul slowly closes their gap, afraid that her girlfriend will reject her again. Little steps until she was able to hug the reporter from behind, her arms draped over her chest.

"I'm sorry. I should have been more decisive earlier. It will never happen again. Please forgive me."

Yong wanted to escape from her girlfriend's embrace thinking of her co-workers but she can't. She loves the woman behind her. "Really? What did she say?" She slowly turned around and face Byul but still looking down, covering her red tint cheeks.

"Yeah. But I'm afraid. I don't think she took it lightly." She sighed and shook her head.

"Why? What happened? Did she slapped you or something?" I raised my head and cupped her cheeks.

"No. She cancelled our meeting right away and left. Ahm..are we okay now?" Yong did not catch her girlfriends question as her mind starts to overthink. "It cannot be. That will be too petty and childish of her." she thought.

"Yong?" Byul repeated.

"Huh? What was it again?"

"Are we okay now?"

"Ah, yeah. I'm sorry I overreacted earlier. Forgive me too, baby?" She fluttered her lashed and pouted.

"Omo...you're too cute sweetheart. You make me want to kiss you so badly." Byul grunted.

"Then kiss me." Yong challenged her pretty frustrated girlfriend.

"Are you serious? We're in your office." Byul eyes' widened.

"So? I don't care about what others will say about me Byul. I have no plans of hiding you, us. So, shut up and give me a kiss." Yong cupped her face again. The architect can feel her cheeks burning. She slowly closed the gap between them and end up giving her girlfriend a searing kiss.

 

"Ahermm!!! This is an office, not a club." Byul and Yong broke their kiss and hugged each other when they heard Whee In's scream.

"Sorry Whee. What is it?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter