Chapter 12

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a week since Yong and Byul last talked and the reporter is beginning to worry. She knows that their situation is complicated and the sooner she broke up with Henry the better. However, the writer has been very busy the past few days due to an upcoming series in which he's the lead writer so setting a schedule with him is a bit of a challenge.

 

 

 

"Hey, baby? Are you listening to me? You're spacing out again, Yong. This is the first time in almost a week that we can properly see each other. Can you at least be present?" Henry said, disappointed at how his girlfriend was acting since she came back.

 

"I'm sorry. I was just thinking of something. Ahm...Henry, I-I need to talk to you about something." She took a deep breath before speaking again. 

 

Henry just nods encouraging her to continue.

 

"I-i....you know that I care for you, right? And—" Yong was cut-off when Henry's phone rings.

 

"Can you not answer that? Please?" Yong pleaded. Henry just looked at her, shaking his head and took the call. Mouthing that it was very important.

 

"Hello, ma'am. I'll be there in five minutes. Bye." Henry took a final sip of his coffee and kiss Yong on her temple. "I need to go, the director is looking for me. We'll talk later. Love you."

 

Yong was left with an unfinished bowl of oatmeal, half a cup of coffee and a head full of unsaid thoughts.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On his way to the elevator she bumped into Whee In. "Hey, Whee, are you in a rush? Can I talk to you for a minute?" 

 

"Yeah sure. What is it?" The producer turn around to face him. 

 

"Do you know if something is wrong or bothering Yong? She's zoning out a lot since she came back from her overseas assignment. I cannot go through her." He asked, concern about his girlfriend.

 

"Not that I know of. Are you two having fights?" Whee In replied.

 

"No. But the day that I fetched her at the airport she's talking to her friend. That friend suddenly went away once I got there. She tried to follow her but I think she did not succeed. I don't know. That night she just locked herself in her room." Henry narrated, confusion and frustration were visible from his face.

 

"Oh, I think her name is Yul? Byul? I'm not really sure. Do you know someone with that name?"

 

 

Is this what I think this is? Whee In thought.

 

 

"Nope. Not familiar with a Byul or Yul. Let me talk to Solar. Maybe she's just pressured on the documentary that we're doing." Whee In assured the writer before they separated ways.

 

 

She found her in the office cafeteria staring at her phone as if the thing will come to life any moment. The reporter was so absorbed that she failed to feel her presence. "That thing will melt." She said, startling Yong Sun who almost threw her phone. 

 

"Whee In, my goodness. You scared me." She holds her chest, one hand clutching her phone. 

 

"Your phone seems to occupy most of your attention. I saw Henry, he was worried about you." 

 

"W-Whee, remember what I told you when I was overseas?" She bit her trembling lip.

 

"I knew it. This is about the old flame, isn't it? It looks like you already made a decision." Whee In said while struggling in opening her sandwich. 

 

Yong scooted near Whee In and whispered, "Yeah. Whee, I still love her and she still loves me too. I'm trying to talk to her since we came back but she's ignoring me." She huffed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter