Chapter 3

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are. You. ing. Kidding me?! MOON BYUL YI!"

 

"Nopppe. Well..to be fair...it- it's not our fault. It's the hotel's fault. They encounter a glitch and booked us in the same room. And so..." her index finger pointing at the door.

"Oh, c'mon Moon, are you insane?! You've been trying to get over her since your break up two years ago. And I know you're not doing everything to get entirely over her. Watching the news, crap. You just really want to see her!"

"I...I know that. I will not deny it. But she has a someone now, pretty sure it's a "boyfriend"... she's someone else's baby now..." her voice drop, laced with sadness.

"How are you feeling? Are you okay?" From a lion to a cub, Hyejin's voice became light as a feather.

"I'm okay. I think. She seems happy. I...I heard her laughing while talking on the phone." She scratch her nape.

"Oooh, that's why you're asking me if you're funny? Moonie, finish all the requirements there as soon as possible and then comeback here."

"I will....I...it's...now, it finally dawned on me...that..." she's been trying not to cry but a small crack on her voice gave her away.

"Unnie...you can do this. I'm rooting for you. I know this will hurt. Well, it's not like the break up before didn't hurt, but...maybe...it's time to finally let go? Don't you think? Not to mention, she was the one who made your relationship worse. That ."

"Hyejina, please. Watch your mouth. You know that I'm also at fault."

"I know. Your temperamental old self. I know, it takes two to make a relationship work, but she pushed you to your limit. I witness everything. You became like a ing robot for her, unnie. Always agreeing to everything even if it hurts you inside. You bottled it up, until, POOF! You exploded." She said exasperated.

"You cannot blame me for thinking or talking like this!" she cannot control her tears anymore and started sobbing.

Feeling guilty for making her baby lion cry, "Hyejina...don't cry. I get your point. Maybe it's really time to let go. I can...finally let go."

 

 

FLASHBACK

"Yong, you promised me that you will attend the party this time. This is very important to me. You know that."

"I'm sorry baby. It's just that there's an important event in the company. Many bosses will be there. You know how important this is too."

"Yong, this is the 5th time that you cannot accompany me. You met your bosses far too many times already. Don't you dare deny it because it's always your reason."

"What are you saying now? That I just making things up? Wow! It's like that party is 'very important'." Yong rebutted.

"Well, it is important to me and I want to share it with you. I could have my first big client here. But you know what, nevermind. I got Hyejin. At least she knows when I needed support."

"Hyejin...hyejin...I'm not really sure if she's just your friend. And you always say that, you will get your first big client or whatever, Byul, newsflash, nothing is happening."

"You know Hyejin is my bestfriend. Like a baby sister. Unlike you, Yong, she knows how to prioritize things. She's not selfish. I'm sick of you always giving malice to everything that we do. I've been very honest with you since we started dating 4 years ago. And don't you DARE belittle our business." She clenches her jaw and closes her fists, knuckles turning white.

"Wow! Selfish really?! You know what, maybe you should just date Hyejin. Maybe you're better off with her, what do you think Byul?"

"Yeah! I think that's better. Goodluck with your career. I hope you get the shot that you want. I hope that ditching me for so many times will be worth it."

"Pfft! Don't make yourself look

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter