Chapter 5

Check-in(to) You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Are you out of your freaking mind? Why would you ing do that? I said get over her, not kiss her!"

"I don't know what came to me. I saw her eyes. It looks so bothered and you know I can't stand that."

"If I can, I will enter this phone and smack on the head to knock some sense into you. She has a boyfriend for goodness sake. Are you letting yourself be this little again?"

"About the boyfriend, why did you not mention anything about it? You've been dating Whee In for a year now. It got my hopes up, you er."

"Whee In doesn't tell me these kind of things, specially if it's about the personal lives of her coworkers. She's in the news department not in Dispatch."

"I'm sorry Hyejin. I'll try my best to get over her. I promise. After two weeks, I'll never see her again. As if nothing happens."

 

——————

Byul cannot sleep. She can still Hyejin's voice in her head, saying all the curse words that she can come up to. She knows she deserved it. She should be moving on, should be cold towards her. Not this, all too mushy and touchy.

But she missed her. She missed touching her, holding her, even just for a brief moment.

Holding Yong's chin was surely a force of habit. She always do this when the reporter gets frustrated ot bothered over something.

Hyejin knows that it was not really her intention to agree to agree with Yong when she suggested that they broke up. She was just angry and frustrated at that time. In the words of her friend, all her pent up emotions just exploded on that day.

She thought of winnning her back, but she stopped herself and thought that she needed their company to grow first, so that when the time comes that she ask her again to be her girlfriend, she has all the time and understanding in the world. But that did not happen.

When her friend started dating Whee In, it got her hopes up that somehow the universe was trying to connect them again. All she needs was the perfect timing. But the universe, being the villian of the story, says otherwise. She got busier as the company gain more popularity and Yong got promoted to a field reporter.

But when she saw her at the hotel's lobby she almost offered a little prayer of thanks to every deity that she knows. Except that now she knows that Yong is now taken.

"Am I too late, Yong? I'm too late, isn't it?" She murmured and glance at the reporter whose back is facing her.

 

The dragon cannot sleep too. Their almost kiss was replaying in her head that she wanted to cursed Henry for calling and interrupting them. She shut her eyes once more, but all she could see is the face of Byul, her eyes, cute little nose, her lips. She can feel her heart starts to beat fast again.

"This is not right. I'm in a relationship. Henry is a good guy. He's everything that I wanted. But why does it feel that something is missing. God, this is so frustrating." She shuts her eyes once more, repeating to herself that Henry is enough and that everything that she feels right now is nothing and will eventually disappear.

———————

"You look like a zombie." Byul said as she saw Yong rose from the bed.

"It's too early Byul. Stop the nonsense."

"Grumpy again. Problem in paradise?" Her eyebrows raised.

"No. We're perfectly fine. We're totally okay. Henry is—"

"Oh...so his name is Henry."

"Yeah. He's a good guy and—"

"I'm not really interest

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter